What are you doing this weekend?

I'm so bored and there's no end in site. :(

I have nothing to do this weekend. I used to play paintball with my bf but I don't have one anymore. :(

It's supposed to start snowing tonight. :(

I have no plans for the whole weekend. :(

What are you doing this weekend?

Well I had plans but I'm cancelling them all if you bought yourself a bottle of vodka and your computer still works .

:popcorn:

sounds like a problem that a good book can fix, then. (I recommend Pulahniuk)

or, go pick up some supplies and do some painting. Who DOESNT like hanging oil on the wall?

or, something equally fun that is creative.. Have you ever tie died shirts and shit? If so, go get a black natural fiber cloth to hang on the wall.. tie that shit up like a hippy in the parking lot of a Dead show.. and then let it soak in bleech for an hour. Wash it, dry it and then open that shit up for some bitchin anti hippy crafting!

or, Volunteer at a humane society.

or, Surprise your folks and take them to a movie (if they buy dinner).

there are lots of things to do.

1462_main_IMGP2211.JPG

That actually looks quite good. Better to make your own as you did. They charge you an arm and leg for a good tie dyed shirt.

sounds like a problem that a good book can fix, then. (I recommend Pulahniuk)

or, go pick up some supplies and do some painting. Who DOESNT like hanging oil on the wall?

or, something equally fun that is creative.. Have you ever tie died shirts and shit? If so, go get a black natural fiber cloth to hang on the wall.. tie that shit up like a hippy in the parking lot of a Dead show.. and then let it soak in bleech for an hour. Wash it, dry it and then open that shit up for some bitchin anti hippy crafting!

or, Volunteer at a humane society.

or, Surprise your folks and take them to a movie (if they buy dinner).

there are lots of things to do.

1462_main_IMGP2211.JPG

That actually looks quite good. Better to make your own as you did. They charge you an arm and leg for a good tie dyed shirt.

thats not actually mine. Just a google example of using bleach. In college I bought some heavy cotton-wool fabric from wally world, roughly 7x5 feet, and made a killer wall mural type of thing. It looked pretty bad ass afterward. Although, the lesson I learned was to rinse the damn thing out before hanging it or it will bleach the fucking wallpaper.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in a filthy city cheek to jowl with millions of strangers and freaks.

But anyway, back to the topic. I will be sharpening my mower blades and landscaping tools and tuning up the tractor. I am just itching to start working outside again. Got some big plans for the old homestead this summer.

What are you going to do?

I will be hardscaping a few new garden patches lots of wood and stone and making some new outdoor furniture. I am debating a water feature but am still undecided, My wife and I found some real interesting plants and small trees that will bloom in the winter so I want to get those established and hopefully have fresh blooms for Christmas.

I am expanding the deck with a couple of levels and setting up for an outdoor sauna and hot tub ( the install might have to wait till next summer though depending on funds).

I nearly killed myself last weekend so I might give the beer a miss (or not) but I will be watching Rugby and football and chasing Grandkids all over the house, and fucking grocery fucking shopping bastard.

The way it's been going lately, I'm betting that I will fixing someone's car. Hopefully not on the side of the road

that sounds fucking awesome. If I had a back yard i'd be tempted to put in a koi pond

that sounds fucking awesome. If I had a back yard i'd be tempted to put in a koi pond

Yeah, I don't know about the fish though.

We're real fortunate with our location. We have 3 acres with about 1acre fenced in I want to put 2 or 3 miniature gardens out there with different seating, hammocks and a new stone patio around the fire pit.

I am sooo sick of winter right now, I am fucking stir crazy

For Amanda:

Kansas City Weekend Events 2/27-3/1, 2009

Top picks of the weekend include:

World of Wheels Show at the Convention Center (meh)

2009 Women's Playwriting Festival at the Just Off Broadway Theater (sounds fun)

A New York Art Gallery Comes to KC', Grant Tinsley Gallery (don't need a friend to look at art)

2009 KC Chinese Film Fest at the Rio Theater

The Pirate's Ball at O'Malley's Irish Pub in Weston sounds quite interesting (I bet you could find a friend to go to this)

FIRST RObotics Competition, Hale Arena, through 2/28. (good place to meet hot nerdy boys)

Yeah, I don't know about the fish though.

We're real fortunate with our location. We have 3 acres with about 1acre fenced in I want to put 2 or 3 miniature gardens out there with different seating, hammocks and a new stone patio around the fire pit.

I am sooo sick of winter right now, I am fucking stir crazy

Koi are readily eaten by wildlife in our area. FYI

And, re: the laying of tile, am helping boyfriend rehab a 1940s house in the ghetto. So far we've done the wiring, floor (needed new joists and new floor sections because the old ones were rotted), plumbing, moved two walls. Now we are tiling 2 bathrooms and then will paint and the house will have indoor plumbing!

When I have a boring weekend upcoming, I do the following:

Go to the library & stock up on books
Go thriftstore shopping (I have a serious Goodwill addiction)
Take the dog for a 3-4 mile walk
Go see a movie (even by myself)

Push yourself out of your comfort zone, Amanda. Don't let being alone keep you from having fun.

failing all of that get yourself a load of beer and drink yourself into a stupour:eusa_whistle:

I'm attending a religious retreat on Saturday, on Sunday I will be going to Mass. I trust and hope each of you will do likewise on Sunday.

Last edited:
well sunday is my and the man's 28th anniversary..and my 3rd day off in like 4 months...we have zero plans...i like to stay home when i get the chance...

Forum List

Back