What Book Are You Reading Now?

Bonnie said:
Sounds like a book Id be interested in reading

The series isn't bad.. It's sort of in the "now", and the main character is pretty lippy. :D

It's interesting so far. I haven't read all the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels. I think you would like it Bonnie.

pretender said:
It's interesting so far. I haven't read all the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels. I think you would like it Bonnie.

I may have to add Anita Blake to my Ann Rice collection :)

Chronicles: Volume One by Bob Dylan

The life and times of Bob Dylan. Reveals many surprising aspects of Dylan's personality and what influenced his music and lyrics, e.g., his deep fascination with the American Civil War period. Dylan's characterization of his relationship with Robbie Robertson of The Band and Music From Big Pink is also a surprise.

-

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0765309408/qid%3D1101129655/sr%3D2-1/ref%3Dpd%5Fka%5Fb%5F2%5F1/102-7987050-2264149[/ame]

So far, really excellent!

Whoever Fights Monsters by Robert Ressler, profiling serial and mass killers

read it a couple times already. but its a good read

I am reading, among other things, "Making the Most of College" by Dick Light, "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, "Flatland" by A. Square, and "Something Happened" by Joseph Heller. Something Happened is a pretty neat book about domestic American life and culture which provided the underpinnings to the movies Fight Club and American Beauty. The Great Gatsby is pretty famous, about the rich and Eastern Establishment. Flatland is a great entertaining social criticism of the Victorian Era when it was written filtered through a mathematical lens.

I read mostly fiction for didactic entertainment.

I do read a lot, as you can see from what I've listed I am reading 4 books now. It is interesting here where I live because there have been a number of writers or poets who have lived in the area. Carl Sandburg, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Tom Wolf, the one who died a while ago and isn't writing books anymore.

onedomino said:
-
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
-
Since I am getting married in May, the following Tolstoy paragraph about marriage was interesting:

“Levin had been married three months. He was happy, but not at all in the way he had expected to be. At every step he found his former dreams disappointed, and new, unexpected surprises of happiness. He was happy; but upon entering upon family life he saw at every step that it was utterly different from what he had imagined. At every step he experienced what a man would experience who, after admiring the smooth, happy course of a little boat on a lake, should get himself into that little boat. He saw that it was not at all sitting still, floating smoothly; that one had to think too, not for an instant to forget where one was floating; and that there was water under one, and that one must row; and that his unaccustomed hands would be sore; and that it was only to look at it that was easy; but that doing it, though very delightful, was very difficult.”

onedomino said:
Since I am getting married in May, the following Tolstoy paragraph about marriage was interesting:

Congratulations! Hey you and Johnney! :dance:

The case against lawyers by Catherine Crier (Be nice, as a Marine I am used to small syllables and lots of pictures, :smoke: )

Forum List

Back