What are your top 3-5 personal favorite sit-coms of all time?

1) Nodame cantabile
2) Randall and Hopkirk, Deceased
3) Hogan's Heroes
4) Fated to Love You
5) Johny Bago.

All in the Family
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Seinfeld
Everybody Love Raymond

allinthefamily1.png

Last edited:
Let me see ... how badly can I age myself?

The Honeymooners
Sid Cesar and Imogene Coca
All in the Family
Sonny and Cher Show
Two and a Half Men

and believe it or not ...

The Big Bang Theory

The Honeymooners
All in the Family
Sonny and Cher Show
Two and a Half Men

The Big Bang Theory

pretty badly --- how about ernie kovacs or phil silvers?

Huggy may have a point. They are sold over the world and what that is what the folks overseas have to evaluate us with.

In Japan, Yankee is a type of hoodlum noteable for violence, stupidity and bad manners.

In Korean dramas, the phrase "he is from the states" explains dimness and bad manners. Americans are a subject for broad humor. But a US education is also seen as a huge step up, and if you have any kind of medical need that is not an emergency in nature, it is usually taken care of by a flight to the US if the charachter has the cash to do it.

For me:

Seinfeld
King of Queens
The Office

I hate all sitcoms. They introduced canned laughter into our homes encouraging laughing at what is not funny, degrading americans view of other americans and dumbing down the population.

lighten up, frances

Does my post appear to be a rant? Maybe if I could have included a laugh track..you would have thought it amusing. :lol::lol:

I hate all sitcoms. They introduced canned laughter into our homes encouraging laughing at what is not funny, degrading americans view of other americans and dumbing down the population.

lighten up, frances

Does my post appear to be a rant? Maybe if I could have included a laugh track..you would have thought it amusing. :lol::lol:

um, no.

The Honeymooners
All in the Family
Sonny and Cher Show
Two and a Half Men

The Big Bang Theory

pretty badly --- how about ernie kovacs or phil silvers?

Ohmygod!! I forgot all about them! Funny as hell!

And who was the guy who was on Ed Sullivan a lot - his first line was always a deadpan expression - "My name Jose Hernandez."

And the comedian who called himself "Geraldine" and also said, "The devil made me do it." He was FUNNY!

Then there was Brother Dave Garner ...

Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, and Ron White ...

But I could not stand "I Love Lucy." I still don't like the rerun circuits.

Forum List

Back