What Are you Watching Now?

Yikes! That movie boosted Tom Hanks in my book and he became one of my favorite actors!

He is one of my favorite actors, don't get me wrong. However, having read the book, I would have preferred a lesser known actor in the role of Tom Langdon, allowing the story to be the star. Then again, the adaptation from the book left me wanting, as is so often the case, so in that respect I suppose the needed the name recognition to bring them in at the box office.

So, a better screenplay and a lesser known but equally strong actor would have been my wish list.

He is one of my favorite actors, don't get me wrong. However, having read the book, I would have preferred a lesser known actor in the role of Tom Langdon, allowing the story to be the star. Then again, the adaptation from the book left me wanting, as is so often the case, so in that respect I suppose the needed the name recognition to bring them in at the box office.

So, a better screenplay and a lesser known but equally strong actor would have been my wish list.

I also liked Jean Reno playing the cop and the frence girl in the lead wow she's one of my future ex wives! :rofl:

Reno was perfect. I thought the girl was okay.

Reno always has the reputation to play a shady character and for him to do the right thing at the end is unusual for a character he plays. The girl was gorgeous how can you say she was alright.

On a side note my dad went to high school with Tom Hanks. They didn't know eachother but he's in his yearbook which is really cool. He went to Skyline HS in Oakland.

Reno always has the reputation to play a shady character and for him to do the right thing at the end is unusual for a character he plays. The girl was gorgeous how can you say she was alright.

On a side note my dad went to high school with Tom Hanks. They didn't know eachother but he's in his yearbook which is really cool. He went to Skyline HS in Oakland.

Different tastes I suppose. I prefer redheads.

I used to work with kids from Skyline HS in Oakland. Academically at least, it was the best public school in Oakland. Nice kids.

I used to work with kids from Skyline HS in Oakland. Academically at least, it was the best public school in Oakland. Nice kids.

How long ago? I haven't been down to Oakland in years. I think the last time I was there was around 2000. I actually grew up in the Bay Area.

How long ago? I haven't been down to Oakland in years. I think the last time I was there was around 2000. I actually grew up in the Bay Area.

Last year. Oakland could be doing better, and the district is in receivership (at least I think it still is), but it still has its high points.

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire ~ They left so much out of this damn movie, it pissed me off. I wonder how long until The Order Of The Phoenix come's out on DVD. Has anyone herd any rumors? This one is by far the best one of the series. The ont girl at the beginning who's faces transform's at the dinner table is pretty hott in a goth sort of way.

Last year. Oakland could be doing better, and the district is in receivership (at least I think it still is), but it still has its high points.

You live in Oakland? I was born there and raised in Alamo and moved up to North Lake Tahoe when I was 12, then to Carson City when I was 16.

Forum List

Back