What are those evangelical Christians really up to?

Even Christian's can have motives that aren't entirely pure, as they are weak, leaky, clay vessels that need constant replenishing from above.

This "clay vessels" stuff is gnosticism/noahidism. Just so you all know.

How is this gnosticism/noahidism?

The jars of clay metaphor is from the talmud, as far as I know.

Both gnosticism and noahidism position jesus as just another rabbi teaching holy stuff, not the savior of mankind.

Both gnosticism and noahidism position jesus as just another rabbi teaching holy stuff, not the savior of mankind.

Could very well be.......bnut this has no bearing on Christians or their everyday life. Just a religion that believes something different. Maybe the Wiccans are trying to take over the world too lol.

You could easily make the argument that Christians are trying to take over the world too. All depends on your frame of reference.

Could very well be.......bnut this has no bearing on Christians or their everyday life. Just a religion that believes something different. Maybe the Wiccans are trying to take over the world too lol.

Yes. Different religions that believe something different. This is what I've been saying.

That's just sad. You take a VERY good example of how God shapes our direction - our spiritual growth - and write it off because of ...what? What's your good reason?

These are from the NT...

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure [God's Light] in jars of clay [our bodies] to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:6-7)

In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work. (2 Timothy 2:20-21)

These are from the NT...

I will see what I can find. There is something to this jar of clay stuff. Im not saying it's not in the NT at all.

oh. Here's something from the Babylonian Talmud (Talmud Bavli)

http://www.what-if.net/cgi-bin/bethimmanuel/articles/newsscript.pl?record=8
The Emperor's daughter said to Rabbi Yehoshua ben Chananiah: "What beautiful Torah in an ugly vessel." He replied, "Learn from the house of your father. In what is the wine stored?" "In jars of clay," she answered. "But all the common people store their wine in jars of clay! You use them too? You should keep your wine in jars of gold and silver!" She went and had the wine placed in vessels of gold and silver, and it turned sour. "Thus," said he to her, "It is the same with Torah!" She asked, "But are there not handsome people who are learned?" He replied, "If they were ugly they would be even more learned!" (Talmud Bavli Nedarim 50b)

There's also some good essays on this page along with this quote.

I will see what I can find. There is something to this jar of clay stuff. Im not saying it's not in the NT at all.

oh. Here's something from the Babylonian Talmud (Talmud Bavli)

There's also some good essays on this page along with this quote.

I bet the Talmud also talks about Sandals and donkeys and food and wine. All those things on your 'sinful' list?

I've noticed some posters are offended by rtwngAvngr's post above.
Gnosis is a legititmate religion. It should have been the dominate religion instead of Christianity or Judaism for that matter, hell throw in Islam as well.

The problem with the three major religions, ie Christianity, Judaism and Islam is that they are all militant and bring nothing but heartache and grief to the world with all their killings and torturings.

Forum List

Back