What are your thought on all this "Occupy" Stuff?

you bastard. Might as well blow up a 7/11 while you're at it

ROFL. My potato salad will make me forget the error of my ways. I make potato salad with white wine. None of that gloppy mayo shit.

A real American would have made coleslaw.....

Dirty Irish Potato Farmer....

I'm out of my coleslaw dressing. I use Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing for coleslaw dressing. My kids always went wild for it.

And I use Robert Rothschild Raspberry Wassabi Dipping Mustard in my deviled eggs. YUM!

Just meat and potatoes at my house is an adventure! LOL

(I bet those 'occupy' people are getting a mite peckish right about now!)

Last edited:
ROFL. My potato salad will make me forget the error of my ways. I make potato salad with white wine. None of that gloppy mayo shit.

I'm out of my coleslaw dressing. I use Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing for coleslaw dressing. My kids always went wild for it.

And I use Robert Rothschild Raspberry Wassabi Dipping Mustard in my deviled eggs. YUM!

I bet that if they have wi-fi and can read your posts they are wishing for a good meal instead of the canned beans they are eating.

Like I always say,
Don't let your meat loaf.

LOL. It's done and cooling as we speak. The Indian succotash is done as well. Does cooking Indian succotash make me a racist?

Only if by "Indian" you mean native american and not a person from India.

Actually, native American is a misnomer. I am a native American. I was born here. American Indians are indigenous Americans!

BTW: The succotash turned out great!

I bet that if they have wi-fi and can read your posts they are wishing for a good meal instead of the canned beans they are eating.

My friends and family all like my cooking. Not sure why. It's not cuisine. It's just FOOD!

but of course having a reason to be paid like a fortune 500 CEO means nothing. Not like someone needs to have some skills to trade and be WORTH paying that money.

Why don't all actors earn scale? Why don't all athletes earn league minimum? By this envy logic, they should all be earning minimum wage, like everyone else.

Love the spread the misery tactic. It's so 1930's.

I find it hilarious that all these people whine and complain about how some people earn more than others. OMG! Im so sorry I am successful. :( How could I have done that to my country? Excuse ME! Here is all my wealth! To be a true American I must not make something of myself. I shall not be better than my fellow man. From this point on I will work for the same money my secretary makes!!! How could I be so blind! Thank you Liberals for opening my eyes ( Sarcasm Off)

Okay. You. Allegedly brilliant young man. Read the article and charts at this URL, and then see what is happening, the truth and reality of the situation.

Allow me to reiterate for I wanna say the 14th time. This is not about the wealthy. We never had a problem with the wealthy when the middle class was healthy. We never had a problem with the wealthy until they hoovered all the money out of the economy. NOW we have a problem.

When things are returned to normal, I will likely still be living under someone else's roof, helping make ends meet. At least for a time. Unless I stop screwing around and actually write my damn books, I'll be below middle class. But that's okay! Even when I was middle class, I never bought a lot of toys, ate out much, or just basically lived outside my means.

So once more with feeling: That is NOT the point.

CHARTS: Here's What The Wall Street Protesters Are So Angry About...

And for everybody too damn lazy to go read the damn article, here's an excerpt.

The problem in a nutshell is this: Inequality in this country has hit a level that has been seen only once in the nation's history, and unemployment has reached a level that has been seen only once since the Great Depression. And, at the same time, corporate profits are at a record high.

In other words, in the never-ending tug-of-war between "labor" and "capital," there has rarely—if ever—been a time when "capital" was so clearly winning.

BD,
Then for heaven's sake, get to that keyboard (typewriter or computer), and START WRITING! I'm serious; I may disagree with you most of the time, but I know writing talent, and I think there really just might be a book or two in that head of yours, IF you can ever get them on paper. Just do it!

Let me offer you this, from Ernest Hemingway, "What difference does it make, if you live in a picturesque little outhouse surrounded by 300 feeble-mined goats and your faithful dog? The question is...can you write?".

The world can always use another good book, even (maybe especially) in these times.

LOL. It's done and cooling as we speak. The Indian succotash is done as well. Does cooking Indian succotash make me a racist?

Only if by "Indian" you mean native american and not a person from India.

Actually, native American is a misnomer. I am a native American. I was born here. American Indians are indigenous Americans!

BTW: The succotash turned out great!

I stand corrected.
Can I come to dinner now?

"Addressing income inequality" and "making your income exactly equal to that of a Fortune 500 executive" are not synonyms.

Income inequality is not binary. It is not either-or. It is more-less. A good measure of it is the share of national income taken home by those in the top 1% of earners. It is too high. The share of income going to the rest of us is too low.

The problem with income inequality is not that it exists, but that it is excessive, which is not only unfair but also bad for the economy.
but of course having a reason to be paid like a fortune 500 CEO means nothing. Not like someone needs to have some skills to trade and be WORTH paying that money.

Why don't all actors earn scale? Why don't all athletes earn league minimum? By this envy logic, they should all be earning minimum wage, like everyone else.

Love the spread the misery tactic. It's so 1930's.

And where are the 'quotas' in the NFL? But that's another thread, now isn't it!
Ever hear of the Rooney Rule? The only quota is AGAINST whites.

Is it possible that most of the protesters simply misunderstood the phrase the Founders used in the Constitution "promote the general welfare?"

OK, that was a rhetorical question; I doubt if they have actually read it.

Forum List

Back