What are YOU? I mean really; care to find out?

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Jan 23, 2009
The Hoosier Heartland
Some tell me that I don't know what I am; that I am clueless. The question being where I, or for that matter any of us stand in political philosophy.

My standard for “Conservatism” versus "Liberalism" is to keep what is good and change what needs changing, but cautiously. That has been the tension between conservatism and liberalism since the first political parties were created in the first great republic more than 25-centuries ago. All definitions flow from that ancient beginning.

For a civilization or a society, it makes sense to change things that are not working; that is the truth that all subsequent history has revealed. The pace of change consistent with maintaining a stable democratic republic is the true tension between conservatives and liberals. If great issues are left unattended or they are not dealt with crises emerge with periods of chaos, even civil war. Our own "civil" war testifies to that. Historically, the first crisis between the classes in our aforementioned ancient republic occurred within 16 years of its founding, with a strike of the lower classes, refusing to work or to respond in an imminent "national" emergency.

Change is inevitable; the questions change over time but the tension remains the same.

Most on this forum would classify me as conservative/right, but in the only test that encompasses only the salient issues of the day in two categories, personal & economic, I fall into the middle left and just a little more into the Libertarian classification. I’ve seen other tests with every conceivable question which try to find shades of one’s political leanings, but it’s these issues that define us right now; others are more ephemeral.

There are lots of other “tests,” but they don’t capture the essence of today’s issues like these 10 questions do. I know ... almost everyone's seen this little test before, and will want to sub their own; tests which only serve to confuse the issues which are best clarified.

GO Here -->World's Smallest Political Quiz

For me, some questions get an immediate “agree” if there are exceptions or a strong possibility of misinterpretation due to variations I have to answer “maybe”

Attachments

• $smallest test.JPG
    $smallest test.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 91
  • $questions.bmp
    734.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I am a woman That's what my genitalia tells me However I recently learned it takes an entire team of doctors and scientists to make that determination. So now I'm sooooo confused!

I am a woman That's what my genitalia tells me However I recently learned it takes an entire team of doctors and scientists to make that determination. So now I'm sooooo confused!

GOOD POINT! We can never be quite sure of what we see, or of the opinions we hold....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back