What are you going to do Nov. 9?

Its a test of the emergency broadcast system. Its all here. 2PM 11-9-11 and will last for 3 mins. .

Emergency Alert System Nationwide Test | FCC.gov

At the Federal Communications Commission's June 9, 2011 Agenda meeting, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau Chief Jamie Barnett, joined by representatives from FEMA and the National Weather Service, announced that the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) would take place at 2:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on November 9, 2011.

Its a test of the emergency broadcast system. Its all here. 2PM 11-9-11 and will last for 3 mins. .

Emergency Alert System Nationwide Test | FCC.gov

At the Federal Communications Commission's June 9, 2011 Agenda meeting, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau Chief Jamie Barnett, joined by representatives from FEMA and the National Weather Service, announced that the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) would take place at 2:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on November 9, 2011.

What I heard was they were downloading some type of info in the communication system some type of "black box"

As far as I know it applies to TV and radio. Just saw an ad letting people know it was just a test and not to be alarmed.

Sure, but somehow if I was a mouse I wouldn't feel to secure with the cat guarding the entrance to my hole saying he was there to protect me.:lol:

OK. So let's just shut all of the government down. Don't need no stinkin' military, anyway, right? Don't need no emergency communication system, just more govenment conspiracy to increase our taxes and take your popguns, right?

Lordy, lordy. Dumkopf, we test our emergency alarms at work on a monthly basis. Seems to me that a national test of our emergency system once in a while is reasonable.

Never fear...people will prevail, lol. If there's some sort of "black box" I imagine it will take hackers about 15 minutes to get it figured out and spread the word.

OK. So let's just shut all of the government down. Don't need no stinkin' military, anyway, right? Don't need no emergency communication system, just more govenment conspiracy to increase our taxes and take your popguns, right?

Lordy, lordy. Dumkopf, we test our emergency alarms at work on a monthly basis. Seems to me that a national test of our emergency system once in a while is reasonable.
Where in the hell are you going with this post?

I actually think this is the first time this one has ever been tested. Thats the impression I got reading the FCC's explanation any way. As another poster mentioned, I think its only TV and radio. Thats why they are doing it at 2PM, so as not to disrupt anything to bad.

New Topics

Forum List

Back