What are your favorite Christmas songs?

Adam's Apple said:
I like them all--great songs--every one, even the kids' songs such as "Up on the Rooftop". I love to go to kids' Christmas programs at schools just for the music. I especially like Bing Crosby's renditions of the "Little Drummer Boy" and "Do You Hear What I Hear?", Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song", and Karen Carpenter's "I'll Be Home for Christmas."

I forgot about "I'll Be Home for Christmas". That's always good for a tug on the heart strings.

dilloduck said:
"Oh, Holy Night" seems to impart the deepest spiritual feelings of Christmas for me.

Agree with you Dillo - brings back some memories for me!

I also have to agree with Silent Night - My Nephew passed away at 4 days old, I remember driving with me Brother and Stevie Nicks came on singing Silent Night, it was the first time I actually saw my Brother in tears - since then, I can only think of the both of them. RIP, Jeffrey Jr.!!!!!

According to an item in our daily newspaper today, here are the top 10 most-played Christmas songs on the radio stations so far this season:

1. Holly Jolly Christmas, Burl Ives
2. Christmas Song, Nat King Cole
3. Rockin' Round the Christmas Tree, Brenda Lee
4. Merry Christmas, Darling - The Carpenters
5. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Andy Williams
6. White Christmas, Bing Crosby
7. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Gene Autry
8. Jingle Bell Rock, Bobby Helms
9. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Johnny Mathis
10. Feliz Navidad, Jose Feliciano

I'm assuming that means they are favorites of the listeners, or maybe the DJ's.

I love "O Holy Night" too, especially the line "Fall on your knees..." and "Carol of the Bells."
Been meaning to get a CD of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Can anyone recommend a specific one?

Bing Crosby- White Christmas
Johnny Mathis- (anything holiday related)
Otis Redding- (anything holiday related)
Mariah Carey- All I Want For Christmas Is You

and the greatest of all....

Bandaid- Do They Know Its Christmas?
(yea its cheesy, yea its 20 years old, but no Christmas song better captures the spirit of Christmas, taking time to think about others before yourself, and those artists who sang on it were doing just that, as well as all the people who bought the single so long ago)

Forum List

Back