What books is our President reading

Well done.

Her arguements are so bereft of consistency that dismantling the premise is child's play.

Then she links Wiki as evidence she knows of Zakaria and his countless contradictions? Good lord, her kind are legion....

I linked Wiki? What are you blathering about now? I linked Zacaria' NEWSWEEK ARTICLE, shithead. Pay attention.

____

That's twice you have gotten Zakaria's name wrong...

So sue me.

What books is our president reading

Sounds like someone needs a lesson in literacy- Second grade reading to be exact.

What books *ARE* our president reading?

As a result of the incompetence involved with the construction of this thread, I refuse to comment further. Sorry- I don't want to troll here, but the whole dang thread is very trollish already, so I decided to just point out the obvious to you Neo-cons. Hopefully next time you choose to comment on the President's choice in literature, you may consider the fact that making a major grammatical error such as the one I pointed out, is not the stuff that political geniuses are made of.

like the Dems dont sell FEAR Hug?.....come on....they do it just as often.....

I'm sorry Harry but I do not believe that to be true. The republicans have always been a little fear mongerish and in the 60's, 70's and eighties you might have a point when the dems were almost as nuts as the neo cons are now. Being a republican by nature the last twenty years or so has been hard to suffer. The christian fundis have morphed thier fire and brimstone shtick into modern day politics and made fear thier main vehicle. Unfortunately many fall for the scam and show up tea baggin and scared crazy as coots.

I've never witnessed such rampant fear in public.

With this administration...crisis, crisis, we have to get the stimulus bill passed in 3 days. No that's not fear mongering. This is the worst recession since the Great Depression...no not fear mongering. It's politics as usual, neither side is exempt from fear mongering.

Must we go all the way back to the crisis again? In case you don't know by now, there WAS a crisis which threatened our entire capitalistic free market society. Without funds to continue doing business, an economic tsunami was just over the horizon. It did enough damage in the short time before TARP funds held back the gush, but not enough to save shuttered businesses and people out of work in record numbers. Thus the "stimulus" bill. You can argue what's in it, but both of those were necessary to keep the economy afloat until it can right itself. Those facts are no longer even considered debatable.

like the Dems dont sell FEAR Hug?.....come on....they do it just as often.....

I'm sorry Harry but I do not believe that to be true. The republicans have always been a little fear mongerish and in the 60's, 70's and eighties you might have a point when the dems were almost as nuts as the neo cons are now. Being a republican by nature the last twenty years or so has been hard to suffer. The christian fundis have morphed thier fire and brimstone shtick into modern day politics and made fear thier main vehicle. Unfortunately many fall for the scam and show up tea baggin and scared crazy as coots.

were im at Hug.....the Dems were telling old folkes if Bush gets elected there goes youre pensions....when he got in they got a raise.....they were telling the Illegals that if he gets in your going to be deported....that hasnt happened.....they use the Environment going to hell fear to sell you those curly light bulbs....which are no safer than the incandescent ones .....stuff like this.....it works both ways....

I replaced all my lightbulbs with "curly ones" four years ago and haven't had to replace one since. It isn't the safety factor, but the fact that they burn less electricity for longer periods of time. It sounds like a drop in the bucket, but read the energy saving facts here:

Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs : ENERGY STAR

The only thing I don't like about them is they rise a little bit above a couple of my lampshades.

Last edited:

were im at Hug.....the Dems were telling old folkes if Bush gets elected there goes youre pensions....when he got in they got a raise.....they were telling the Illegals that if he gets in your going to be deported....that hasnt happened.....they use the Environment going to hell fear to sell you those curly light bulbs....which are no safer than the incandescent ones .....stuff like this.....it works both ways....

I replaced all my lightbulbs with "curly ones" four years ago and haven't had to replace one since. It isn't the safety factor, but the fact that they burn less electricity for longer periods of time. It sounds like a drop in the bucket, but read the energy saving facts here:

The only thing I don't like about them is they rise a little bit above a couple of my lampshades.

No problem with the mercury if you ever break one?

on a news show i saw a while back they said never vacuum up one if you do break one,it will throw the Merc into the rooms air.....they recommend sweeping it up....

why do people care what books he is reading as along as its not during time he needs to be doing something else? I think it people weren't so scared of books with differing opinions than their own the country would be alot better off.

You mean that you personally thought that Saddam Hussein had something to do with the 9/11 attacks?

Well done.

Her arguements are so bereft of consistency that dismantling the premise is child's play.

Then she links Wiki as evidence she knows of Zakaria and his countless contradictions? Good lord, her kind are legion....

I linked Wiki? What are you blathering about now? I linked Zacaria' NEWSWEEK ARTICLE, shithead. Pay attention.

Unfortunately, Sinatra's kind are legion too. We saw 2 million ;) of them at Washington a few weeks ago.

I've never broken a lightbulb. What's supposed to happen? I've had a regular bulb pop when a drop of that scent stuff got on it, but it didn't hurt anyone. Just made a mess.

Forum List

Back