What Are You Reading?

Agnapostate

Rookie
Sep 19, 2008
The Quake State
I haven't spotted a general reading thread. I'm reading Political Economy and Contemporary Capitalism: Radical Perspectives on Economic Theory and Policy, Panic Rules by Robin Hahnel, and The President of Good & Evil: The Ethics of George W. Bush by Peter Singer.

I'm reading Babette Rothchild, THE BODY REMEMBERS, and a detective novel by Elizabeth George.

Last edited:
V.S. Pritchett's At Home and Abroad for the first time and rereading Goodbye to Berlin by Christopher Isherwood and Il barone sugli alberi by Italo Calvino.

I recommend all three!

Last edited:
Are any of these books in this thread worth reading? Why are you reading them? What are they about?

Yeah, I'd recommend Panic Rules (which is about trade liberalization and globalization) and anything else by Robin Hahnel. Though the first thing you might want to read in relation to that is Parecon by Michael Albert. Hahnel and Albert refined a theory of economic democracy that they call "participatory economics" or "parecon."

Are any of these books in this thread worth reading? Why are you reading them? What are they about?

The Body Remembers by Babette Rothschild is about PTSD. I'm reading it for personal and professional reasons.

There's apparently more than one of these threads on what are you reading. I wish someone would merge them all. I read voraciously.

Last edited:
Meatball Sundae is about making sure your marketing matches your product, especially in the area of social networks/new media. if you're involved in marketing it's a good read. I have some interest in going that direction with my college because I think politics have become more like marketing campaigns than ever.

Meatball Sundae is about making sure your marketing matches your product, especially in the area of social networks/new media. if you're involved in marketing it's a good read. I have some interest in going that direction with my college because I think politics have become more like marketing campaigns than ever.

for longer than you have been alive Amanda

The Selling of the President « World in Motion

for longer than you have been alive Amanda

The Selling of the President « World in Motion

That's awesome, Ducky, thanks!

You guys saw how Sarah Palin looking good was a huge plus. You've seen me. I'm going to kill 'em, I'm telling you. You're going to see me in 10 or 20 years and I'm going to be a senator or CEO. I "get" where things are going and I'm in it to win it. You'll all see and you'll say Damn, I knew her when she was just a feisty little girl.

I'm sorry, but Seth Godin seriously looks creepy as hell. :eek:

Just finished rereading Animal Farm and Lord of the Flies. About to pick up a copy of Atlas Shrugged and see if I can make my way through a 1000+ page book in decent time.

I haven't spotted a general reading thread. I'm reading Political Economy and Contemporary Capitalism: Radical Perspectives on Economic Theory and Policy, Panic Rules by Robin Hahnel, and The President of Good & Evil: The Ethics of George W. Bush by Peter Singer.

I am reading 'How to spot a liar'.Hello liar.

Forum List

Back