What are U doing election day/night?

Kathianne said:
Education administration. Aaarrrggg

But I want to be dept. chair or a dean. Wouldn't want to be actual adminstrator with no student contact.

My children were appointed an attorney ad litem, during visitation problems. Was the best and not paid what she was worth. Thing is, there are not many attorneys willing to do this, I figure that might be a good thing for me! Could do it forever! :D
I went to law school because I wanted to specialize in child protection law. When I was in high school and college I worked for the state prosecutor's office. My favorite cases were the ones involving children because we were their protectors. Going to NYU you can imagine how much of a minority I was...there were more than enough of my classmates who were there to work as defense lawyers or corporate attorneys.

Moi said:
I went to law school because I wanted to specialize in child protection law. When I was in high school and college I worked for the state prosecutor's office. My favorite cases were the ones involving children because we were their protectors. Going to NYU you can imagine how much of a minority I was...there were more than enough of my classmates who were there to work as defense lawyers or corporate attorneys.

So did you give it a try? In Illinois, we have a weird law, one of those, 'unintended consequences'. Because there are people, who will withold visitation over child support, they passed a law saying that it's illegal to do so. My ex always paid child support, since it was garnished and he made alot. However, he had 'issues' and was causing harm to the children. The psychiatrist was very concerned about the youngest and recommended not to let him go. I chose to follow that advice. My brother was Commander at the time of the police dept., so in order to avoid an appearance of impropriety, I was arrested, twice in one weekend, since we couldn't get to court until Monday. :blowup: This probably would not have happened to someone else, as I offered to have the psychiatrist speak to the police. In short order, the kids' court appointed attorney, not only cleared up that problem, but got the psychiatrist into court to halt visitation. An angel she was, the shrink too!

krisy said:
Any special plans for the big night? I know I plan on staying up late becuase the Dems are all ready starting down in Florida with the election crap.

SO ,are you going to go to a party or just stay home and eat popcorn and hope we know who won before Christmas?!!!! Maybe working at the voting centers?

I work nights so as far as I know I'll be at work, unless I put in for a day off. It was pretty interesting in 2000 to be in my situation. I went to the car at supper break (8 pm) and listened to some of the returns on the radio. The station I listened to had a conservative and a liberal working that night. At that particular time it looked like Gore was going to take it. The conservative sounded like he would rather be pulling his toenails out with a pair of pliers and the liberal was being smug, making comments about how we all should have known this would happen. A couple of hours after I went back inside, someone told me Bush had taken the lead. I expected to be listening to one acceptance speech or another on the drive home, having no idea it would be weeks before I heard it.

Kathianne said:
So did you give it a try? In Illinois, we have a weird law, one of those, 'unintended consequences'. Because there are people, who will withold visitation over child support, they passed a law saying that it's illegal to do so. My ex always paid child support, since it was garnished and he made alot. However, he had 'issues' and was causing harm to the children. The psychiatrist was very concerned about the youngest and recommended not to let him go. I chose to follow that advice. My brother was Commander at the time of the police dept., so in order to avoid an appearance of impropriety, I was arrested, twice in one weekend, since we couldn't get to court until Monday. :blowup: This probably would not have happened to someone else, as I offered to have the psychiatrist speak to the police. In short order, the kids' court appointed attorney, not only cleared up that problem, but got the psychiatrist into court to halt visitation. An angel she was, the shrink too!
that's got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard! I remember a case long ago about a woman who went to jail for years rather than let her daughter visit her ex (whom she believed was molesting the kid). I don't blame her.

No I never did become an attorney. I worked during the day and went to school at night...eventually I couldn't afford it anymore- neither the money nor the stress of commuting 1.5 hours to work, straight to school, hours in the library and then 1.5 hours back home after midnight. Always thought I'd go back eventually but life keeps moving on!

Oddly enough,while at my bother's last night talking politics,he was saying we just ought to have a civil war to decide!!!(joking of course)
We all know who would win that one since Republicans are a bunch of gun-toting nuts and liberals want to take all our guns away. :)

I will be home hoping Kerry doesn't win, but if he does, then I'll get a chance to be somewhat like the anti-Bush crowd was. I say "somewhat like" because, unlike the most of the anti-Bush crowd, I will have legitimate reasons to hate Kerry.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I work nights so as far as I know I'll be at work, unless I put in for a day off. It was pretty interesting in 2000 to be in my situation. I went to the car at supper break (8 pm) and listened to some of the returns on the radio. The station I listened to had a conservative and a liberal working that night. At that particular time it looked like Gore was going to take it. The conservative sounded like he would rather be pulling his toenails out with a pair of pliers and the liberal was being smug, making comments about how we all should have known this would happen. A couple of hours after I went back inside, someone told me Bush had taken the lead. I expected to be listening to one acceptance speech or another on the drive home, having no idea it would be weeks before I heard it.

A lot of the media was definitely smug when they thought Gore would take it that night. I'm just so darn curious as to how this one will turn out!!! Hope you can get off work. this may be an exciting one!!

come on its going to take some time to get the war prepared. give them a few days. well then again if Kerry is behind in the polls the week or so before then the left wing nut jobs might have enough time to prepare.

As for me. im going to probably be studying for my torts class or something and then mocking libs online who think the American people are stupid for not agreeing with them.

Dude, it is "Right wing nut jobs" and "liberal weinies"

Get it right... :rolleyes:

I'll be drinking and calling my right wing friends to rub it in.

I'm probably going to sit in my living room and drink myself into a stupor as I watch the nation collapse into a civil war.

Ya sucks doesn't it?....not sure what to do....Man this country is in serious do-do no matter who gets elected...

On election day I'm going to be sitting around with a box of fireworks and a shotgun.

If Bush wins, I'm shooting off the fireworks.

If kerry wins, I'm blowing a hole in the f****** television.

Merlin1047 said:
On election day I'm going to be sitting around with a box of fireworks and a shotgun.

If Bush wins, I'm shooting off the fireworks.

If kerry wins, I'm blowing a hole in the f****** television.

I'm with you!!

:beer: :2guns: :bat:

I will be drinking one way or the other... in celebration if Bush wins, in misery if Kerry pulls it out... either way I'm not going to work the next day! :beer:

I plan to put the kids to bed early and stay up for the long haul ! :banana:

I remember last election I fell asleep at like 3 in the morning ! Then up by 6 watching the circus begin !

It would be cool to get a USMB party going on Election night ! :beer:

moi said:
Moi said:
Sitting home polishing my gun. If Kerry wins, I'll be loading it.

You are happy with Bush's gun history? he has not removed ONE SINGLE unconstitutional gun law. There is one that is up for an expiration thanks to a sunset clause. The assualt weapon ban however is yet another liberal law that Bush supports. He is pushing for congress to RENEW the assualt weapon ban. This is the same ban that the GOP blasted Clinton for for years. Why the silence when it is Bush supporting it?

Liberalism is no better just because a republican is supporting it.

Travis

Forum List

Back