CDZ What are you worth?

Couple things I would say to a middle class kid today.

a. Try to get scholarships/grants instead of loans
b. Get your associates degree at a community college cheap
c. Maybe it takes you 6-8 years instead of 4. Relax you're young. Better to take 4 years more to finish college than it is to finish in 4 years and owe $200K. How many years will it take to pay that back? So chillax on trying to finish in 4 years. Hell you might find a good job while you are going to college and they'll help pay for it.

When I started college in 1974, the $650 tuition was heavily subsidized by the state.
By the time I graduated in 1978, the state was pulling funding and putting more responsibility onto the students. It had risen to $1050 a year.

You're just substituting dollar value in a different form, time. But it still comes back to a dollar value.

Ok we all make 100 dollars for 1 hour a day. Person 1 works 1 hour for 100 dollars, person 2 makes 100 dollars for 20 minutes. Ok well person 2 is making more money per hour than person 1. It's the same thing as 1 making 12 dollars and hour to someone making 65 dollars an hour.

Less time for the same money is still valued in money. Someone is salary and they work over time they are essentially making less money per hour. Time and money are interchangeable in the aspect of a job.

This hypothetical serves no actual information or introduces any new information we don't already utilize.

Forum List

Back