what are we in for?

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
At a Seattle, Wash., fundraiser Sunday, Biden said, "Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America ... Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

I would like everyone's guesses, regardless of political view, what crisis is on the horizon? I didn't post a link, because there is too much opinion wrapped around this.

The violence in Afghanistan and Iraq will escalate tremendously, North Korea will fire a few more missiles, Russia will sell everything Iran needs to build a nuclear bomb and the economy will continue to slide.

• Banned
The violence in Afghanistan and Iraq will escalate tremendously, North Korea will fire a few more missiles, Russia will sell everything Iran needs to build a nuclear bomb and the economy will continue to slide.

ouch. frightening.

At a Seattle, Wash., fundraiser Sunday, Biden said, "Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America ... Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

I would like everyone's guesses, regardless of political view, what crisis is on the horizon? I didn't post a link, because there is too much opinion wrapped around this.

Hot button issues are:

Iran and Israel
Terrorist attack on US mainland
Syria and the US
Russia and Georgia
Russia and Poland
Russia and the Ukraine
China and Taiwan
India and Pakistan
Al Sadr and Iraq
Al Queda in Afghanistan
Al Queda in Iraq

How difficult is it for a guy to walk onto a train or bus with a backpack loaded with explosives? Watch the first episode of 24 season 6. This is a very realistic depiction of what the US could be like under a massive attack by a large group of terrorist cells. I think we could very likely see an attack sometime next year on US mainland, unless Al Queda is crippled and has nothing to it whatsoever. Terrorist cells act independent of each other, so no one knows who the other cell is. There are likely a couple of dozen sleeper cells in the US waiting for their orders. I say we see a coordinated attack in New York City, Chicago, LA, Houston and San Francisco. This is not a question of if, it's more a question of when.

Russia has also threatened the US and Europe over our missile shield we're deploying in Poland the Ukraine. Russia just proved to us that their military has not only been re-built, it's also been retained and is faster and more powerful than it's been in a very long time. Obama needs to take this off of the table and back out of this missile defense shield. Iran doesn't have missiles that can reach Eastern Europe nor has Iran ever threatened Poland or the Ukraine. This is what we did in the 1960s, when we deployed missiles in Turkey that caused the Cuban Missile Crisis.

There is a growing alliance between Venuzuela, Iran and Russia. We need to take this tension off of the table, get the defense shield out of there, not admit Ukraine and Poland to NATO and focus on re-stregnthening our relationship with Russia. That will allow us to apply pressure to Iran and hopefully get them stop enriching uranium. If not, Russia will be more inclined to back military intervention.

By the way Liberman said the same sort of thing about the next President! They tested both Clinton and Bush!

• Banned
By the way Liberman said the same sort of thing about the next President! They tested both Clinton and Bush!

Tested the way Kennedy was? we are talking Berlin Wall, Cuban Missile Crisis if Biden is correct. The point Biden was making is that there will be an international crisis if Obama is elected. I like to know the most likely scenarios.

Last edited:
Tested the way Kennedy was? we are talking Berlin Wall, Cuban Missile Crisis if Biden is correct.
At least he is warning us and knows enough that terrorist org. might want to test us no matter who the President was! HE isn't just living in fantasy land or just going to let it happen. I am sure they will test whoever is elected. And did you ever think he said Obama because each side likes to talk like their guy is going to win. When Lieberman said it, he was refering to if McCain won.

• Banned
At least he is warning us and knows enough that terrorist org. might want to test us no matter who the President was! HE isn't just living in fantasy land or just going to let it happen. I am sure they will test whoever is elected. And did you ever think he said Obama because each side likes to talk like their guy is going to win. When Lieberman said it, he was refering to if McCain won.

Biden's reasoning had to do with the fact that Obama is young and inexperienced; that our enemies don't think he is up to the job; that he will have to prove himself; that he will need OUR help.

Biden's reasoning had to do with the fact that Obama is young and inexperienced; that our enemies don't think he is up to the job; that he will have to prove himself; that he will need OUR help.
Like I said before they tested both Clinton and Bush! Which Biden talks about and if you don't think they will test McCain if he is elected you are living in a fatasy land!

Like I said before they tested both Clinton and Bush! Which Biden talks about and if you don't think they will test McCain if he is elected you are living in a fatasy land!

so.....

aside from the fact you think Obama is more qualified, another attack on New York??????

I doubt he had anything in mind in particular.

The crises that will test our new POTUS will probably come out of left field, such that nobody could have prepared for it.

Some revolution somewhere, or some war between allies, something like that is always possible. there are a lot of places on earth just waiting for the spark that starts a firestorm which upsets the balance of power in a region.

A war between Pakistan and India, for example, would be a real problem for our POTUS. A revolution in Tibet might be a problem. Another war between any of the former Soviet Republics another potential threat.

That was Biden's point, I think.

History is replete with examples of problems manifesting which nobody was expecting.

Forum List

Back