What book are you reading??

I haven't done much reading lately. I think I burned myself out on political books over the last six years or so. But recently I did read two good books - The Book Thief and Unbroken. The Book Thief was awesome as was the movie; Unbroken was also awesome but the movie not so much. I used to read a lot and had tons of books. I always wanted my children to be exposed to good reading habits ... they finally got into it when they got older!

Was reading an article about a POW survivor from the Vietnam war. Army officer James N Rowe. Very interesting man. Evaded giving military secrets to his captors for years... Until low and behold American war protesters gave his name and military information to the Viet Cong.

Apparently he wrote two books. 5 Years To Freedom and The Judas Squad. Ordered them both this weekend. Can't wait to read them.

I recently read 'the God delusion' by Richard Dawkins, but I did not understand most of it and am slowly re- reading it with a dictionary in one hand. I have finally just started reading ' a brief history of time' by Steven Hawking. But I don't understand much of that either. I will probably have to re- read that too.

Well, I have no interest in sounding impressive, so I will state honestly that I'm reading a hilarious trashy novel called "The Housewife Assassin". It's about a woman living in a snooty suburb who discovers, after her husband dies in a car accident, that he was actually a government assassin. She is then recruited by his agency, and takes the job to be able to keep her kids in the suburban lifestyle, and to try to avenge her husband's death.

Well, I have no interest in sounding impressive, so I will state honestly that I'm reading a hilarious trashy novel called "The Housewife Assassin". It's about a woman living in a snooty suburb who discovers, after her husband dies in a car accident, that he was actually a government assassin. She is then recruited by his agency, and takes the job to be able to keep her kids in the suburban lifestyle, and to try to avenge her husband's death.

Soul of Christianity by Huston Smith

Differentiated Instruction and Assessment for English Language Learners

Forum List

Back