What are your animal Totems?

C

chloe

So I had my cards read, and the used medicine cards and said one of my main totems was the "weasel" YUCK! I wanted a raging tiger or a roaring lion, wtf a weasel? SO Ive been reading about it and I dont think the reader was right, Im not freakin Paulie Shore ! Whats your animal totems?
:cool:

Types of Animal Totems

When discovering totems you must first understand if the totem is a Life Totem, A Journey Totem, Shadow Totem, or a Message Totem. All totems are powerful but the meaning that the totem brings will vary on your action depending on what type of totem has come to you.

http://www.geocities.com/vampyressgrimoire/ToTeMs.htm

Animal Totem Meanings and Images - Choose From Five Categories

Discover your Animal Totems

Last edited by a moderator:
I once had a GF who was some kind of Massachusetts AmerIndian.

She claimed my totem was the bear.

That's absurd, I told her, but she kept insisting that it was true and it really vexed me.

So I struck her up the side of her head with my massive paw, dragged her back to my cave, covered her broken carcass with honey and ate her.

I slept the rest of winter away peacefully.

Foolish woman...I mean come on...a bear?

Whatever was she thinking?

he he bears are kinda cool....weasels tho....UGH!

The Native American animal symbolism of the bat comes from a keen observation of this magnificent animal. These people recognized that the bat was highly sensitive to their surroundings and so therefore was considered a symbol of intuition, dreaming and vision. This made the bat a powerful symbol for Native American shamans and medicine people. Often the spirit of the bat would be invoked when special energy was needed, like "night-sight" which is the ability to see through illusion or ambiguity and dive straight to the truth of matters.

It is a symbol of communication because the Native Americans observed the bat to be a highly social creature. Indeed, the bat has strong family ties. They are very nurturing, exhibiting verbal communication, touching, and sensitivity to members of their group.

If you have the bat as your totem you are extremely aware of your surroundings. Sometimes you can be overly sensitive to the feelings of others. Additionally, you are quite perceptive on a psychic level, and are prone to have prophetic dreams.

If you work with the bat as your totem, you will be put to the test, because it is demands only 100% commitment to spiritual growth. The bat will never accept half-hearted or lukewarm attempts at self-improvement. Indeed, if the bat senses that you are slacking in your psychic/spiritual training it will likely move on to someone else who is more willing to learn the lessons the bat has to offer.

As with most of our hardest challenges, working with the demanding bat will reap some of the most profound rewards you could ever dream of. But be warned, the bat asks a lot of us

The Native American animal symbolism of the bat comes from a keen observation of this magnificent animal. These people recognized that the bat was highly sensitive to their surroundings and so therefore was considered a symbol of intuition, dreaming and vision. This made the bat a powerful symbol for Native American shamans and medicine people. Often the spirit of the bat would be invoked when special energy was needed, like "night-sight" which is the ability to see through illusion or ambiguity and dive straight to the truth of matters.

It is a symbol of communication because the Native Americans observed the bat to be a highly social creature. Indeed, the bat has strong family ties. They are very nurturing, exhibiting verbal communication, touching, and sensitivity to members of their group.

If you have the bat as your totem you are extremely aware of your surroundings. Sometimes you can be overly sensitive to the feelings of others. Additionally, you are quite perceptive on a psychic level, and are prone to have prophetic dreams.

If you work with the bat as your totem, you will be put to the test, because it is demands only 100% commitment to spiritual growth. The bat will never accept half-hearted or lukewarm attempts at self-improvement. Indeed, if the bat senses that you are slacking in your psychic/spiritual training it will likely move on to someone else who is more willing to learn the lessons the bat has to offer.

As with most of our hardest challenges, working with the demanding bat will reap some of the most profound rewards you could ever dream of. But be warned, the bat asks a lot of us
Well, I'm not "highly social", but I do have 'prophetic dreams" at times.

your social online batboy:razz:

here is mine from those medicine cards the reader used, it doesnt seem very accurate at all, plus I read about how to find your animal I think mine is the Rabbit because I had a toy rabbit instead of a tedy bear as a kid and I like bunnies.:cool:

Weasel- Stealth #33

Weasel is an incredible amount of energy, yet a difficult power totem to have. Weasel ears hear whatever is said. Weasel eyes see below the surface of a situation to know the many ramification of an event; this too is a rare gift. Never fail to give accurate account. Weasel fur changes color with the season. If weasel is your personal spread your power of observation is very keen. You may even look guilty sometimes of what you know a powerful ally to have in any business organization. People try to size you up but they soon find that your intelligence is greater than theirs. Look to weasel to tell you the hidden power behind anything.

Weasels have a negative reputation as being sneaky cowards for those who don’t know the true nature of the animal. In reality, they are bold, aggressive, tenacious, clever and confident. They prey upon mammals and birds larger than themselves and have been known to kill hawks when these raptors try to capture and kill them.

Intriguing symbolism and lore surrounds these, sometimes misunderstood, animals.

Weasel: The Animal
Weasels are the smallest members of the carnivorous mustelidae family which includes stoats, fishers, minks, martens, wolverines, otters, badgers and polecats, which aren’t skunks, a common misconception, but an animal of its own. Mustelids are native to all continents except Australia and Antarctica, oceanic islands and Madagascar.

They are cunning and tireless hunters, bounding and zigzagging, while pursuing their prey. Weasels can burrow into tunnels, swim and climb trees. Their preferred meal is mice. When mice aren’t abundant, weasels will also hunt rabbits, rats, chickens, moles, chipmunks, frogs, snakes, shrews, insects, pikas, birds and their eggs, gophers, voles, fish, and hares. They kill as many of their prey as and when they can, then store it in a side compartment of their dens. Because weasels have a high metabolism rate and are skinny and long, they have to eat large amounts of food, 40 percent or more of their weight, to keep them warm. Weasels’ weight, depending on the type, ranges from 2.1 to 14 ounces!

Weasels have glands that produce a strong smell and some people claim that their musk is stronger than the skunk's.

Weasel Symbolism
The silent and graceful weasel imparts the ability go unseen and unheard into places to be able to observe what is happening, then discern what’s important. Native Americans believed their scouts had Weasel Medicine and sought blessings from her when they went into battle.

Weasel symbolizes quick movement, justice achieved, retribution, stealth, warrior energy, fierceness, curiosity, discernment, tenacity and cunning. She helps people to gain deeper intuition and is a guide to the Underworld. One of her lessons is that small size isn’t a barrier to achievement. She gives people the ability to use one’s intuition to see the intent behind words and acts and not to underestimate others.

Weasel: Pagan Symbolism: Furred Kin: Symbol of Stealth, Fierceness, Tenacity

Here is my Animal Totem:

$kikilou.jpg

Forum List

Back