What Book is on Your Nightstand?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Lately, I've been on a non-fiction spree.

Now I'm reading The Blooding by Joseph Wambaugh. It tells the story of the discovery of genetic fingerprinting by scientist Alec Jeffrey. It's well-written and there's never a dull moment in the book.

Night Watch by Sarah Waters ( a novel) and Dakini's Warm Breath--the Feminine Principle in Tibetan Buddhism by Judith Simmer Brown

$img023.jpg

Don't buy a lot of books anymore , but bought 4 the other week cause Computer was down. Idea was to read them over a period of time. Read 3 the first day and the 4th the next day.

Science Fiction. 3 were books on Bolo's and the 4th was series book by Weber.

When I got sick I quit reading, used to read a couple books a week, Couldn't focus after I got sick. Now that I am doing better I can focus again so after 13 years I can read again.

Don't buy a lot of books anymore , but bought 4 the other week cause Computer was down. Idea was to read them over a period of time. Read 3 the first day and the 4th the next day.

Science Fiction. 3 were books on Bolo's and the 4th was series book by Weber.

When I got sick I quit reading, used to read a couple books a week, Couldn't focus after I got sick. Now that I am doing better I can focus again so after 13 years I can read again.

I know what you mean. I went through a period where I couldn't read. It does take a lot of focus. Still does...

I just read Slavery In Colonial America 1619 to 1776 by Betty Woods.
Kind of boring but I had to read it for a class but it was interesting, learn something new everyday about slavery and colonial times.

I just read Slavery In Colonial America 1619 to 1776 by Betty Woods.
Kind of boring but I had to read it for a class but it was interesting, learn something new everyday about slavery and colonial times.

Does it go into the economics of slavery? or is it more of a history book?

Hamilton's Curse: How Jefferson's Archenemy Betrayed the American Revolution - and What It Means for America Today
By: Thomas J. DiLorenzo

I'm also re-reading a personal favorite, the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.

Forum List

Back