What are Women's Rights Groups in the U.S. - saying about Palin?

abortion is not really an issue for either party...but a smoke screen for both...abortion is a multi million dollar business in the us. We have shut down most of the clinics you say...well perhaps the old c & d clinics are gone....now to get an abortion....chemicals are the way to go. two pills and in 2 weeks or so another preggie test....still around 400 bucks.

they give condoms out for free at local county health centers.

Once again. Nobody has ever claimed there's a policy that will eradicate forever unexpected or teen pregnancy.

But, once again, it's STUPID to teach kids it's "okay" when in reality it's #1, illegal, and #2, dangerous, and #3, can result in an unplanned pregnancy....which means a child.

Note there are three reasons, not just one.

no one teaches them its okay except for parents who dont pay attention.

it is not illegal. each state has its own laws on sexual intercourse between willling semi adults...depends a lot on age difference....15 and 17 versus...15 yr old and 21 yr old.

it is dangerous. STD's are on the rise, why you ask? due to the dumb ass teaching of absintence only education over birth control and disease control. what is wrong with telling a class that urinating after intercourse is excellent for the male and lessens his chances of STD's. Condoms prevent STD's more than anything else...sex is one of the strongest drive men and women have.

with good sex education you would see a sharp decrease in preggie's in their teen years. It not only deals with sex but with the social and family obligations of becoming parents.

abortion is not really an issue for either party...but a smoke screen for both...abortion is a multi million dollar business in the us. We have shut down most of the clinics you say...well perhaps the old c & d clinics are gone....now to get an abortion....chemicals are the way to go. two pills and in 2 weeks or so another preggie test....still around 400 bucks.

they give condoms out for free at local county health centers.

Anybody who thinks teenagers aren't going to have sex needs to remove their head from their 4th point of contact. Sex is advertised EVERYWHERE. They see it EVERYWHERE. Kids are either going to learn it from their friends, their parents, or their schools. If the parents are teaching abstinence, they may as well talk to the wall. Better that schools teach responsible practices that can be life-saving (or protect them from life-long STD) as well as avoiding unwanted pregnancies. The point of teaching kids about safe sex isn't to give them the green light to screw each other silly, but to protect them from STD's or worse.

Nothing really......although.....do they really need to suggest the inevitable???

Aside from having a cigarette and a nap/sleep.....does anyone not do that???:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

no most men do know do that....or know why they should...most men urinate prior to intercourse due to the fact it hard to have a woody and urinate....

no dill i am not a man...i have said that over and over....i am not a man....i am a 55 yr old woman.....55 sucks...lol

this aint one of them cuddle and then do suggestions....either..its a get out of bed...go urinate...light ciggie...get a beer whatever....but it needs to be right soon....after the act....and i assure you any man who has had to have his urinary tract scraped will attest to this suggest....

What I don't get, and correct me if I'm wrong- But doesn't the Muslim faith have women as second class citizens, wearing scarfs to cover their head and such? Why would someone of that faith want a woman as VP, who could someday be President, if they think of woman that way.

The Muslim faith does not designate women as second class citizens. Certainly some people who happen also to be Muslim do seem to do that. Just as some people who happen to be Christian or Jewish do likewise.

Wearing a hijab has tradtionally been meant as a sign of respect towards Allah, like wearing a yarmulke or a wig amongst someJewish sects or the until recently common practice among Catholic women to wear a head scarf in church or among Catholic nuns to wear wimples.

Mostly conservative or fundamentalist or Middle Eastern Muslim women wear head scarves. Also women in Iran where it is required by law. And surprisingly, female teachers working in state sponsored Muslim primary and secondary schools in the Netherlands. Muslim women living in Europe and the Balkans and urban areas of the Maghreb generally do not.
However, wearing a head scarf has begun to take on a political meaning for some Muslim women. Beginning in the 20's when the head scarf was banned in government buildings in Turkey till nowadays where countries like France have banned the wearing of head scarves in public schools. Some Muslim women take that as an affront to what they see as their right to wear religious symbols and women who never wore a scarf before in their lives, whose mothers and grandmothers may never have even worn a scarf, are now putting on head scarves.

It's a complicated issue. I know a few Muslim women personally. They all have different reasons for wearing or not wearing a head scarf. None of them seem to think it demonstrates an inclination in Islam towards oppression of women. I don't really either. I do think it represents an inclination in Islam, an inclination which seems to exist in other Judeo Christian religions as well, towards considering the human body as dirty or filthy or something to be avoided as it will lead to ungodly temptations.

In some Judeo Christian sects it is considered necessary for women to dress modestly so as not to incite the lust of men. Some extremists say it incites rape and therefore lack of so called " modest' clothing indicates a raped woman's culpability in the crime.

What a crock of shit.

I don't think fear and hatred of women is particular to any religion, just to those who may get control of it.

The Muslim faith does not designate women as second class citizens. Certainly some people who happen also to be Muslim do seem to do that. Just as some people who happen to be Christian or Jewish do likewise.

Wearing a hijab has tradtionally been meant as a sign of respect towards Allah, like wearing a yarmulke or a wig amongst someJewish sects or the until recently common practice among Catholic women to wear a head scarf in church or among Catholic nuns to wear wimples.

Mostly conservative or fundamentalist or Middle Eastern Muslim women wear head scarves. Also women in Iran where it is required by law. And surprisingly, female teachers working in state sponsored Muslim primary and secondary schools in the Netherlands. Muslim women living in Europe and the Balkans and urban areas of the Maghreb generally do not.
However, wearing a head scarf has begun to take on a political meaning for some Muslim women. Beginning in the 20's when the head scarf was banned in government buildings in Turkey till nowadays where countries like France have banned the wearing of head scarves in public schools. Some Muslim women take that as an affront to what they see as their right to wear religious symbols and women who never wore a scarf before in their lives, whose mothers and grandmothers may never have even worn a scarf, are now putting on head scarves.

It's a complicated issue. I know a few Muslim women personally. They all have different reasons for wearing or not wearing a head scarf. None of them seem to think it demonstrates an inclination in Islam towards oppression of women. I don't really either. I do think it represents an inclination in Islam, an inclination which seems to exist in other Judeo Christian religions as well, towards considering the human body as dirty or filthy or something to be avoided as it will lead to ungodly temptations.

In some Judeo Christian sects it is considered necessary for women to dress modestly so as not to incite the lust of men. Some extremists say it incites rape and therefore lack of so called " modest' clothing indicates a raped woman's culpability in the crime.

What a crock of shit.

I don't think fear and hatred of women is particular to any religion, just to those who may get control of it.

Thank you for explaining that Angel, I didn't know all of that.

What Christian religion is it that that women wear the coffee filter like things on their heads? I used to wait on them a lot when I worked at TGIFriday's, they were nice folks, but not exactly the best tippers in the world.

Thank you for explaining that Angel, I didn't know all of that.

What Christian religion is it that that women wear the coffee filter like things on their heads? I used to wait on them a lot when I worked at TGIFriday's, they were nice folks, but not exactly the best tippers in the world.

Not sure. Mennonite?

This is you trolling?

No, this is me asking for proof of a claim that has no basis in reality. Sex ed alone is no more effective than teaching abstinence alone.

Which is why nobody took up the challenge to provide proof to the contrary.

Yeah, but I had to get rid of my Frodo avatar because it was offensive.

Did I remember to give you what I promised you?
art.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back