What are you doing this weekend?

I'll be putting the finishing touches on a Pinewood Derby car. After that, I'll be attending religious services with Yukon so that I won't end up in Hell.

sounds like a problem that a good book can fix, then. (I recommend Pulahniuk)

or, go pick up some supplies and do some painting. Who DOESNT like hanging oil on the wall?

or, something equally fun that is creative.. Have you ever tie died shirts and shit? If so, go get a black natural fiber cloth to hang on the wall.. tie that shit up like a hippy in the parking lot of a Dead show.. and then let it soak in bleech for an hour. Wash it, dry it and then open that shit up for some bitchin anti hippy crafting!

or, Volunteer at a humane society.

or, Surprise your folks and take them to a movie (if they buy dinner).

there are lots of things to do.

1462_main_IMGP2211.JPG

Making an abstract painting actually sounds pretty fun, I might do that.

I already do volunteer work, but we don't have anything set for the weekend because it's supposed to snow.

I live too far from my parents to make the drive without a pretty special occasion, esp if it snows!

I'm so bored and there's no end in site. :(

I have nothing to do this weekend. I used to play paintball with my bf but I don't have one anymore. :(

It's supposed to start snowing tonight. :(

I have no plans for the whole weekend. :(

What are you doing this weekend?

Well I had plans but I'm cancelling them all if you bought yourself a bottle of vodka and your computer still works .

:popcorn:

I don't know that I'm going to make an ass of myself online tonight so you prolly shouldn't cancel your other plans.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in a filthy city cheek to jowl with millions of strangers and freaks.

But anyway, back to the topic. I will be sharpening my mower blades and landscaping tools and tuning up the tractor. I am just itching to start working outside again. Got some big plans for the old homestead this summer.

What are you going to do?

I will be hardscaping a few new garden patches lots of wood and stone and making some new outdoor furniture. I am debating a water feature but am still undecided, My wife and I found some real interesting plants and small trees that will bloom in the winter so I want to get those established and hopefully have fresh blooms for Christmas.

I am expanding the deck with a couple of levels and setting up for an outdoor sauna and hot tub ( the install might have to wait till next summer though depending on funds).

That sounds really great, you should show us pics of your progress, that would be fun.

that sounds fucking awesome. If I had a back yard i'd be tempted to put in a koi pond

Yeah, I don't know about the fish though.

We're real fortunate with our location. We have 3 acres with about 1acre fenced in I want to put 2 or 3 miniature gardens out there with different seating, hammocks and a new stone patio around the fire pit.

I am sooo sick of winter right now, I am fucking stir crazy

me tooooo

I GOT spring fever!!!!!!!! BIG TIME!!!

For Amanda:

Kansas City Weekend Events 2/27-3/1, 2009

Top picks of the weekend include:

World of Wheels Show at the Convention Center (meh)

2009 Women's Playwriting Festival at the Just Off Broadway Theater (sounds fun)

A New York Art Gallery Comes to KC', Grant Tinsley Gallery (don't need a friend to look at art)

2009 KC Chinese Film Fest at the Rio Theater

The Pirate's Ball at O'Malley's Irish Pub in Weston sounds quite interesting (I bet you could find a friend to go to this)

FIRST RObotics Competition, Hale Arena, through 2/28. (good place to meet hot nerdy boys)

See how dull this town is? :(

Car show? F-no!

Just off Broadway is a dump.

I'm not very good at appreciating fine art. I'm more of a lowbrow girl.

Chinese films? Uh... no. I don't understand the stories.

I don't want to dress up like a pirate and I don't know anyone that would go to that. It sounds geeky like the Renn Faire stuff.

Nerdy HIGH SCHOOL boys.

I appreciate the help Catz there's just nothing going on that sounds interesting to me. I need better gf's to have fun with.

I'm attending a religious retreat on Saturday, on Sunday I will be going to Mass. I trust and hope each of you will do likewise on Sunday.

I will be going to church on Sunday.

I'll be putting the finishing touches on a Pinewood Derby car. After that, I'll be attending religious services with Yukon so that I won't end up in Hell.

