What are you doing this weekend?

sounds like a problem that a good book can fix, then. (I recommend Pulahniuk)

or, go pick up some supplies and do some painting. Who DOESNT like hanging oil on the wall?

or, something equally fun that is creative.. Have you ever tie died shirts and shit? If so, go get a black natural fiber cloth to hang on the wall.. tie that shit up like a hippy in the parking lot of a Dead show.. and then let it soak in bleech for an hour. Wash it, dry it and then open that shit up for some bitchin anti hippy crafting!

or, Volunteer at a humane society.

or, Surprise your folks and take them to a movie (if they buy dinner).

there are lots of things to do.

1462_main_IMGP2211.JPG

Making an abstract painting actually sounds pretty fun, I might do that.

I already do volunteer work, but we don't have anything set for the weekend because it's supposed to snow.

I live too far from my parents to make the drive without a pretty special occasion, esp if it snows!

well there you go.. go find a micheals and get some supplies and paint something to hang on your walls. I've been working on a jimi hendrix for a couple years now.. but then, I can't paint worth a shit so..

my next painting project is to recreate this

v-015.jpg

and

vincent-van-gogh-paintings-from-arles-1.jpg

All of Van Gogh's works are so beautiful. If your recreations could be half as effective, you'll turn out with good something to look at.

Amanda,

How would today change for you if you realized that THIS is happily ever after. Instead of waiting for the right circumstances to combine for your ideal comfort, what if you started living, REGARDLESS, right here, right now?

Because today may be all you get. You should learn to enjoy it, even if what you are doing is just dumb stuff.

Tonight, BF and I will sit on the floor of his money pit and eat sushi with chopsticks and drink japanese beer, and laugh our asses off. He doesn't even have a table/chairs at this point in time. That won't stop us from having fun. We've kind of learned to make our own. it's a skill you should develop.

Sho, are you doing those as paint by numbers?

If this is happily ever after I'm going to go home and open a vein.

You act like what you're going to do is no big deal but it sounds great to me.

I'm just depressed because I'm alone and it's going to snow and make everything harder to do and make it hard to go anywhere. I think I'm going to try Sho's art idea maybe I won't make a complete mess of it.

And even if you do make a complete mess of it, I think you won half the battle just by trying. Good luck to you. It does sound like fun.

For Amanda:

Kansas City Weekend Events 2/27-3/1, 2009

Top picks of the weekend include:

World of Wheels Show at the Convention Center (meh)

2009 Women's Playwriting Festival at the Just Off Broadway Theater (sounds fun)

A New York Art Gallery Comes to KC', Grant Tinsley Gallery (don't need a friend to look at art)

2009 KC Chinese Film Fest at the Rio Theater

The Pirate's Ball at O'Malley's Irish Pub in Weston sounds quite interesting (I bet you could find a friend to go to this)

FIRST RObotics Competition, Hale Arena, through 2/28. (good place to meet hot nerdy boys)

See how dull this town is? :(

Car show? F-no!

Just off Broadway is a dump.

I'm not very good at appreciating fine art. I'm more of a lowbrow girl.

Chinese films? Uh... no. I don't understand the stories.

I don't want to dress up like a pirate and I don't know anyone that would go to that. It sounds geeky like the Renn Faire stuff.

Nerdy HIGH SCHOOL boys.

I appreciate the help Catz there's just nothing going on that sounds interesting to me. I need better gf's to have fun with.

How do you know the nerds will only be high school boys? Could be college as well. BTW, nerds tend to be more sensitive, more likely to get better jobs and hence make more money.

I believe FIRST is for HS kids.

I'm having a sky light installed in my partners studio as a surprise present. She's an artist and it will open up more light.

She's got a show to prepare for in June and I want to encourage her.

the only thing that I can draw are women's shoes, any kind...i can look at a shoe and sketch it or I can draw one of my own creations....

i couldn't draw or paint a simple plate or apple, if my life depended on it....

but if you want a good looking shoe....HERE I AM! :D

I can draw or paint men's shoes as well, but not nearly as well and my heart does not lie there!

