What books is our President reading

Like most of what Obama says and does, it depends on how you read it. He counts on idiots like yourself to see it as civilized and evidence of his advanced brainpower.

It's excusing dictatorship. I got the highest score possible on the comprehension segment of my SAT, I understand English. Hate to disappoint you.

You and your ilk seem to only understand English if it's in Dick & Jane format. Oh, and I'm an English major, and know how to interpret as it relates to content. The terms you have MISinterpreted and thereby MISrepresented relate to the content of Zacaria's book ONLY. See? Comprehension apparently wasn't your strong suit after all.

Zakaria has become increasingly irrelevant given his about face on issues in recent years. He was for the Iraq War then against it. He wants freedom brought to the Middle East but not the American version of it. He denounces radical Islam while making excuses for it...

Most recently he is attempting to refocus himself as a tangible voice within the liberal pool of political thought, but he is also smart enough to sense the sands of the American mood are shifting yet again, and look for Zakaria to move a bit with them.

He lacks credibility for the simple reason he wants so badly to be liked...

As were most people. Hello? OF COURSE there are conflicting options in the Mideast. There is a delicate balance between tradition and modernity as the region becomes more involved geopolitically.

I suggest you watch his program on CNN every Sunday afternoon (GPS). Zacaria'S knowedge runs circles around any "expert" on foreign relations found at the American Enterprise Institute.

Fareed Zakaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zakaria would make a better Secretary of State than Clinton or Condi.

That's possibly true, considering his vast knowledge. But he was born of Muslim parents, although I'm not sure if anyone knows whether he continues to practice Islam. So I can hear the continuing roars from the right wing noise machine if he were ever appointed a cabinet position.

Zakaria has become increasingly irrelevant given his about face on issues in recent years. He was for the Iraq War then against it. He wants freedom brought to the Middle East but not the American version of it. He denounces radical Islam while making excuses for it...

Most recently he is attempting to refocus himself as a tangible voice within the liberal pool of political thought, but he is also smart enough to sense the sands of the American mood are shifting yet again, and look for Zakaria to move a bit with them.

As were most people. Hello? OF COURSE there are conflicting options in the Mideast. There is a delicate balance between tradition and modernity as the region becomes more involved geopolitically.

I suggest you watch his program on CNN every Sunday afternoon (GPS). Zacaria'S knowedge runs circles around any "expert" on foreign relations found at the American Enterprise Institute.

Really? You were for the Iraq war and than against it? How is that? Why would you be for the war at first and then be against it?

Really? You were for the Iraq war and than against it? How is that? Why would you be for the war at first and then be against it?

Brainwashing. The BA was quite adept at trying to convince us that Saddam Hussein played a role in the attacks of 911. But it didn't take long before people began to wise up. It soon became obvious that they were USING the attacks as a justification to invade Iraq.

6.) Legitimacy is power - Legitimacy allows the power to set agendas, define crises, and mobilize support

You understand what that means? It means if you feel yourself to be "right" it gives you the right to run down anyone in your way.

Elections have consquences. If the republicans keep putting clowns and morons up for scrutiny you can expect to lose. It is really simple but it is still an elusive idea to neo cons...Put up worthy candidates..stop selling fear...offer the public a good well thought out alternative.

Brainwashing. The BA was quite adept at trying to convince us that Saddam Hussein played a role in the attacks of 911. But it didn't take long before people began to wise up. It soon became obvious that they were USING the attacks as a justification to invade Iraq.

You mean that you personally thought that Saddam Hussein had something to do with the 9/11 attacks?

I hope he is reading it to avoid pitfalls, rather than looking for ways to help Islam become more dominant in policy making to appease muslims.

You mean that you personally thought that Saddam Hussein had something to do with the 9/11 attacks?

Well done.

Her arguements are so bereft of consistency that dismantling the premise is child's play.

Then she links Wiki as evidence she knows of Zakaria and his countless contradictions? Good lord, her kind are legion....

For the first week or so, nobody knew for sure who was responsible. For all any of us knew, OBL and SH were in cahoots. But unfortunately, a huge number of people DID continue to believe that Saddam was responsible. As I recall, even as late as 2004 (following the invasion), a whopping 67% believed it, in spite of all the proof that Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks of 911.

Well done.

Her arguements are so bereft of consistency that dismantling the premise is child's play.

Then she links Wiki as evidence she knows of Zakaria and his countless contradictions? Good lord, her kind are legion....

I linked Wiki? What are you blathering about now? I linked Zacaria' NEWSWEEK ARTICLE, shithead. Pay attention.

I think Obama is about ready to start this one:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Politics-Dummies-Ann-Delaney/dp/156884381X]Amazon.com: Politics for Dummies (0785555843813): Ann Delaney: Books[/ame]

Fareed Zakaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zakaria would make a better Secretary of State than Clinton or Condi.

That's possibly true, considering his vast knowledge. But he was born of Muslim parents, although I'm not sure if anyone knows whether he continues to practice Islam. So I can hear the continuing roars from the right wing noise machine if he were ever appointed a cabinet position.

i read the Playboy interview with this guy.....in many areas i thought he made more sence than any of our "leaders"....ESPECIALLY concerning how to approach the middle east...and what i read wasnt appeasing them....

6.) Legitimacy is power - Legitimacy allows the power to set agendas, define crises, and mobilize support

You understand what that means? It means if you feel yourself to be "right" it gives you the right to run down anyone in your way.

Elections have consquences. If the republicans keep putting clowns and morons up for scrutiny you can expect to lose. It is really simple but it is still an elusive idea to neo cons...Put up worthy candidates..stop selling fear...offer the public a good well thought out alternative.

like the Dems dont sell FEAR Hug?.....come on....they do it just as often.....

Well done.

I linked Wiki? What are you blathering about now? I linked Zacaria' NEWSWEEK ARTICLE, shithead. Pay attention.

____

That's twice you have gotten Zakaria's name wrong...

I'm sorry Harry but I do not believe that to be true. The republicans have always been a little fear mongerish and in the 60's, 70's and eighties you might have a point when the dems were almost as nuts as the neo cons are now. Being a republican by nature the last twenty years or so has been hard to suffer. The christian fundis have morphed thier fire and brimstone shtick into modern day politics and made fear thier main vehicle. Unfortunately many fall for the scam and show up tea baggin and scared crazy as coots.

I've never witnessed such rampant fear in public.

I'm sorry Harry but I do not believe that to be true. The republicans have always been a little fear mongerish and in the 60's, 70's and eighties you might have a point when the dems were almost as nuts as the neo cons are now. Being a republican by nature the last twenty years or so has been hard to suffer. The christian fundis have morphed thier fire and brimstone shtick into modern day politics and made fear thier main vehicle. Unfortunately many fall for the scam and show up tea baggin and scared crazy as coots.

With this administration...crisis, crisis, we have to get the stimulus bill passed in 3 days. No that's not fear mongering. This is the worst recession since the Great Depression...no not fear mongering. It's politics as usual, neither side is exempt from fear mongering.

were im at Hug.....the Dems were telling old folkes if Bush gets elected there goes youre pensions....when he got in they got a raise.....they were telling the Illegals that if he gets in your going to be deported....that hasnt happened.....they use the Environment going to hell fear to sell you those curly light bulbs....which are no safer than the incandescent ones .....stuff like this.....it works both ways....

Forum List

Back