What Are Your Internet Manners?

IMO, the most important internet etiquette is to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It's especially critical to use the apostrophe properly.
I come from a family of printers. My great grandfather started a print shop here in 1921 and my brother is the fourth generation to own and operate it. My father used to toss the daily newspaper to my brother and i as we played on the living room floor at his feet. "There's a typo in column two, page five boys! Find it!"

Words, spelling, grammar and correct punctuation are part of my genetic code. I respect language, especially the written word, and I wish others would show some respect to our most effective mode of communication.

You didn't capitalize "I.":razz:

Also, I believe the personal objective pronoun should be "me."

"My father used to toss the daily newspaper to my brother and me.

Last edited:
I've been trying to cut back on the typos and convoluted sentences. With mixed success. :redface:

But hey, nobody's perfect!

Speaking of nobody's perfect, that's the one breach of internet manners that annoys me. People who simply cannot admit they're wrong. Ever. I can take all the insults anyone can throw at me, but if you're wrong just say so already! Ten pages of twisting and backpedaling just isn't cool.

Correction: Nobodies Perfeck!

Correckshun noted.

Dang, be careful what you wish for. :lol:

IMO, the most important internet etiquette is to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It's especially critical to use the apostrophe properly.
I come from a family of printers. My great grandfather started a print shop here in 1921 and my brother is the fourth generation to own and operate it. My father used to toss the daily newspaper to my brother and i as we played on the living room floor at his feet. "There's a typo in column two, page five boys! Find it!"

Words, spelling, grammar and correct punctuation are part of my genetic code. I respect language, especially the written word, and I wish others would show some respect to our most effective mode of communication.

You misplaced the period in your comment. It should be placed after the close-quote when the quotes surround a word or phrase within the sentence.

Last edited:
I've been trying to cut back on the typos and convoluted sentences. With mixed success. :redface:

But hey, nobody's perfect!

Speaking of nobody's perfect, that's the one breach of internet manners that annoys me. People who simply cannot admit they're wrong. Ever. I can take all the insults anyone can throw at me, but if you're wrong just say so already! Ten pages of twisting and backpedaling just isn't cool.

Correction: Nobodies Perfeck!

:eusa_hand:

My mom says I'm perfect.
:confused:

You misplaced the period in your comment. It would come after the close-paren when the parentheses surround a word or phrase within the sentence.

I didn't even have parentheses within my sentence, WENCH!

Doesn't your mom collect "whale art" or something equally atrocious?

Last edited:

Also, I believe the personal objective pronoun should be "me."

"My father used to toss the daily newspaper to my brother and me.
points noted. Pop would be proud.

I believe the golden rule applies to the internet as surely as it does to real life.

Kevin, that is true when dealing with real people.

Sock puppets and anonymous twits are not real people.

different rules = different rules.

They're easy to ignore.

I ignore things at will. I try to be civil with you because you have not been a troll like Madeline or others of her ilk. I post to the post and not the personality. I end up posting to the person only after a long history of a civil back and forth -- or an uncivil back and forth.

The Southern Insurrectionists were traitors who declared war on the government and people of the United States. :redface:

Doesn't your mom collect "whale art" or something equally atrocious?

Mod.....MOD!!!

Boe's being mean

Where the fuck is Moderation when I need it!!!

WAHHHHHHH!!!:confused:

Tissue?

Kleenex.jpg

Forum List

Back