Hanging drawings of women's shoes really won't work for my living/family room walls or decor, nor my bedroom.... :(

I have absolutely no artistic abilities besides drawing women's shoes, I'm a math lover, not creative at all....can't keep a tune either, just dead in physical creativity.....except shoes, hahahahahaha, don't ask me why?????

Care

the only thing that I can draw are women's shoes, any kind...i can look at a shoe and sketch it or I can draw one of my own creations....

I can draw or paint men's shoes as well, but not nearly as well and my heart does not lie there!

Hanging drawings of women's shoes really won't work for my living/family room walls or decor, nor my bedroom.... :(

I have absolutely no artistic abilities besides drawing women's shoes, I'm a math lover, not creative at all....can't keep a tune either, just dead in physical creativity.....except shoes, hahahahahaha, don't ask me why?????

Care

Well, you're certainly kind and you write well. Maybe that's where your creativity lies. Care, I sense a shoe avatar in your future.

Do you have a favorite color? a favorite color scheme? I've always loved the contrast between yellows and blues (which is why the van goghs above appeal to me) but you might try grabbing a sketch pad and mapping out a few ideas before diving in and getting frustrated. I find that collecting your own work can be extremely fulfilling. Hell, i've only had to destroy one piece of work!

also, have you ever tried making your own soda? It's a good step to check out if you ever try brewing your own wine or beer.

Care

That's awesome. I'm not good at painting or drawing shoes, but I'm damned good at buying and wearing them.

Do you do oils, pastels, watercolors?

well, when i'm not crafting profanity into new and interesting adjectives...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBn0NolWtNc&feature=related]YouTube - Bob Ross[/ame]

This weekend, like most weekends, I will go to church Sunday morning, rehearse with my choir in the afternoon. Saturday...do some laundry. Maybe do some hiking on South Mt. (Phoenix)

I'm so bored and there's no end in site. :(

I have nothing to do this weekend. I used to play paintball with my bf but I don't have one anymore. :(

It's supposed to start snowing tonight. :(

I have no plans for the whole weekend. :(

What are you doing this weekend?

Now you're making me feel so bad. Yeah, I know, sometimes you just want to wallow in the sadness and pain. I've done that. Sometimes, it feels good to have a huge pity party.

Why don't you organize a paintball group with your friends? Go out with your girlfriends.

I'm not going to say forgot about him because I hate it when people say that.

This weekend, I'm looking forward to working on a short story which I will enter into a writing contest.

None of the girls I know will play, they think it will hurt too much. I'll probably just clean my apartment... that should take about 10 minutes. :(

Take them to the lazer tag place.

I didn't know you have this creative side, shogun.

I know! Who would have thunk it? I am reading his posts while my jaw hits the floor!

I love these kind of things...where you think you have a person pegged and they surprise the day light out of you!

nice touch to shogun's so rougher side! hahahahaha!

See, 20 years ago, something like that in a guy that really threw me for a loop would have attracked me to him...

My husband worked at the same corp that I did....and we were friends for quite a few years before we dated...more friends at work, spent lunches gabbing about his girlfriends and my boyfriend, or work projects in his area of the business or mine and stuff like that..
there was a prick from cupid's arrow of interest but more curiosity and not that strong...at least not for me at first, though he said he did have the hots for me, but thought i would never date him....he held a lower position than me with the Corp so i suppose that intimidated him a bit...thus the years of building a close and trustful friendship and nothing more...

Anyway, he moved 300 miles away from ft laud to tampa to work in another corp office of the company, still talked to him on work projects and stuff, and then low and behold I got transfered there the following year, so I saw him again... at work...Tampa was where he was born and bread so his family was there and i ended up talking to his mom alot on the phone and I just loved her....she was old but cool, my hubby was her baby, the last of 5 kids, and she had him at 42...

Anyway, 2 things happened:

1. he had lost 30 lbs and was skinny, 15-20lbs would have been perfect but the 30lbs really shocked me and he looked pretty damn GOOD! He was the supervisor for our Distribution center so he was allowed to wear jams and t-shirts that showed his physique and muscles....whew! hahahaha!

