What are you doing this Memorial Day?

laughinReaper

Dec 5, 2011
What are you doing this Memorial day?

I will probably go to the Cemetery to Check in on my Uncles and Cousin's graves. My Cousin Ray was a Navy Vet and my Uncle was Army in Vietnam. I will try to get to the local parade to show support. Having a cookout on Monday afternoon.

Have a good and safe weekend.

I will probably go to the Cemetery to Check in on my Uncles and Cousin's graves. My Cousin Ray was a Navy Vet and my Uncle was Army in Vietnam. I will try to get to the local parade to show support. Having a cookout on Monday afternoon.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend some time this weekend...Very nice... :clap2:

That sounds so perfect, laughinReaper. :)

I am very fortunate to have a job I love and that includes working most weekends and holidays, because I prefer those. Many tourists are in town always, and I love to meet and laugh with them, when they come in the gallery.

I will also stop by the Vietnam Memorial at a local park, overlooking the ocean, to pay my deepest held respect for all my loved ones, and all Americans, who gave their lives, in many wars...

imagesCACEL4VV-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'll visit my grandparents graves and put flowers down.....
My parents don't have graves. They both wanted to have their ashes thrown to the wind. My mom died in 1993 and because she always wanted to see the world, my dad put some of her ashes in our woods out back, some in the Gulf of Mexico, and some in the Atlantic. My dad died in 1997, and he just wanted to be at home. So we put all of his ashes in the woods where mom is, on our property. I go back there and talk to them sometimes................

What I do every year.

Going to the hardware store early and buying about $50 worth of those little American flag stick in the ground things.

Putting them in the "Tour Pack" of my bike and riding to Quantico National Cemetery. Planting as many as I can, especially on the graves of the young kids killed recently.

Then kneeling and saying about 20 Hail Mary's.

Then walking through the cemetery for a couple hours talking to families who have come to visit and extend to them my sympathies, prayers and my thanks for their husband's/son's/wife's/daughter's service to our nation.

What I do every year.

Going to the hardware store early and buying about $50 worth of those little American flag stick in the ground things.

Putting them in the "Tour Pack" of my bike and riding to Quantico National Cemetery. Planting as many as I can, especially on the graves of the young kids killed recently.

Then kneeling and saying about 20 Hail Mary's.

Then walking through the cemetery for a couple hours talking to families who have come to visit and extend to them my sympathies, prayers and my thanks for their husband's/son's/wife's/daughter's service to our nation.

Very nice.

What am I going to do?

Simple.............I'm going to wake up, post my American flag outside my house, go to the store and buy a couple of steaks and some pineapple.

Then? I'm gonna roast the steaks with some special spices, roast the pineapple and then after it's brown,dip it in a bath of brown sugar and water.

Then? I'm gonna eat and thank the Father that I live in a free country and can do that.

Then? I'll let Him tell me thanks for my 20 years of service.

What am I going to do?

Simple.............I'm going to wake up, post my American flag outside my house, go to the store and buy a couple of steaks and some pineapple.

Then? I'm gonna roast the steaks with some special spices, roast the pineapple and then after it's brown,dip it in a bath of brown sugar and water.

Then? I'm gonna eat and thank the Father that I live in a free country and can do that.

Then? I'll let Him tell me thanks for my 20 years of service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get off at 630am monday morning, have to be back at 230pm, and then work until 630am tuesday. I will get holiday pay and overtime, so it will be worth it.

My American Legion Post has a Memorial Day Service in the town square that I will attend and then a big pot luck at the local Moose Club. Later I will come home and snooze in my recliner.

Volleyball all weekend in Fullerton and Anaheim. If we weren't doing that it would be the Scottish Games in Costa Mesa.
In fact at Fullerton watching volleyball right now.

Plans: Errands, Shopping, Hiking, Dining out, BBQ party chez boe, movie, long relaxing soak in jacuzzi. Much caffeine loading and enjoyment of frosty beverages interspersed throughout.

Getting together with family...we'll grill good stuff and swim in the pool, then gather around the fire pit in the evening.:thup:

poolandpit.jpg

I wish my parent's pool was warm.. Yeah! Love living in Spokane where summer doesn't come until the 4th of July. Ugh
But this is why I am working Memorial Day covering for people, so I can take time off when it is warm.

Forum List

Back