What Book Are You Reading Now?

I am Legend..

Worth buying? I've seen it but thought it was too expensive for a graphic novel.

I am Legend..

Worth buying? I've seen it but thought it was too expensive for a graphic novel.

I haven't seen the graphic.

I read the novel, it was written in 1954. It's about 180 pages long and was in a book that contained about 12 or 15 short stories written by Matheson. It's an interesting take on the vampire genre.

I Am Legend was made into a movie in the '60s starring Vincent Price, this version stayed fairly true to the book. In the '70s it was used as the basis for the movie The Omega Man starring Charleton Heston (this version pretty much ignored the vampire aspect of the book). Next month, I believe, is the release of the most recent incarnation starring Will Smith and using the original title of Matheson's book. They've changed the setting from Los Angeles to New York, and I don't know about the vampire aspect.

thanks.. I have heard about it and only saw it in graphic novel format and it was, like, 25 dollars so...

I am Legend..

It's a short story, written in the 50s. Yes, the collection is worth buying, very good stuff. The story is VASTLY different from the movie, so you don't need to worry about already knowing the story, because you don't.

It shouldn't have been expensive. I got mine for just a few bucks. Like I said, it's a short story from the 50s, it's in a collection with other stories by the same author. It's not a graphic novel.

Book I'm starting:
The Weight of Water
Books I just finished:
Lone Survivor
Panic in Level 4

Books I've read before but are by my bed:
The Return of the King
The Bible
The Captive by Victoria Holt
A book about Darnley's murder at Kirk 'o Field, I can't remember what it's called. I'm working on it. I've read it before. It's a little ponderous.

Oh and I also recently read THe HIstorian, which is a take on Bram Stoker's Dracula, kinda good, really.

Forum List

Back