2. he gave me a cassette to listen of his own music and some songs he had writen and invited me to come out to this pub he played and sang at on Friday and Saturday night....

He was SOOOOOO TALENTED, his songs were so heart wrenching or were love filled ballads....words in these songs that expressed feelings and emotions THAT ONLY someone with a really soft side could have....

THAT was it, that was when Cupid struck me with the arrow...so deep there was no turning back, as was said in the movie Sleepless in Seattle, It was....magic., and I just knew, knew that he was "the one", even before our first kiss, let alone the other stuff... ;). And I turned out to be right. It's amazing what it is like, when you just know...so different from all the times in other relationships when uncertainty was always present....

The total shock of him being so talented, he's artistic as well...he can draw well, sing, play guitar, play the piano, write's music....ALL the things that I can not do, thus admiration for anyone else that can, I suppose?

Care

I know! Who would have thunk it? I am reading his posts while my jaw hits the floor!

I love these kind of things...where you think you have a person pegged and they surprise the day light out of you!

See, 20 years ago, something like that in a guy that really threw me for a loop would have attracked me to him...

My husband worked at the same corp that I did....and we were friends for quite a few years before we dated...more friends at work, spent lunches gabbing about his girlfriends and my boyfriend, or work projects in his area of the business or mine and stuff like that..
there was a prick from cupid's arrow of interest but more curiosity and not that strong...at least not for me at first, though he said he did have the hots for me, but thought i would never date him....he held a lower position than me with the Corp so i suppose that intimidated him a bit...thus the years of building a close and trustful friendship and nothing more...

Anyway, he moved 300 miles away from ft laud to tampa to work in another corp office of the company, still talked to him on work projects and stuff, and then low and behold I got transfered there the following year, so I saw him again... at work...Tampa was where he was born and bread so his family was there and i ended up talking to his mom alot on the phone and I just loved her....she was old but cool, my hubby was her baby, the last of 5 kids, and she had him at 42...

1. he had lost 30 lbs and was skinny, 15-20lbs would have been perfect but the 30lbs really shocked me and he looked pretty damn GOOD! He was the supervisor for our Distribution center so he was allowed to wear jams and t-shirts that showed his physique and muscles....whew! hahahaha!

2. he gave me a cassette to listen of his own music and some songs he had writen and invited me to come out to this pub he played and sang at on Friday and Saturday night....

He was SOOOOOO TALENTED, his songs were so heart wrenching or were love filled ballads....words in these songs that expressed feelings and emotions THAT ONLY someone with a really soft side could have....

THAT was it, that was when Cupid struck me with the arrow...so deep there was no turning back, as was said in the movie Sleepless in Seattle, It was....magic., and I just knew, knew that he was "the one", even before our first kiss, let alone the other stuff... ;). And I turned out to be right. It's amazing what it is like, when you just know...so different from all the times in other relationships when uncertainty was always present....

The total shock of him being so talented, he's artistic as well...he can draw well, sing, play guitar, play the piano, write's music....ALL the things that I can not do, thus admiration for anyone else that can, I suppose?

Care

I guess we know what you're doing this weekend. ;)

Care

I love stories like this. It was like this for me with my partner too. What a blessing to find your soul mate.

Dillo!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Actually, I'm gonna try to do our taxes, Matt works this weekend!

Dillo!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

It sounded lke you thought it was Valentine's day or something. Just wanted to give ya a heads up. It's "Amanda is Bored" weekend. You and sky probably just made her feel worse :lol:

Amanda is usually bored. It could be she's boring. What is boredom? It's a form of restlessness. It's energy that wants to be somewhere other than where it is in the present moment yet doesn't know where it wants to go.

Last edited:
Dillo!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

It sounded lke you thought it was Valentine's day or something. Just wanted to give ya a heads up. It's "Amanda is Bored" weekend. You and sky probably just made her feel worse :lol:

nah, gave her hope if anything, that the right guy is there for her some where....

just like for you, only gal...i'm sure...

care

Plan to go to the range and shoot. Then some snorkeling (hopefully catch dinner) and grill out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back