What are you doing this weekend?

I didn't know you have this creative side, shogun.

I know! Who would have thunk it? I am reading his posts while my jaw hits the floor!

I love these kind of things...where you think you have a person pegged and they surprise the day light out of you!

nice touch to shogun's so rougher side! hahahahaha!

See, 20 years ago, something like that in a guy that really threw me for a loop would have attracked me to him...

My husband worked at the same corp that I did....and we were friends for quite a few years before we dated...more friends at work, spent lunches gabbing about his girlfriends and my boyfriend, or work projects in his area of the business or mine and stuff like that..
there was a prick from cupid's arrow of interest but more curiosity and not that strong...at least not for me at first, though he said he did have the hots for me, but thought i would never date him....he held a lower position than me with the Corp so i suppose that intimidated him a bit...thus the years of building a close and trustful friendship and nothing more...

Anyway, he moved 300 miles away from ft laud to tampa to work in another corp office of the company, still talked to him on work projects and stuff, and then low and behold I got transfered there the following year, so I saw him again... at work...Tampa was where he was born and bread so his family was there and i ended up talking to his mom alot on the phone and I just loved her....she was old but cool, my hubby was her baby, the last of 5 kids, and she had him at 42...

Anyway, 2 things happened:

1. he had lost 30 lbs and was skinny, 15-20lbs would have been perfect but the 30lbs really shocked me and he looked pretty damn GOOD! He was the supervisor for our Distribution center so he was allowed to wear jams and t-shirts that showed his physique and muscles....whew! hahahaha!

2. he gave me a cassette to listen of his own music and some songs he had writen and invited me to come out to this pub he played and sang at on Friday and Saturday night....

He was SOOOOOO TALENTED, his songs were so heart wrenching or were love filled ballads....words in these songs that expressed feelings and emotions THAT ONLY someone with a really soft side could have....

THAT was it, that was when Cupid struck me with the arrow...so deep there was no turning back, as was said in the movie Sleepless in Seattle, It was....magic., and I just knew, knew that he was "the one", even before our first kiss, let alone the other stuff... ;). And I turned out to be right. It's amazing what it is like, when you just know...so different from all the times in other relationships when uncertainty was always present....

The total shock of him being so talented, he's artistic as well...he can draw well, sing, play guitar, play the piano, write's music....ALL the things that I can not do, thus admiration for anyone else that can, I suppose?

Care

That is the coolest thing I have ever heard Care! You married your best friend. He has his own interests, you have yours, so life is never boring. You are one lucky gal, and he's a lucky man to have you! I love men with artistic sides and musical sides!

Amanda, how about finding a local thrift store and browsing for forgotten treasures. Or, buying a cookbook and cooking your way through it? I am reading a book called Julie and Julia, about a woman who cooked her way through Julia Childs' book when she lost her job.

Or, there is always the fallback: good ice cream and a weekend of reading/movies. I love quiet weekends like that.

WE had fun last night. After trying about 4 different kinds of gourmet beers, we ended up going to eat Columbian food at 11 p.m. Tasty.

p.s. Goodwill is my HANDS DOWN favorite place to go clothes/shoe shopping.

My daughter and I LOVE Goodwill! I dontate all our clothes that won't fit my students, then shop there for my daughter and myself. That and the Dollar Store are a single mom/teacher's best friend!

SERIOUSLY, I totally agree. And e-bay, I sell a lot of my kids' clothes that are in good shape on e-bay.

But, the cool thing about Goodwill (aside from the prices) is that you just never know what you're going to find there. It's a MYSTERY!

Amanda, how about finding a local thrift store and browsing for forgotten treasures. Or, buying a cookbook and cooking your way through it? I am reading a book called Julie and Julia, about a woman who cooked her way through Julia Childs' book when she lost her job.

Or, there is always the fallback: good ice cream and a weekend of reading/movies. I love quiet weekends like that.

WE had fun last night. After trying about 4 different kinds of gourmet beers, we ended up going to eat Columbian food at 11 p.m. Tasty.

Any kind of Latino cusine is YUMMY...imo, and this is what I really miss about Florida...the different varieties of Latino Food! :) Not much of that, up here in Maine....at least not that I have found yet!

Any kind of Latino cusine is YUMMY...imo, and this is what I really miss about Florida...the different varieties of Latino Food! :) Not much of that, up here in Maine....at least not that I have found yet!

there's a taco bell by the jetport in s. portland. :lol:

I'm so bored and there's no end in site. :(

I have nothing to do this weekend. I used to play paintball with my bf but I don't have one anymore. :(

It's supposed to start snowing tonight. :(

I have no plans for the whole weekend. :(

What are you doing this weekend?

I will be working trying to make a buck.

What is wrong with the men in your area? They should be taking you out.

there's a taco bell by the jetport in s. portland. :lol:

hahahahahaha! Taco bell doesn't count AND I am 3 hours north/downeast from there....

Forum List

Back