What are you going to be for Halloween?

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
So what are you or your children going to be for Halloween?

I am going to be a Montana State Patrol Officer( already had a hat) and the big man is going to be Superman.

Santa. I'm emcee for a costume contest this year. 60 screaming kids. Oofah.

santaresize.jpg

I would have to get drunk to if I was working a little kids birthday party.

Daughter's a princess and boy's batman.

Just like last year. Only last year their costumes were too big and I had to alter my boys'. I made my daughters' at a HUGE expense to myself....much cheaper just to buy the damn things.

But anyway, they wanted to wear the same costumes this year. Hoorah, a lot less stress. This time last year I was frantically sewing into late into the night, and had to race all over The Dalles a whole week before Halloween to find a flipping Batman costume. I got the body suit in one place (size 10...my boy was 5) the cape in another and the mask in yet another.

It was harrowing.

Harroween.

My older boys are still pissed that I dressed them as cardboard boxes one year. EXCEPT I DIDN'T. I made these flipping elaborate robot costumes, which included the bodies, which were boxes, spray painted with EXPENSIVE gold or siver paint, and had all the knobs and tubes and doohickies on them, I painted their little faces silver, I duct-taped their arms & legs (not together, you idiots, over their sweats) they were ADORABLE.

But my sister was pissed as hell..I had to work, so she took them trick or treating and for them to get in and out of the Bronco they had to remove the boxes.

And they were convinced for years I'd made them go trick or treating as boxes.

You should use the cardboard again but paint it has dresser and go as a one night stand. :)

I have to say, Halloween has just gotten way out of control. It used to be a one day event, and if it didn't fall on a school day, oh well.

Now it's like this long drawn out thing, it's more elaborate than Christmas....today was "Main Street Trick Or Treat" in the town where I was working, and the kids got to wear their costumes to school (4 day school days here) AND there was a party for them somehow associated with the school.

Then there's the actual trick or treating on Saturday...and another party that night. Though really I don't mind the parties on the night of Halloween, they always work out really well, the kids love it, it's safe, stress free, lots of goodies and fun, it's warm.

But c'mon. For Halloween????? Main Street Trick or Treat 2 days before??? What's up with that? Why not on Friday? I get that many of the stores are closed on Saturday, but WHY THURSDAY???

I love Halloween! I already went to one party last week and will be going trick a treating and to another party on saturday.

Sheesh, I thought you were talking about the past, since that's usually where I reside.

what can I say I was the youngest! It brings me joy telling on people. :D

Forum List

Back