What Benefit Do I Get From Fed Tax?

Hate to burst your bubbles, but ABOUT HALF goes to military spending, not no 20%. Remember, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid are paid out of payroll taxes (FICA).

:clap2:

:cuckoo:

I never said 20% blah, blah, blah...the poster Cuyo must have me on ignore or is part of the drug addled culture who can't figure out how to properly reply with quotes.

I wasn't directing it at you, Dante, it was Boe that made the 20% statement. Also I didn't start the thread, it was Froggy.

I pay 7.58 for a pack of cigarettes, my child gets state medical due to a disability. I think it works out well.
While you get interstate highways, fireman, policeman, city, state, and national parks, etc.

As i explained all those are under property and gas taxes.

I pay property tax to cover law enforcement firefighters and paramedics. i pay gas tax to cover roads, but what does fed give me for "fed withholdings"?

Government is a bit different from a sale on socks at Walmart's, froggy. You pay taxes because it is your patriotic duty to do so, and because you have a legal duty. The Government does not have to prove that you are getting good value for your money before it can be taken.

If you are unhappy with the amount taken, or the manner in which it is spent, your remedy is not to request a refund. It is not to sue for breach of implied warranty. It is to vote the present gang of bums out and hire on new bums you believe will do better. There is no contract between you and your government.

I'd list every federal government activity that may enhance your life, but I don't know much about it apart from the fact that you evidentially have a job.

Forum List

Back