What Are You Reading?

Ceremony in Death

JD Robb

1607469078853.jpeg

Bobby Kennedy by Larry Tye
Vietnam in Photos
Decision Points by George W Bush
They Called Him Stone Wall- Biography of Thomas Jackson.
Robert E Lee Biography
Fav of all time- Leather Stocking Tales,

Just started Michael Connelly's new book, The Law of Innocence- a Lincoln Lawyer novel- really good so far - about half way through it because yesterday was beautiful outside and I was on my patio reading it for most of the day-

Just started Michael Connelly's new book, The Law of Innocence- a Lincoln Lawyer novel- really good so far - about half way through it because yesterday was beautiful outside and I was on my patio reading it for most of the day-
This is an excellent story! I'm almost through with it and, so far, it's, for me, the best Michael Connelly book I've read- and I've read a bunch of em.

Put down the last five books you've read and your favourite book of all time.

Last Five
Detroit: An Autopsy by Charlie Leduff
With the Old Breed by EB Sledge
A Helmet For My Pillow by Robert Leckie
Soccernomics by Simon Kuper and Stefan Szymanski
Evil Men by John Dawes

Favourite book of all time:
Game of Thrones (all of them so far)

1) Blood Telegram by Gary J Bass. Not the regular fiction or a very common genre of reading. It is a political uncovering and writing of Nixon's and Kissinger's involvement and support to Pakistan during the years of Bangladesh's liberation struggle. Well dug and written if one's interested.
2) Father Comes Home from the Wars by Suzan-Lori Parks. Heart touching and a beautiful read. It is a story about the dilemma between love and loyalty, freedom and enslavement. It talks in length about Black confederates and PSTD.
3) The Prophet by Khalil Ghibran. Well, I don't know if the content would appeal to some, one could feel it as a subtle form of popular indoctrination. But Ghibran's writing is extremely poetic. One for the heart.
4) Seagull by Anton Chekhov. A great play according to me with such refined characters and depth. Carries the sorrow of the cold Siberian winds.
5) Our Moon has Blood Clots by Rahul Pandita. This is a story of a sect/group called the Kashmiri Pandits in India who had to desert their homeland to escape execution. A very well written personal account carrying the baggage of a double migration.

A favorite book is difficult to choose. I'll probably go with - 1984 by George Orwell.

Forum List

Back