What Are We Paying Obama For? And Can It Get Worse?...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
It’s simply hard to imagine this passes for a Presidency. At what point does he become simply too much for the senses? Sure we have had some interesting and bad Presidents before – recently in fact. Nixon changed our view of the Presidency for the worse. Carter was beyond ineffectual. Bush 41 broke a huge promise. Clinton wagged his finger while lying – and a bit more than that. But this President is truly something and it’s not just the facts that are bad – it’s his excuses and manners that make this Presidency so incredibly bad.

Let us count the ways:

A. The Economics.

This list is well known by now – but that doesn’t mean it is highlighted by the Media as it would be of a Republican was president.

1. Unemployment at 9% for a historically long time. According to Obama he inherited this mess and blames President Bush and ATMs. Yes Obama believes automation, like ATMs, is to blame – as if such automations like automobiles (accounting for nearly 20% of our economy) and computers (creating employers like EBAY and Microsoft) are the cause of our unemployment. Beyond that, Obama joked that he was wrong about “shovel ready” projects, created the “Saved” jobs category out of thin air, and claimed that the stimulus bill would prevent unemployment from going above 8%. What’s missing, of course, is a plan to lower unemployment – let alone actually lower unemployment.
2. Gas Prices. They are currently 85% higher than when he took office. He shut down our Gulf oil production for ideological not actual reasons and delayed a Canadian pipeline for political reasons. When Bush 43 saw high gas prices, the Media told him to go his friends in the Middle East to ask them to raise production. Since Obama wanted $5 gasoline all along, he has no plan to lower energy prices and the Media doesn’t harp on the issue. Meanwhile the economy is hurt badly because of the higher costs of energy that reduce purchasing power and hurt employers everywhere.
3. Foreclosure/Home Mortgage Crisis. This is the one part of the economy that actually is in a crisis that is “the worst since the Great Depression” – a phrase Obama is fond of overusing. Obama has continued the policy of bailing out the Banks for foreclosure related losses, encouraged Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bailouts instead of reforming them and now he has sued the very Banks he bailed out because of their foreclosure practices – and no, there is no plan in sight let alone true relief.
4. The Deficit. It has quadrupled under Obama. Yet he says inherited it – and rather than change it, spending has actually gone up each of this 3 years. Obama’s solution: have other people come up with a plan – he was traveling or on vacation. When it failed, he said he knew it would fail. So Chris Christie rightfully asks: What are we paying Obama for?

http://biggovernment.com/tdelbeccaro/2011/11/29/what-are-we-paying-obama-for-and-can-it-get-worse/

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
It’s simply hard to imagine this passes for a Presidency. At what point does he become simply too much for the senses? Sure we have had some interesting and bad Presidents before – recently in fact. Nixon changed our view of the Presidency for the worse. Carter was beyond ineffectual. Bush 41 broke a huge promise. Clinton wagged his finger while lying – and a bit more than that. But this President is truly something and it’s not just the facts that are bad – it’s his excuses and manners that make this Presidency so incredibly bad.

Let us count the ways:

A. The Economics.

This list is well known by now – but that doesn’t mean it is highlighted by the Media as it would be of a Republican was president.

1. Unemployment at 9% for a historically long time. According to Obama he inherited this mess and blames President Bush and ATMs. Yes Obama believes automation, like ATMs, is to blame – as if such automations like automobiles (accounting for nearly 20% of our economy) and computers (creating employers like EBAY and Microsoft) are the cause of our unemployment. Beyond that, Obama joked that he was wrong about “shovel ready” projects, created the “Saved” jobs category out of thin air, and claimed that the stimulus bill would prevent unemployment from going above 8%. What’s missing, of course, is a plan to lower unemployment – let alone actually lower unemployment.
2. Gas Prices. They are currently 85% higher than when he took office. He shut down our Gulf oil production for ideological not actual reasons and delayed a Canadian pipeline for political reasons. When Bush 43 saw high gas prices, the Media told him to go his friends in the Middle East to ask them to raise production. Since Obama wanted $5 gasoline all along, he has no plan to lower energy prices and the Media doesn’t harp on the issue. Meanwhile the economy is hurt badly because of the higher costs of energy that reduce purchasing power and hurt employers everywhere.
3. Foreclosure/Home Mortgage Crisis. This is the one part of the economy that actually is in a crisis that is “the worst since the Great Depression” – a phrase Obama is fond of overusing. Obama has continued the policy of bailing out the Banks for foreclosure related losses, encouraged Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bailouts instead of reforming them and now he has sued the very Banks he bailed out because of their foreclosure practices – and no, there is no plan in sight let alone true relief.
4. The Deficit. It has quadrupled under Obama. Yet he says inherited it – and rather than change it, spending has actually gone up each of this 3 years. Obama’s solution: have other people come up with a plan – he was traveling or on vacation. When it failed, he said he knew it would fail. So Chris Christie rightfully asks: What are we paying Obama for?

» What Are We Paying Obama For? And Can It Get Worse? - Big Government

The words cut like a knife. “What the hell are we paying you for?” Gov. Chris Christie asked of President Obama.

The New Jersey Republican has a gift for getting to the heart of things, and his broadside against the president over the debt bomb is Exhibit A. His assertion, framed as a question, makes the case against Obama better than anything heard from the actual candidates.

Christie’s decision not to run remains a disappointment, but he is a valuable player who can help sharpen the fuzzy aim of Mitt Romney, the man he supports. Christie’s consistent theme is that Obama has defaulted on the responsibility to provide presidential leadership during a national crisis.

