What Benefit Do I Get From Fed Tax?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
I pay property tax to cover law enforcement firefighters and paramedics. i pay gas tax to cover roads, but what does fed give me for "fed withholdings"?

20% goes to national defense - most of the rest is just transfer payments with which Congress buys votes.

Sounds good to me. The present Federal Government spending 25% of GDP is 5X too much from my POV.

CDC. FDA. NOAA. NASA. EPA. DOE. And so many more that protect us and provide R and D that has often been the driving force behind new technology. If you really wish to live where there are no taxes, move to Somolia.

I pay 7.58 for a pack of cigarettes, my child gets state medical due to a disability. I think it works out well.
While you get interstate highways, fireman, policeman, city, state, and national parks, etc.

you get to subsidize imperialistic murder throughout the world and lazy fucks who smoke crack on your money

I pay 7.58 for a pack of cigarettes, my child gets state medical due to a disability. I think it works out well.
While you get interstate highways, fireman, policeman, city, state, and national parks, etc.

Why do you hate yourself?

I pay property tax to cover law enforcement firefighters and paramedics. i pay gas tax to cover roads, but what does fed give me for "fed withholdings"?

Battleships and Nukes and Bombers and Aircraft Carriers galore.

But education, and healthcare, shit we just can't afford it.

Last edited:

better yet, figure out what percentage your two cents contributes to...

2010 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

* Mandatory spending: $2.184 trillion (+15.6%)
o $695 billion (+4.9%) – Social Security
o $453 billion (+6.6%) – Medicare
o $290 billion (+12.0%) – Medicaid
o $0 billion (−100%) – Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP)
o $0 billion (−100%) – Financial stabilization efforts
o $11 billion (+275%) – Potential disaster costs
o $571 billion (−15.2%) – Other mandatory programs
o $164 billion (+18.0%) – Interest on National Debt

US receipt and expenditure estimates for fiscal year 2010.

* Discretionary spending: $1.368 trillion (+13.1%)
o $663.7 billion (+12.7%) – Department of Defense (including Overseas Contingency Operations)
o $78.7 billion (−1.7%) – Department of Health and Human Services
o $72.5 billion (+2.8%) – Department of Transportation
o $52.5 billion (+10.3%) – Department of Veterans Affairs
o $51.7 billion (+40.9%) – Department of State and Other International Programs
o $47.5 billion (+18.5%) – Department of Housing and Urban Development
o $46.7 billion (+12.8%) – Department of Education
o $42.7 billion (+1.2%) – Department of Homeland Security
o $26.3 billion (−0.4%) – Department of Energy
o $26.0 billion (+8.8%) – Department of Agriculture
o $23.9 billion (−6.3%) – Department of Justice
o $18.7 billion (+5.1%) – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
o $13.8 billion (+48.4%) – Department of Commerce
o $13.3 billion (+4.7%) – Department of Labor
o $13.3 billion (+4.7%) – Department of the Treasury
o $12.0 billion (+6.2%) – Department of the Interior
o $10.5 billion (+34.6%) – Environmental Protection Agency
o $9.7 billion (+10.2%) – Social Security Administration
o $7.0 billion (+1.4%) – National Science Foundation
o $5.1 billion (−3.8%) – Corps of Engineers
o $5.0 billion (+100%) – National Infrastructure Bank
o $1.1 billion (+22.2%) – Corporation for National and Community Service
o $0.7 billion (0.0%) – Small Business Administration
o $0.6 billion (−14.3%) – General Services Administration
o $19.8 billion (+3.7%) – Other Agencies
o $105 billion – Other

CDC. FDA. NOAA. NASA. EPA. DOE. And so many more that protect us and provide R and D that has often been the driving force behind new technology. If you really wish to live where there are no taxes, move to Somolia.

:eek:

THAT'S where the above phrase came from. Saw it used in another thread that made absolutely no sense.

20% goes to national defense - most of the rest is just transfer payments with which Congress buys votes.

2010 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:eusa_whistle:

Hate to burst your bubbles, but ABOUT HALF goes to military spending, not no 20%. Remember, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid are paid out of payroll taxes (FICA).

I was posting in the context of the OP you started this thread with:

What Benefit Do I Get From Fed Tax?

What I am saying is if you are complaining about federal taxes and would like to deselect what you actually contribute to, not a dollar amount would be subtracted in any program...minus your contribution.

I often hear people say "My money goes to support" such and such. As if whatever they are opposed to exists because of their individual contribution. It's all idiocy.

Forum List

Back