what are your demons and have you or are you dealing with them?

I think this is a great question. My demons are internalized and I'm dealing with them by befriending them, finding out what they need and giving it to them.

I don't really know for sure what happened. Until I was about 32, I used to be an adrenaline junky. I would don the mask, the tights and the cape, and go around catching purse snatchers, vandals, helping old folks, just generally marauding at midnight, then I would jump off very tall things with a chute.

I was also during that time, the guy who would fight at the drop of a hat. And not just scuffle, actually try to kill.

Then one day it was gone. The "demon" apparently just got bored and left is all I can think of.

I think this is a great question. My demons are internalized and I'm dealing with them by befriending them, finding out what they need and giving it to them.

the blood of virgins ?

No. My demons don't require the blood of virgins, only me. They want my attention they want me to care for them.

I could refer you to a great book I'm reading by Tsultrim Allione called FEEDING YOUR DEMONS, Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict

the blood of virgins ?

No. My demons don't require the blood of virgins, only me. They want my attention they want me to care for them.

I could refer you to a great book I'm reading by Tsultrim Allione called FEEDING YOUR DEMONS, Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict

I wrote a song about my demons in my band days..it went a little something like this...

as I descend through this horror ..I remain unhorrified
as I am seeking out the glory..I remain unglorified
and these demons in my mind..celebrate in drunken gangs
in a festival of vice..in this filthy paradise

into your earthly garden ,,that's the place I want to go
wont you take me to that place..your fruits of knowledge grow

symphony of damnation ..the wickedness within
wont you lead me to temptation..lead me into sin
take me to the shadows...the depth of your embrace
and I ravage you and hold you in bonds of silk and lace...

Last edited:
the blood of virgins ?

I wrote a song about my demons in my band days..it went a little something like this...

as I descend through this horror ..I remain unhorrified
as I am seeking out the glory..I remain unglorified
and these demons in my mind..celebrate in drunken gangs
in a festival of vice..in this filthy paradise

into your earthly garden ,,that's the place I want to go
wont you take me to that place..your fruits of knowledge grow

symphony of damnation ..the wickedness within
wont you lead me to temptation..lead me into sin
take me to the shadows...the depth of your embrace
and I ravage you and hold you in bonds of silk and lace...

Great song. I love poetry.

eating too much is not a disease either is drinking too much it is a choice and its good you are choosing to make better choices..good luck

no more a choice than being gay.....

bullshit !...there is no comparison..you could use that disease logic for ever bad choice under the sun..all it does is take peoples power from them...driving when you can walk..eating cheese burgers and processed foods instead of whole foods are choices not diseases

I don't really know for sure what happened. Until I was about 32, I used to be an adrenaline junky. I would don the mask, the tights and the cape, and go around catching purse snatchers, vandals, helping old folks, just generally marauding at midnight, then I would jump off very tall things with a chute.

I was also during that time, the guy who would fight at the drop of a hat. And not just scuffle, actually try to kill.

Then one day it was gone. The "demon" apparently just got bored and left is all I can think of.
I think emotional maturity just set in. However, adrenaline is great, just not to the point that you can get into big trouble (the fighting stuff in particular).

I've thoroughly embraced my inner demons, welcoming them into my psyche. It's done wonders for my psychological well-being.

Of course, this means I've abandoned the belief that I'm a good person. No, no I'm not.

Last edited:
I've thoroughly embraced my inner demons, welcoming them into my psyche. It's done wonders for my psychological well-being. ....
It's just that simple. Really.

.... Of course, this means I've abandoned the belief that I'm a good person. No, no I'm not.
Yes you are, you're just not perfect. You're good enough; you're smart enough; and, doggonit, people like you!

I think emotional maturity just set in. However, adrenaline is great, just not to the point that you can get into big trouble (the fighting stuff in particular).
I don't think it was anything like immaturity. For example, none of my friends, female partners, or family ever noticed any change in me. Of course, most of them didn't know about the Midnight Marauder to start with. Without the mask, I was always responsible, well educated, professional on the job, steady and reliable.

At night -- and not every night mind you -- the Marauder would ride....

On the fighting, much of it had to do with the bar I hung out in. I was captain of the pool team there, my mom and step-mom had worked there off and on for many years -- in fact, my diapers were changed on that bar when I was a infant -- and generally I was quite affable until somebody's mouth got a little off key. Or if I didn't like the way someone looked, and so on. It didn't take much.

There were only 10-12 fights in a 12 year period while all this was going on, again it wasn't a every night deal. This was also during the time I was moonlighting as a bounty hunter for one of the local bail bondsmen.

So, I don't know. One day it was just gone. I hung up the tights for good. Still have 'em though....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back