WHAT auto bailout? GM bailout into reverse

LadyGunSlinger

Conservative Babe
Feb 6, 2011
A backroom deal hatched by General Motors during the auto bailout to fulfill the Obama administration’s demand for a quick bankruptcy could be reversed, draining the automaker of nearly all of its cash on hand and leaving it in worse shape than it was when it collapsed in 2009.

Read more: Canadian deal could throw GM bailout into reverse | Times 247

Can this MORON do anything right????? The Community Organizer is an ABSOLUTE AND ABJECT FAILURE!!!

Everything he touches is failing. GM might not be alive much longer.. I wont buy from GM anyway.. Union people take our tax dollars on a private business. Sorry doesnt fly with me.. I dont bank at any of the big banks either..

How much money has this JERK cost taxpayers??? WASTED MONEY.. Solyndra, GM..

Everything he touches is failing. GM might not be alive much longer.. I wont buy from GM anyway.. Union people take our tax dollars on a private business. Sorry doesnt fly with me.. I dont bank at any of the big banks either..

Your post needs clarification. How exactly do taxes go to unions?

Are you suggesting that only non-union businesses get stimulus money? Or do you mean the money should have gone only to uber-rich corporate CEOs?

That story is AWFULLY short on details. It makes an allegation and then just stops.

Got more?

If this is true, it's starting to read like:

The Bonfire Of The Vanities

A backroom deal hatched by General Motors during the auto bailout to fulfill the Obama administration’s demand for a quick bankruptcy could be reversed, draining the automaker of nearly all of its cash on hand and leaving it in worse shape than it was when it collapsed in 2009.

Read more: Canadian deal could throw GM bailout into reverse | Times 247

Can this MORON do anything right????? The Community Organizer is an ABSOLUTE AND ABJECT FAILURE!!!

I posted in here several weeks ago that General Motors would be filing for bankruptcy within the next year, probably within the next six months.

No surprise. Everything the federal government is involved in turns to SHIT.

I still can't get past the $30 billion in tax payer money to prop them up. After all that money, we still can't save jobs. How many billions have been absorbed by companies for bail out and green energy investment and left us nothing to show for it? I thought all of these too big to fail companies were part of the problem, so why did we sacrifice our grandchildren's future to keep them going? If they are really too big to fail, they shouldn't need the little people to save their sorry asses.

That story is AWFULLY short on details. It makes an allegation and then just stops.

Got more?

http://freebeacon.com/general-motors-is-alive-for-now/

Good grief! That's the worst kind of "journalism" I've seen since I wasted 5 minutes reading World Nut Daily or Daily Kos!

That's not a news story, it's an opinion piece disguised as reporting to fool the simpletons and based upon next to nothing. Look at the qualifiers in it. Just LOOK AT THE QUALIFIERS:

could be reversed
which could have delayed
If they had continued
they could have easily
could now reverse
if indeed it was assigned at all
should be very concerned
he may have to
If he reopens
should have happened
It could unravel
If you reopen the sale
If the court decides
could cease to exist
If they had to stop
if it is made to unwind the bailout
If they were to enter
could create

Worse, the author makes a totally unfounded, unsubstantiated and unproven allegation:

"...The process was politically driven to be done as fast as possible..."

This is right wing "journalism" at its finest, and I use the term journalism very loosely on purpose. However, it's not surprising given that it comes from a "news" outlet created and run by a true RWNJ ideologue who once said that the American media turned on Sarah Palin because of their blind allegiance to Barack Obama.

Got more?

http://freebeacon.com/general-motors-is-alive-for-now/

Good grief! That's the worst kind of "journalism" I've seen since I wasted 5 minutes reading World Nut Daily or Daily Kos!

That's not a news story, it's an opinion piece disguised as reporting to fool the simpletons and based upon next to nothing. Look at the qualifiers in it. Just LOOK AT THE QUALIFIERS:
<snipped for brevity>
Worse, the author makes a totally unfounded, unsubstantiated and unproven allegation:

This is right wing "journalism" at its finest, and I use the term journalism very loosely on purpose. However, it's not surprising given that it comes from a "news" outlet created and run by a true RWNJ ideologue who once said that the American media turned on Sarah Palin because of their blind allegiance to Barack Obama.

You're right. It's impossible to make a blanket statement on any court case outcome.

Creditor Lawsuit Could Undo Elements of 2009 GM Bailout - Deal Journal - WSJ

Dan Akerson Runs GM With A Tight Fist, But Appears To Be Losing His Grip - Forbes

Something is going on though, unfortunately.

<snipped for brevity>

You're right. It's impossible to make a blanket statement on any court case outcome.

Dan Akerson Runs GM With A Tight Fist, But Appears To Be Losing His Grip - Forbes

Something is going on though, unfortunately.

I don't know what the second link to a story involving Manchester United has to do with anything, but I wish one of the links provided in this thread...just ONE link...would give a case name or number or at least the court in which the issue is being decided. Just one!

Then, we could see for ourselves and cut through the bullshit.

Your post needs clarification. How exactly do taxes go to unions?

Are you suggesting that only non-union businesses get stimulus money? Or do you mean the money should have gone only to uber-rich corporate CEOs?

If my memory serves me correctly, the union was GIVEN about 45% ownership of the company. Which means they got about 13.5 billion of the bail out money. The tax payers still hold a butt load of GM stock that GM was wanting to buy back at current market, which would mean a huge loss for US.

I currently own 3 GM vehicles, they better last forever because I'll never buy another one from them.

This link is not about Manchester United.
It is about the systematic firing of GM execs in a short period of time.

This link is actual reporting on testimony.

This link is an article on the filing of the lawsuit.
Old GM Creditors, General Growth, Flying J, National Envelope: Bankruptcy - Bloomberg

"Motors Liquidation Co., 09-50026, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan)."

Forum List

Back