What are your thoughts on Kathy Griffin &her incident where she posed with a "bloodied Trump mask"

imisslily

Sep 11, 2018
On May 30, 2017, Griffin posted a video of herself holding "a mask styled to look like the severed, bloody head" of U.S. President Donald Trump, which was posted on her Instagram and Twitter accounts. She wrote: "I caption this 'there was blood coming out of his eyes, blood coming out of his...wherever," referencing a past comment Trump had made about Megyn Kelly.
screen_shot_2017-05-30_at_1.47.48_pm_-_h_2017.jpg

The video was from a shoot with photographer Tyler Shields, who is known for producing "shocking" imagery. Various members of the Trump family responded to the photo, including Trump, his son Donald Jr., and his wife Melania, who said, "As a mother, a wife, and a human being, that photo is very disturbing. When you consider some of the atrocities happening in the world today, a photo opportunity like this is simply wrong and makes you wonder about the mental health of the person who did it."

source: Kathy Griffin isn't sorry about her Trump photo anymore

On May 30, 2017, Griffin posted a video of herself holding "a mask styled to look like the severed, bloody head" of U.S. President Donald Trump, which was posted on her Instagram and Twitter accounts. She wrote: "I caption this 'there was blood coming out of his eyes, blood coming out of his...wherever," referencing a past comment Trump had made about Megyn Kelly.

The video was from a shoot with photographer Tyler Shields, who is known for producing "shocking" imagery. Various members of the Trump family responded to the photo, including Trump, his son Donald Jr., and his wife Melania, who said, "As a mother, a wife, and a human being, that photo is very disturbing. When you consider some of the atrocities happening in the world today, a photo opportunity like this is simply wrong and makes you wonder about the mental health of the person who did it."

Freedom of speech.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

My thoughts are this is really old news, and I’ll bet there are other threads on it. Oh and it really stifled what little career she had.

Pretty funny stuff.

Not the photo, the op's attempt to distract from the real things happening.

It’s been a big boost to her career which was dead at the time

Ah really, She lost more work than she has gotten. She got canned from her CNN gig. I’m betting she wished she had never done it

Griffin's appearance on Maher's show — and what she called her "small victorious announcement" — appeared to mark the beginning of her comeback, after the backlash over the offending photo last May badly hurt her ability to work. "TMZ was reporting my show cancellations in real time," she said of her standup tour. She also lost her longtime New Year's Eve hosting gig on CNN.

Ah really, She lost more work than she has gotten. She got canned from her CNN gig. I’m betting she wished she had never done it

Griffin's appearance on Maher's show — and what she called her "small victorious announcement" — appeared to mark the beginning of her comeback, after the backlash over the offending photo last May badly hurt her ability to work. "TMZ was reporting my show cancellations in real time," she said of her standup tour. She also lost her longtime New Year's Eve hosting gig on CNN.
She had a sold out world tour afterwards. Her career was dead, and you rubes breathed life into her. She’s touring the U.S. as we speak. Best marketing move she ever made.

It was out of line...way out of line.

She had a sold out world tour afterwards. Her career was dead, and you rubes breathed life into her. She’s touring the U.S. as we speak. Best marketing move she ever made.
good marketing move and for business, but i still think she regrets it because she did make a video saying Trump has broken her. Also she said she feels like a victim from countless death threats from Trump fans

good marketing move and for business, but i still think she regrets it because she did make a video saying Trump has broken her. Also she said she feels like a victim from countless death threats from Trump fans
I have no doubt the Trump sheep tried their hardest to intimidate and destroy her. Never the less, she came out on top.

It actually had very little effect on my opinion of her. Because I knew for years she was an unfunny, shallow, psychopath, vulture-like parasite. Whose entire comedy career is picking random fights with innocent people and then ripping them apart in her routine. Like the gossipy coward she is. Even if she's hadn't done the beheading thing - behaving exactly like the muslims that liberals cocksuck - I would still be repulsed by this screechy-voiced, miserable, shit-eating goblin. Who looks like Carrot Top fucked the Burger King. And that banshee VOICE alone shortens the lifespan of anyone unfortunate enough to listen to it.

Haha, unlike the rest of you, I was hating Kathy Griffin before it became cool.

Freedom of speech.

No, death threats are not covered by Freedom of Speech. Try again, even though I know you liberals find it morally acceptable to make gruesome assassination threats against anyone you don't like.

The problem is, shes a comedian, but that picture isnt funny. It obviously wasnt meant to be. It's not like shes smiling or laughing. She looks serious, so it's super weird.

Freedom of speech.

Indeed. So is the backlash against her. Isnt freedom great?!

Freedom of speech.

No, death threats are not covered by Freedom of Speech. Try again, even though I know you liberals find it morally acceptable to make gruesome assassination threats against anyone you don't like.

It wasn't a death threat, Chicken Little.

Meh

New Topics

Forum List

Back