What are you going to be for Halloween?

I used to always be a witch.

Now I'll just wear my trench coat. PPL will think I'm a flasher. That should scare the shit out of someone.

My son is going as The Joker and my daughter is going as Abby from NCIS.

I'm just going to stick a knife through my head . . . the usual costume.

That is funny, I watched ET yesterday. My son was laughing so hard at ET. :)

When I was working in treatment, the women's & kids' house (residential treatment, one of the few facilities that allows ppl in treatment to bring their kids in, once they've made some progress...wonderful program, because they're monitored, taught parenting techniques, and they're SOBER. Sometimes it's the only chance the kids ever have to spend time with their parent where they're safe and their parents are semi-normal)...anyway, we had a Halloween party because of course the women couldn't take the kids trick-or-treating, big trigger for most addicts.

One of our mothers who had been the most traumatized (and who later became a counselor herself, a truly steely girl) couldn't decide what to be. We had to be really creative because this population of ppl generally don't have any money, and non-profits don't have a lot to spare for that sort of thing either...

So I told her she should be Persephone, you know, the girl who went to Hades then ran away and became a tree? She was a beautiful willowy girl anyway with red hair...she was GORGEOUS. I'm so proud of that, because she was a tough bitch in many, many ways, and justifiably so, but she was so tickled with her costume. She was maybe 23 or so.

It's one of my fondest memories of halloween. That and the kids thinking I dressed them as boxes and getting reamed by my sister for the effort she had to exert getting them in and out of the Bronco.

I don't' do Halloween. I leave that to the drunks and Johnny Law handing them their DUI's on their way home.

My son is going as The Joker and my daughter is going as Abby from NCIS.

I'm just going to stick a knife through my head . . . the usual costume.
Tack some of those little cereal boxes to a jean jacket, put the knife through one and you can be a cereal killer. :lol:

I thought I'd try being Me on All Hollows Eve. It seems to work for Me the rest of the year.

:razz:

I'm planning on hitting the 1400-1800 blocks of PA Avenue NW for trick or treating. I want to scare the crap out of the folks I meet; so I plan on wearing a FNC press badge. Should get me quite the treat.

Last edited:
I'm not dressing up, but my poor daughter came home from school with a mild fever and sore throat. Guess her plans are RUINED!

She's convinced she has swine flu, thankfully she fell asleep a few minutes ago. :lol:

I'm not dressing up, but my poor daughter came home from school with a mild fever and sore throat. Guess her plans are RUINED!

She's convinced she has swine flu, thankfully she fell asleep a few minutes ago. :lol:

Hey, she could dress up as Sinartra, she says there IS NO swine flu! :rofl:

Forum List

Back