I don't know if it will help in your case. :tongue:

Car show? F-no!

I don't want to dress up like a pirate and I don't know anyone that would go to that. It sounds geeky like the Renn Faire stuff.

Nerdy HIGH SCHOOL boys.

I appreciate the help Catz there's just nothing going on that sounds interesting to me. I need better gf's to have fun with.

You don't even know what a dull town is, sweetie. More importantly than having better girlfriends, you need to learn to have fun doing NOTHING.

or, go pick up some supplies and do some painting. Who DOESNT like hanging oil on the wall?

or, something equally fun that is creative.. Have you ever tie died shirts and shit? If so, go get a black natural fiber cloth to hang on the wall.. tie that shit up like a hippy in the parking lot of a Dead show.. and then let it soak in bleech for an hour. Wash it, dry it and then open that shit up for some bitchin anti hippy crafting!

1462_main_IMGP2211.JPG

I already do volunteer work, but we don't have anything set for the weekend because it's supposed to snow.

I live too far from my parents to make the drive without a pretty special occasion, esp if it snows!

well there you go.. go find a micheals and get some supplies and paint something to hang on your walls. I've been working on a jimi hendrix for a couple years now.. but then, I can't paint worth a shit so..

my next painting project is to recreate this

v-015.jpg

and

vincent-van-gogh-paintings-from-arles-1.jpg

Amanda,

How would today change for you if you realized that THIS is happily ever after. Instead of waiting for the right circumstances to combine for your ideal comfort, what if you started living, REGARDLESS, right here, right now?

Because today may be all you get. You should learn to enjoy it, even if what you are doing is just dumb stuff.

Tonight, BF and I will sit on the floor of his money pit and eat sushi with chopsticks and drink japanese beer, and laugh our asses off. He doesn't even have a table/chairs at this point in time. That won't stop us from having fun. We've kind of learned to make our own. it's a skill you should develop.

Sho, are you doing those as paint by numbers?

1462_main_IMGP2211.JPG

well there you go.. go find a micheals and get some supplies and paint something to hang on your walls. I've been working on a jimi hendrix for a couple years now.. but then, I can't paint worth a shit so..

my next painting project is to recreate this

v-015.jpg

and

vincent-van-gogh-paintings-from-arles-1.jpg

You should post some pics of what you've done, we'd all love to see it.

For Amanda:

Kansas City Weekend Events 2/27-3/1, 2009

Top picks of the weekend include:

World of Wheels Show at the Convention Center (meh)

2009 Women's Playwriting Festival at the Just Off Broadway Theater (sounds fun)

A New York Art Gallery Comes to KC', Grant Tinsley Gallery (don't need a friend to look at art)

2009 KC Chinese Film Fest at the Rio Theater

The Pirate's Ball at O'Malley's Irish Pub in Weston sounds quite interesting (I bet you could find a friend to go to this)

FIRST RObotics Competition, Hale Arena, through 2/28. (good place to meet hot nerdy boys)

Car show? F-no!

Nerdy HIGH SCHOOL boys.

How do you know the nerds will only be high school boys? Could be college as well. BTW, nerds tend to be more sensitive, more likely to get better jobs and hence make more money.

Amanda,

How would today change for you if you realized that THIS is happily ever after. Instead of waiting for the right circumstances to combine for your ideal comfort, what if you started living, REGARDLESS, right here, right now?

Because today may be all you get. You should learn to enjoy it, even if what you are doing is just dumb stuff.

Tonight, BF and I will sit on the floor of his money pit and eat sushi with chopsticks and drink japanese beer, and laugh our asses off. He doesn't even have a table/chairs at this point in time. That won't stop us from having fun. We've kind of learned to make our own. it's a skill you should develop.

Sho, are you doing those as paint by numbers?

If this is happily ever after I'm going to go home and open a vein.

You act like what you're going to do is no big deal but it sounds great to me.

I'm just depressed because I'm alone and it's going to snow and make everything harder to do and make it hard to go anywhere. I think I'm going to try Sho's art idea maybe I won't make a complete mess of it.

Forum List

Back