What are you?

I'll go first. I'm a middle class white (100% greek) liberal straight male atheist in my forties.

I'd like to know who I'm talking to

Human male, alive, happy. Everything else is crap. :)
I think we all know who you are at this point. lol

Not really no. We only know what others want us to think. We wear our masks even online.

Peoples opinion of me is none of my business, nor do I really care.

Shadow 355

I'll go first. I'm a middle class white (100% greek) liberal straight male atheist in my forties.

Not really no. We only know what others want us to think. We wear our masks even online.
eventually we all reveal our selves one way or the other. it's like we're hearing our inner thoughts.

Peoples opinion of me is none of my business, nor do I really care.

Shadow 355
I learned that in college. or high school I forget its been so long. there is who you really are and there's how people perceive you and there's how you perceive yourself. All three different

I'm an AMERICAN...... A white, male, Conservative who is willing to do whatever is necessary to fix this country and return it to propriety.

Me? I'm a white male in my 50's who is retired from the U.S. Navy. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado and Montana, know how to hunt, fish and survive in the wild.

As far as beliefs, I believe in something much larger, call it God, Higher Power or whatever you will, but I don't believe much of the dogma of standard religions.

I like to ride bicycles, travel and keep an open mind. I will talk to anyone at anytime about anything, as long as it can be kept civil.
do you work or are you actually retired? what did you do for the Navy? how old were you when you Retired? my brother just bought property of North Michigan very wild I envy you for having survival skills. I'm looking to learn them in the years to come
this gal will teach you bobo.....look her up...

Blonde Females have trouble keeping privileged info to themselves, they cannot keep a secret, and make for a nice Public Address system.

But as a co-worker of mine ( Now a supervisor ) said one time......setting in the chair in the northeast section of Gate One = "Boy she looks good".

Shadow 355

Me? I'm a white male in my 50's who is retired from the U.S. Navy. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado and Montana, know how to hunt, fish and survive in the wild.

As far as beliefs, I believe in something much larger, call it God, Higher Power or whatever you will, but I don't believe much of the dogma of standard religions.

I like to ride bicycles, travel and keep an open mind. I will talk to anyone at anytime about anything, as long as it can be kept civil.
do you work or are you actually retired? what did you do for the Navy? how old were you when you Retired? my brother just bought property of North Michigan very wild I envy you for having survival skills. I'm looking to learn them in the years to come
this gal will teach you bobo.....look her up...

Blonde Females have trouble keeping privileged info to themselves, they cannot keep a secret, and make for a nice Public Address system.

But as a co-worker of mine ( Now a supervisor ) said one time......setting in the chair in the northeast section of Gate One = "Boy she looks good".

Shadow 355

I'm an AMERICAN...... A white, male, Conservative who is willing to do whatever is necessary to fix this country and return it to propriety.
Even become a liberal progressive Democrat? Because thats what its going to take. Too many of you poor and middle class right wingers siding with the Rich when you should know your own place in life

Even become a liberal progressive Democrat? Because thats what its going to take. Too many of you poor and middle class right wingers siding with the Rich when you should know your own place in life

I'd eat a bullet first. Progressive ideals are not going to return this nation to its Conservative roots.

"Don't vote according to your conscience or what you judge to be in your personal interest. You will vote the way you're told to vote like the little prole you are. We know what's best for you. We know how you should and will think, feel, learn, eat, work, play, and live. In fact, don't think at all. That's for your betters. Feel how you're told to feel about what we tell you. Say what you're told to say and promptly do what you're told to do. That will be your life, little prole. We know all of the choices you will make because the relevant Party committee has already determined and approved it for you."

Last edited:
One of the first survival skills to learn is not to locate (or stay if shtf) in inhospitable areas. Any place that gets deep snow and ice for many months of the year is not a good choice. :) Ditto deserts or swamps. The only reason to need traditional survival skills is shtf and if shtf, you're going to need warrior skills first, (and a lot worse). Worry about the "long term" stuff only after you've done all you can about the short term dangers (and almost nobody has).

If shtf, forget about chain saws, or unsilenced guns, or open fires. They will draw in your killers. After the first couple of weeks, forget about trapping or hunting. Traditional fishing, holding onto the line, is a silly waste of your time. Get trotlines, fish traps, nets. Most sensible thing, really is to bury empty drums, in which you can put the jerked flesh of the cow that you silently kill the first night of shtf, and the 80 lb sacks of grain that you know where to get. :) Get below ground if shtf, and stay there duriing daylight hours. Don't be someplace where you leave tracks in the snow and need to cut and move firewood to stay warm. Ditto don't be where the bugs/heat are a constant threat of disease, where you have no water or sheltering woods.

If shtf, forget about chain saws, or unsilenced guns, or open fires. They will draw in your killers. After the first couple of weeks, forget about trapping or hunting. Traditional fishing, holding onto the line, is a silly waste of your time. Get trotlines, fish traps, nets. Most sensible thing, really is to bury empty drums, in which you can put the jerked flesh of the cow that you silently kill the first night of shtf, and the 80 lb sacks of grain that you know where to get. :) Get below ground if shtf, and stay there duriing daylight hours. Don't be someplace where you leave tracks in the snow and need to cut and move firewood to stay warm. Ditto don't be where the bugs/heat are a constant threat of disease, where you have no water or sheltering woods.
tumblr_lg5hylhdW31qe811q.jpg

I am 50ish. Not exactly white. AmerInd, half Italian, (Columbus Days are a bitch!) Irish.

NAUI professional SCUBA to put myself thru college.

Used to be elementary teacher, University Prof, Head Start supervisor, Education Director at the zoo.

Hurricane Andrew took everything, had to start over.

Physical disability took everything else; got remarried.

Have 3 grown sons.

Lifelong liberal, unionista.

Hubs extremely permissive so I get my way 100% of the time.

We are Unitarian Universalist on the far non-Christian end of it.

I am ever so sweet until you piss me off. I always get homicidal, never suicidal.

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back