On Monday, the GOP heavyweight called Obama “a bystander in the Oval Office” for ducking the congressional committee charged with finding $1.2 trillion in deficit reductions over 10 years.

“I was angry this weekend, listening to the spin coming out of the administration about the failure of the super committee, and that the president knew it was doomed for failure, so he didn’t get involved,” Christie said. “Well, then, what the hell are we paying you for? ‘It’s doomed for failure so I’m not getting involved?’ Well, what have you been doing, exactly?” :clap2:

Read the ways Obama has been uninvolved in his job:

Read more: Does Obama Think It's Beneath Him To Be President? | Fox News

• Thanks
Looks like we're paying him to blame the other guy. I haven't seen much else from him.

It was interesting to hear a couple of certified lefty loons talk badly about Barry this morning on MSNBC, of all places.

On Morning Joe, Tina Brown (head of soon to be defunct) Newsweek mag and the Daily Beast opined it seems Obama "doesn't like the job" and that he "doesn't know how to exercise his power." In the same discussion (about Barry's low approval ratings) Mike Barnicle said you could make the case he "doesn't like politics."

Kind of ironic two lefty stooges who carried Obama's water during his presidential campaign finally realizing the empty suit is an empty suit.

Buyer's remorse...it's a beautiful thing.

• Thanks
It was interesting to hear a couple of certified lefty loons talk badly about Barry this morning on MSNBC, of all places.

On Morning Joe, Tina Brown (head of soon to be defunct) Newsweek mag and the Daily Beast opined it seems Obama "doesn't like the job" and that he "doesn't know how to exercise his power." In the same discussion (about Barry's low approval ratings) Mike Barnicle said you could make the case he "doesn't like politics."

Kind of ironic two lefty stooges who carried Obama's water during his presidential campaign finally realizing the empty suit is an empty suit.

They were duped. All of his followers have been duped. Most just can't face that though. Good to see some coming around. But what about Newsweek? Are they going down? Because that would be cool with me. They've become just a propaganda media arm of the Democratic Party. They have no journalistic integrity anymore. It's kind of sad though because they were well respected at one time. I guess new management destroyed it though. I wont miss em when they're gone. That's for sure.

They were duped. All of his followers have been duped. Most just can't face that though. Good to see some coming around. But what about Newsweek? Are they going down? Because that would be cool with me. They've become just a propaganda media arm of the Democratic Party. They have no journalistic integrity anymore. It's kind of sad though because they were well respected at one time. I guess new management destroyed it though. I wont miss em when they're gone. That's for sure.

Newsweek was floundering badly financially when the Washington Post group was trying to unload it a year or two ago. Eventually all they sold it for was a buck, but the buyer had to assume its millions of dollars of financial obligations which I'm sure the Post was more than happy to get out from under. After that a lot of top people quit or got fired and someone had the bright idea to put Tina Brown in charge, the kiss of death for sure IMO.

Page through one some time and you won't believe it. It's more like People mag now than Time or US News. And when you're done put a fork in it.

Newsweek was floundering badly financially when the Washington Post group was trying to unload it a year or two ago. Eventually all they sold it for was a buck, but the buyer had to assume its millions of dollars of financial obligations which I'm sure the Post was more than happy to get out from under. After that a lot of top people quit or got fired and someone had the bright idea to put Tina Brown in charge, the kiss of death for sure IMO.

Page through one some time and you won't believe it. It's more like People mag now than Time or US News. And when you're done put a fork in it.

Yea i don't feel bad for them. They have become a real joke. Good riddance.

Apparently we are paying him to campaign in the swing states. He disguises it has job tour, and other things but most people knows better

At what point does this President stop blaming the prior administration for Obama's shortcomings.
At what point does this President stop blaming the Republicans for where we are today.

Chris Cristie hit it out of the park...
If You Mr.President can't get anything done why should you stay as the President?....

You can add Time Magazine to that category, they are both tools for drawing left-wing propaganda politics. I never subscribed to either, and wouldn't care in the least should either of these "empty fillers" end their circulation.

Last edited:
Yes. yes it can get worse.

God lets hope not. Things are bad enough right now.

If you think things are bad now, imagine if he got re-elected with nothing to hold him back and no one to "please" or voters to answer to anymore. If you think the economy and our debt is out of control now . . . . . . well all you need to do is look at the short term Pelosi policy of "Pay-As-U-Go", remember that joke?

Last edited:
I gotta tell ya, between all the whining you losers do and the near constant circle-jerk you nutters engage in here, I am glad to own stock in Kimberly-Clark.

[ The words cut like a knife. “What the hell are we paying you for?” Gov. Chris Christie asked of President Obama.

The New Jersey Republican has a gift for getting to the heart of things, and his broadside against the president over the debt bomb is Exhibit A. His assertion, framed as a question, makes the case against Obama better than anything heard from the actual candidates.

Christie’s decision not to run remains a disappointment, but he is a valuable player who can help sharpen the fuzzy aim of Mitt Romney, the man he supports. Christie’s consistent theme is that Obama has defaulted on the responsibility to provide presidential leadership during a national crisis.

I know Christie not running is a disappointment, however I think he made the right decision. He will become a stronger candidate for the NEXT Presidential election, as he wouldn't just "quit" his position as govenor of New Jersey. He would instead, have proven that when it comes to getting the job done -- he's in it for the long haul. He would have a strong record of turning New Jersey around, and use his ability "to get things done" while working amongst a majority of Democrats that have their own negative positions of him. Of course, with his up front humor, I'm sure he will come up with some form of "memorable comment or story" which eludes that the feeling is more than mutual. Chris Christie is definately one who's career future, love him or hate him, always leaves the media drawn to him for more.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back