What are you listening to?

elbow-bump.gif

Vai, what a master guitarist!

The G-3 shows must be shred fans dream shows, seeing Satch, Vai and Malmsteen
or Petrucci all on the same night.

I haven't been to a concert since Metallica in Ft Worth,1998, but I did get to see Van Halen in 1982....it was the Fair Warning/ Diver Down tour I guess....Alex had the monster striped drum kit and did a long killer solo.
0fe5dfc9a517b0764fe4194083bb0444--alex-van-halen-drum-kits.jpg

Vai, what a master guitarist!

The G-3 shows must be shred fans dream shows, seeing Satch, Vai and Malmsteen
or Petrucci all on the same night.

I haven't been to a concert since Metallica in Ft Worth,1998, but I did get to see Van Halen in 1982....it was the Fair Warning/ Diver Down tour I guess....Alex had the monster striped drum kit and did a long killer solo.
0fe5dfc9a517b0764fe4194083bb0444--alex-van-halen-drum-kits.jpg

I was lucky enough to see FOUR G3 shows when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona. At times Vai was even more impressive than Satriani. But I believe Joe is the better guitarist overall.

I was lucky enough to see FOUR G3 shows when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona. At times Vai was even more impressive than Satriani. But I believe Joe is the better guitarist overall.
He taught Vai at first, but I think he gives him more credit than he may deserve.
I'm surprised Vai doesn't play more 7 and 8 strings with those big hands.

I had a buddy from Ohio who lived out in Tempe Arizona for awhile- late 70's.
He said they used to do peyote buttons and hang out in the canyons and talked about a really cool natural water-slide there. I've never been farther west than Ft Worth Texas. ( except for one trip to Hawaii in 2008)

I'm willing to bet that Joe could play Steve's songs easier than the other way around.
Vai is more improv-style where Joe's more precise. Joe has an overall broader vocabulary or something.

Steve's playing is a little too sporadic and not enough feeling sometimes, if I was to crtiticize him at all. Something I learned from him - play something different every day....learn something new, get a little better ....it's not how long you've been playing , but the quality of what you've been playing, no matter what it is. If you practice something correctly for 15 minutes, it's better than doing it wrong all day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back