What are your.............

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Impulse habits or behaviors???

For example I have this thing in which my car interior has to be clean and vacuumed at all times......and now with the all the Wintery rain here, I find myself cleaning my car almost everyday.

My closet must be organized always, and I can't leave the house if my bed is unmade.

Bonnie said:
Impulse habits or behaviors???

For example I have this thing in which my car interior has to be clean and vacuumed at all times......and now with the all the Wintery rain here, I find myself cleaning my car almost everyday.

My closet must be organized always, and I can't leave the house if my bed is unmade.

My desk must ALWAYS be a mess or I can't work! :bangheads

Mine is house keeping. In particular vaccuuming. The carpet has to look nice at all times or I can't relax. I drive myself nuts. Same with the kitchen floor. All this winter weather has made me nuts as well with everyone stomping through the living room with wet shoes!!!!! :bangheads

Christ.. Where do I start?

Laundry. I can't leave it in the dryer. I have to go down and fold it the second it's dry, and I can't leave it in baskets - not even for 10 minutes - it has to be put away.

krisy said:
Mine is house keeping. In particular vaccuuming. The carpet has to look nice at all times or I can't relax. I drive myself nuts. Same with the kitchen floor. All this winter weather has made me nuts as well with everyone stomping through the living room with wet shoes!!!!! :bangheads

I have to have vacuume tracks in my carpet, so I vacuume from back to front....LOL

Shattered said:

Laundry. I can't leave it in the dryer. I have to go down and fold it the second it's dry, and I can't leave it in baskets - not even for 10 minutes - it has to be put away.

Yes definately no clothes in a laundry basket, sheets as well, I need to take them right out of the dryer and either fold them or put them back on the bed so they don't wrinkle....

Bonnie said:
I have to have vacuume tracks in my carpet, so I vacuume from back to front....LOL

I'm telling my husband immediately about this!!! He thinks I'm nuts because I want tracks in the carpet. I'm not the only one...woooohoooo!!

Bonnie said:
Yes definately no clothes in a laundry basket, sheets as well, I need to take them right out of the dryer and either fold them or put them back on the bed so they don't wrinkle....

Right...and the fitted sheet has to be draped over the top, because you can't get it folded "just right". Ahhhhh!

Socks. Socks all have to match going IN to the washer, so they match coming out of the dryer

Shattered said:

That's a habit I wish I had!!! I get the laundry done,but putting it away takes a couple days.

krisy said:
That's a habit I wish I had!!! I get the laundry done,but putting it away takes a couple days.

Well, see, I'm lazy..and if I don't put it away immediately, I have to iron it.

I don't iron.

Period.

:D

MtnBiker said:
:thup: I'm with you on that one! When I go to clean my desk I start with a garden rake. :D

I start with a bulldozer....somewhere deep down within the papers / papers / photos of papers there lay a body I am sure....

Bonnie said:

But how does that matter? If you dress the bed correctly by stretching the top sheet over the fitted - no wrinkles...correct?

Now not that I am the expert in this field or anything but sometime in my past I worked in hotels and I recall the chambermaids doing this so nothing looks wrinkled.

I have this thing to check check and triple check when I leave for an extended period of time to ensure the stove / oven is off.

But I worked with this woman who had a fear of germs....so she bleached everything. When she would go to a hotel she would bleach the bathroom and clean the room up with her own supplies before her kids could touch anything....now here is the kick in the head - this gal - compulsive as she was about bleaching everything had a son that beat girls up in school and that was okay...you know...because the girls deserved it. She was also sick all the time - probibly from inhaling all the bleach - she also was a frequent customer at McDonalds - where who knows what goes on behind those counters....but that was okay with her.

winston, You just reminded me of another one. I too check the oven stove a couple of times before I leave for work,even though it doesn't get turned on in the morning. Same with the coffe pot. I think we need the automatic stuff that shuts itself off!!!!

I walk every morning, and it has to be to the same spot (which is about 1 km from my house). I also have to buy a coffee on the way back, or else I will be in a very pissy mood. If I'm missing one of the two from my daily routine, there could be serious problems. Other than that, I'm unorganized and messy (I can't even print neatly) I don't know how I get anything done, and I should probably be ashamed. :D

I take a shower at least once a day...

Oh, wait. Here is a good one. I check my gun every night before bed to insure it is stored properly and easily accessible. Every night! Sometimes twice.

i guess my biggest pet peave is formatting of letters, etc.

I hate it when people use the space bar instead of tabs, I can't stand it when things are not spaced properly, etc.

On here it doesn't bother me, but when official letters or even personal letters, etc. go out (or come in as resumes, etc.) these are clear things I look for. If a person can't have things neatly aligned, then they ain't get'n a job!

New Topics

Forum List

Back