what are your local diners, drive in and dives?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
love that show with guy..the spikey haired blonde dude....

so tell me what are you favorite local spots and why?

mine: ridgewood bbq, elizabethton tn...out in the middle of nowhere...grace profit and her family have a great bbq place...i believe mrs profit has passed now..but her son is running the place...pork is smoke on property..old smokehouse...with wood...old block building that has outdoor bathrooms until about 5 years ago...the perfect meal there...bbq beans...two people can eat the bbq pork sammie ..sliced or diced...and split an order of fries...homemade ...you can watch the ladies cooking your food on the grill...you can also tell first timers cause they order two sammies..not realizing how big one is gonna be...

Ridgewood Barbecue - Bluff City, TN

Chases in Belfast Maine.

They own a farm and nearly all the food served was grown on that farm.

They bake breads as good as any bread I've ever eaten, anywhere. Far better than most anywhere to be honest.

The only problem is that it's a vegetarian restaurant so for me, a carnivor, the menu is a tad thin.

But their french bread is as good as any I had in Paris.

Live in a Marine Town, all we have is service related industry. You name it for a chain and it is here more than likely. ANd lots of local eateries as well.

Don't do clubs or bars so no idea on that level. Not that far from Raleigh and even closer to Wilmington. On the coast so if you like sea food LOTS of local eateries for that as well.

Probably my favorite when I can afford it is Texas Roadhouse, generally have the Salmon but the steaks are great too. Son loves it cause he loves steak.

Forum List

Back