What are your favorite comedy movies?

I thought the Iowa Carcass was hilarious.
You must have missed the rump's SOTU speech, complete with him bestowing the Medal of Freedom on rush limpdick.
You really ARE a miserable, hateful liberal lunatic with SEVERE TDS. Very sad. PLEASE get help for this. Thank you.

Why bestow the Medal of Freedom on somebody who made big bucks by simply thinking up insults to his fellow Americans? What good has any of this done for the people of the USA?

I thought the Iowa Carcass was hilarious.
You must have missed the rump's SOTU speech, complete with him bestowing the Medal of Freedom on rush limpdick.
You really ARE a miserable, hateful liberal lunatic with SEVERE TDS. Very sad. PLEASE get help for this. Thank you.

Why bestow the Medal of Freedom on somebody who made big bucks by simply thinking up insults to his fellow Americans? What good has any of this done for the people of the USA?
It always lowers taxes and makes illegals go home.

"Being There", Peter Sellers last movie and one his best. He was hailed as a genius for his simplistic approach to life, an aging gardener with a childlike naïveté rises, by accident, into the game of politics. The man is soon presented as a possible Presidential candidate although no one knows his true background. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 94%/92% rating.

"Being There", Peter Sellers last movie and one his best. He was hailed as a genius for his simplistic approach to life, an aging gardener with a childlike naïveté rises, by accident, into the game of politics. The man is soon presented as a possible Presidential candidate although no one knows his true background. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 94%/92% rating.

I forgot about this movie. Thanks for bringing it up. Sellers should've won an Oscar for his performance. And Shirley McClain was quite good as well.

I forgot about this movie. Thanks for bringing it up. Sellers should've won an Oscar for his performance. And Shirley McClain was quite good as well.

I think it was probably his best performance. A lot of people did not like the movie because the comedy was subtle and lacks the slap stick of the Pink Panther series. It is more like some of his earlier movies.

I've looked at FUNNY from both sides now, from up and down, but still somehow it's funny illusions I recall.

Ahem.

Funniest movies: Monty Python & the Holy Grail. Groundhog Day. Peter Sellers/Pink Panther Airplane. WCFields & a few other oldies.

But I feel compelled to comment on some of the others. Mel Brooks was NOT FUNNY. His "humor" was little more than a succession of fart and bathroom "jokes," predictable and un-funny sexual double-entendres, and a few pathetic sight gags. Jerry Lewis was not funny. Silly, that's it. Robin Williams was occasionally funny, but usually only when scripted by someone else. Williams was a poor-cousin copy of Jonathan Winters, who was also just silly - but much better at it than Williams Williams was not a bad actor, though. Three stooges were totally lacking in real humor...brought out the 12-year-old in all of us. Same for Martin-Lewis, Abbott-Costello, Laurel-Hardy. Not the least bit funny. 'Who's on First' was the least funny "bit" in the history of humor.

The problem with transferring real humor to a feature-length film is that most of the audience is comprised of idiots.
In that vein, Peter Sellers was not funny
Funny accents and pratfalls

What is Funny? One person watches the antics of a drunk trying to walk a tightrope and finds it hilarious and a guy next to him thinks it's silly. A subtle English comedy is a total loser to one person and a clever movie to another. I thought Blazing Saddles was a funny movie although a bit gross. My date thought is was discussing. So what is funny? It something that makes you laugh which can be almost anything.

mine are
Airplane
Pink Panther movies
Jerry Lewis movies
Animal House
Eddie Murphy movies
Scary Movie series
One of my favorites is a musical, "My Fair Lady", 8 Oscars, funny, with great music, guaranteed to leave you with a smile on your face
One of my favorites is "Victor/Victoria", a musical of sorts. Julie Andrews, Robert Preston and Alex Karras all gave wonderful performances in this film. And some of the scenes are laugh out loud funny. A clever and humorous film.

Forum List

Back