What are your phobias?

I used to be afraid of clowns when I was little.

Right now my only real phobia is open water. I wont swim in ponds or at the beach and definitely not in the open ocean. The idea of all that unknown underneath me freaks me the fuggout!

Deep water for me! HOLY FRIG!

I learned to overcome my fears when snorkeling in BVI. As long as I can clearly see the bottom, I am relatively okay.

But at one point, I had to snorkel out around the edge of the reef and looked to my left and saw the abyss.

FUCK!!! I was freaked! I swam fast! Right now I have goosebumps just thinking about it.

Seriously though... if I have one true phobia, it would be the fear of surviving a bad car crash.

-Joe

But what if you survive it and are perfectly fine (as are all other parties involved besides your car)

X - spiders for me too. Just . . . . can't even talk about them without my toes curling.

A-15 -- open water as well. Pools don't thrill me either. Being in water in general - I can do without.

Clowns are one of two things, depending - the most frightening thing ever imagined or just plain sad.

Right now my only real phobia is open water. I wont swim in ponds or at the beach and definitely not in the open ocean. The idea of all that unknown underneath me freaks me the fuggout!

I learned to overcome my fears when snorkeling in BVI. As long as I can clearly see the bottom, I am relatively okay.

But at one point, I had to snorkel out around the edge of the reef and looked to my left and saw the abyss.

FUCK!!! I was freaked! I swam fast! Right now I have goosebumps just thinking about it.

There nothing like feeling like a potential meal ...

Would you let him take you swimming at the beach?

clowns.png

As long as he is wearing appropriate swimming attire, I have no problem. I'm sure he looks less troubling when his hair gets wet and is slicked back.

Now, I would not want to see that face staring back at me through a window when I am home alone at night.

Would you let him take you swimming at the beach?

clowns.png

Stupid work blocking the pic but judging by the name "clowns.png" I'm gonna say "Heeeeeeeellllllll no!"

I'm not as concerned about being eaten as I am encountering something (like a whale) that is so big that I cannot comprehend it.

I would never go out into an Alaskan fjord in one of those inflatable rowboats to look for whales. Good fucking Christ!

Speaking of being scared of deep water...........

Have any of you read the Stephen King short story about the teens out on the lake, they were on one of those huge raft like things you swim out to.....and some kind of "lake monster slime" thing would get them one by one, through the cracks or if any part of their body was touching water...............

Scary! :eek:

I found it, it's called, "The Raft" :eek:
T
he Raft" is about four college students, two young men (Randy and Deke) and two young women (Rachel and LaVerne), who go out to swim on a remote Pennsylvania lake during the autumn, when nobody is around. After they swim out to the raft in the middle of the lake, a mysterious oil slick-like creature appears in the water beneath them. Deke ridicules Randy's suspicions that the "oil slick" was chasing the girls, refusing to take the situation seriously until Rachel touches it. The creature instantly wraps around her arm, pulling her into itself and gradually dissolving her. After the initial panic, Deke decides he could make a swim to the shore, but as he prepares to jump into the lake he steps on a crack on the raft and the creature grabs him by his foot. Unable to free his friend, Randy watches as Deke is slowly consumed by the creature. Now unwilling to risk swimming for shore, Randy and LaVerne take turns watching the creature (which changes positions every now and then - it is either under the raft, or out of it). One stands while the other one sits. During the course of the night, LaVerne convinces Randy that they should sit together and keep each other warm. He eventually touches one of her breasts, and they end up having sex. During intercourse, LaVerne's hair falls off through the cracks of the raft and the creature absorbs her. The story ends with Randy alone, watching the colors of the creature, until he no longer looks away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raft_(short_story)

I'm not as concerned about being eaten as I am encountering something (like a whale) that is so big that I cannot comprehend it.

I would never go out into an Alaskan fjord in one of those inflatable rowboats to look for whales. Good fucking Christ!

If and when Divecon reads this thread, I hope he gives us rep for giving him good laughs.

Have any of you read the Stephen King short story about the teens out on the lake, they were on one of those huge raft like things you swim out to.....and some kind of "lake monster slime" thing would get them one by one, through the cracks or if any part of their body was touching water...............

T
he Raft" is about four college students, two young men (Randy and Deke) and two young women (Rachel and LaVerne), who go out to swim on a remote Pennsylvania lake during the autumn, when nobody is around. After they swim out to the raft in the middle of the lake, a mysterious oil slick-like creature appears in the water beneath them. Deke ridicules Randy's suspicions that the "oil slick" was chasing the girls, refusing to take the situation seriously until Rachel touches it. The creature instantly wraps around her arm, pulling her into itself and gradually dissolving her. After the initial panic, Deke decides he could make a swim to the shore, but as he prepares to jump into the lake he steps on a crack on the raft and the creature grabs him by his foot. Unable to free his friend, Randy watches as Deke is slowly consumed by the creature. Now unwilling to risk swimming for shore, Randy and LaVerne take turns watching the creature (which changes positions every now and then - it is either under the raft, or out of it). One stands while the other one sits. During the course of the night, LaVerne convinces Randy that they should sit together and keep each other warm. He eventually touches one of her breasts, and they end up having sex. During intercourse, LaVerne's hair falls off through the cracks of the raft and the creature absorbs her. The story ends with Randy alone, watching the colors of the creature, until he no longer looks away.

Yeah ... they made that into a short movie as part of the original Creepshow I believe.

T

Yeah ... they made that into a short movie as part of the original Creepshow I believe.

Read the short story, it's nice and creepy! He's such a good horror writer, in a way that's not grotesque , but "gets us" because he writes about our deepest fears!

Like that story and your water phobia! ;)

During intercourse, LaVerne's hair falls off through the cracks of the raft and the creature absorbs her.

I've always wondered what it would feel like to have someone spontaneously decompose while I am having sex with them...:eusa_think:

During intercourse, LaVerne's hair falls off through the cracks of the raft and the creature absorbs her.

I've always wondered what it would feel like to have someone spontaneously decompose while I am having sex with them...:eusa_think:

So many comments, but I don't want to have to ban myself...................... :eusa_whistle:

spiders.........snakes.........the worst is caves....was spelunking once and got stuck......freaks me out everytime i think about it......

how did i get unstuck....my partner had weed....got stoned and relaxed and he pulled me out.....

spiders.........snakes.........the worst is caves....was spelunking once and got stuck......freaks me out everytime i think about it......

how did i get unstuck....my partner had weed....got stoned and relaxed and he pulled me out.....

closed spaces are freaky. I could never spelunk.

I'd be interested in trying an MRI. I have a lot of patients that get freaked, but unlike getting yourself wedged in between two rocks, you are in a controlled and monitored situation.

I'd be interested in trying an MRI. I have a lot of patients that get freaked, but unlike getting yourself wedged in between two rocks, you are in a controlled and monitored situation.

i had a full body mri a few years ago......i fell asleep......

i had a full body mri a few years ago......i fell asleep......

Sounds like a good time. Do you have to drink that weird ink shit?