What are you prepared to do?

Your fear is ginned up by the NRA and its potent media arm. Every election cycle they sing the same song into the same fearful ears. Any effort to curb gun violence is both ineffective and an affront to your supposed right to bear any and all arms you please. And the Democrats are always cast in the role of jackbooted confiscators. And yet every election cycle Democrats win seats and no guns are taken away.

Gun lovers say arguments for gun control are not based in fact being t on emotion. The gun lovers mock and say doing anything, especially for the children rings hollow.

But they also rely on the emotion of fear to press their point that guns are endangered.

I am not connected to the NRA in any way, shape, fashion or form. I don't even read their literature.

What I know is what I've experienced personally - and bear in mind that includes having done legal research on the subject along with lobbying legislators. So, you can make allegations until Hell freezes over, but an attack on one Amendment in the Bill of Rights is an attack on all of them.

I don't operate off of emotion, just facts.

The problem for the left is that they cannot articulate a sound and logical reason for gun control and bans. They deny what it is they've supported and, at the end of the day, they don't even tell you WHY they want all this control. Here is a sampling of the outrageous B.S.liberals say with respect to gun control:

[

I live for the day when an anti-gunner can tell me what in name of good common sense they really want relative to this issue. BTW, after extensive searches on YouTube for a coherent and cogent by Democrats on gun control, all I was found was Democrats quoting stupid things right wings PEOPLE say about gun control. My links are the dumb things POLITICIANS - who happen to be Democrats say.
If you can't understand why people want gun control, let me try to fill in some blanks for you.

TO STEM THE TIDE OF NEEDLESS GUN VIOLENCE IN AMERICA.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

That is the POLITICAL PRETEXT. If solutions are presented that are more viable and cheaper - and do not include gun control, the Dems won't even discuss it.

For instance, you cannot tell me how gun registration saves lives. It's a different thread, but that is an example.
Gun registration would be an invaluable tool for law enforcement as well as curb strawman purchases.

We've tried virtual unlimited restrictions on gun ownership. Weak and ineffective background checks. Hell! The NRA even fought for the mentally ill to get guns! And how has that worked out so far?

How, exactly, do you contend that registration saves lives?
By linking a
Your fear is ginned up by the NRA and its potent media arm. Every election cycle they sing the same song into the same fearful ears. Any effort to curb gun violence is both ineffective and an affront to your supposed right to bear any and all arms you please. And the Democrats are always cast in the role of jackbooted confiscators. And yet every election cycle Democrats win seats and no guns are taken away.

Gun lovers say arguments for gun control are not based in fact being t on emotion. The gun lovers mock and say doing anything, especially for the children rings hollow.

But they also rely on the emotion of fear to press their point that guns are endangered.

I am not connected to the NRA in any way, shape, fashion or form. I don't even read their literature.

What I know is what I've experienced personally - and bear in mind that includes having done legal research on the subject along with lobbying legislators. So, you can make allegations until Hell freezes over, but an attack on one Amendment in the Bill of Rights is an attack on all of them.

The problem for the left is that they cannot articulate a sound and logical reason for gun control and bans. They deny what it is they've supported and, at the end of the day, they don't even tell you WHY they want all this control. Here is a sampling of the outrageous B.S.liberals say with respect to gun control:

I live for the day when an anti-gunner can tell me what in name of good common sense they really want relative to this issue. BTW, after extensive searches on YouTube for a coherent and cogent by Democrats on gun control, all I was found was Democrats quoting stupid things right wings PEOPLE say about gun control. My links are the dumb things POLITICIANS - who happen to be Democrats say.

If you can't understand why people want gun control, let me try to fill in some blanks for you.

That is the POLITICAL PRETEXT. If solutions are presented that are more viable and cheaper - and do not include gun control, the Dems won't even discuss it.

For instance, you cannot tell me how gun registration saves lives. It's a different thread, but that is an example.

Gun registration would be an invaluable tool for law enforcement as well as curb strawman purchases.

We've tried virtual unlimited restrictions on gun ownership. Weak and ineffective background checks. Hell! The NRA even fought for the mentally ill to get guns! And how has that worked out so far?

Read post #599.

Your stupidity and illiteracy is boring me. Please re-read my post S L O W L Y, maybe something will get through your thick skull.
Your fear is fantasy.

Is it really?

But you ONLY care about deaths from gun violence. All of the other deaths from violence doesn't matter to you because it's guns that you want gone. And don't try to deny it, if you gave a shit for real about deaths from violence, you'd be trying to find out what the reason is for the violence. the gun is not causing the violence. We will never stem the violence and death until we find out the "why" and quit worrying about the "How".

Is it really?

We have never had unlimited restrictions on gun ownership, all background checks are worthless and they always will be, and the NRA fights for everyone's gun rights, and you left out the very important context of that argument.

How's it worked out? Very well. All violent crime is down.

What do you expect of gun control legislation? Consider that nothing NOTHING has been enacted except the non-renewal of the Asault Weapons Ban of the mid 1990s.

If you are this frightened, what does that do to the gun lover comeback of 'gun control is gunned up by emotion, not common sense'?

Every election cycle, the NRA runs fear filled ads claiming the Democrats are going to take your guns. Yet even when the Democrats held majority in 2008, no anti gun legislation was debated, let alone passed.

Nothing has been enacted? You aren’t paying attention.

Not frightened, standing up for my rights.

For the 1000th time, the left IS coming after our guns. Some of you are even honest enough to say it outright.
Please cite the federal legislation passed banning guns in the last twenty years.

Now you're trying to slide under the wire with that time frame and avoid that "Assault Weapons Ban" signed into law by Clinton.

But wait - it's coming to me... It's about 2010 or thereabouts. Obama bans American made M1 Garands from coming back into the U.S. from South Korea. Those are eight shot rifles sold by the government via the Dept. of Civilian Marksmanship to civilians. Bet you can't find a damn one those used in in a terrorist act or even a crime in the last twenty years (your time frame.)

Back to you
Korean rifle ban. That locks it in! Proof beyond reason that the Democrats will soon be knocking at your front door to take away your guns.

Gee whiz, are you kidding me or what?

You totally avoided the Assault Weapon Ban that Clinton passed. And Hitlery wasn't satisfied until she picked a fight with the NRA - that was not a smart move, was it?

Be that as it may, I responded to your posts with the truth. Does that mean I'm going to let the Republicans off the hook? HELL NO. The most massive gun grab just took place in Massachusetts - and a Republican governor signed it into law.

The big ban today is on bump stocks and they are just a novelty item. Had that Paddock guy been using aimed fire instead of a bump stock, there would have been many more killed in Las Vegas.

"On March 31, 2008, the Politico revealed that “Obama endorsed a complete ban on all handguns” in a general candidate questionnaire he filled out on September 9, 1995"

The NRA vs. Obama | Human Events

What about the ban on semi auto imports?

How about bans on certain shotguns from being imported into the U.S.?

Didn't the BATFE go after certain ammunition within the last couple of years, but the push back was enormous? That is a ban. on guns as well since a weapon without bullets is a wall hanger or a boat anchor.

How about the ban on open bolt firearms?

Yep, anti gunners have tried everything: outlawing guns based on irrelevant features on firearms:

There was the Brady Bill to register firearms and the Lautenberg Amendment to create second class citizens based upon the most spurious of charges. At least ten states have outlawed magazines that hold over ten rounds, telling me people don't "need " them. B.S.:

Video shows woman shooting at invaders during Gwinnett home invasion

That happened my MY NEIGHBORHOOD.

THE GOVERNMENT IS TAKING WEAPONS INCREMENTALLY

Nonsense.

Forum List

Back