What are those evangelical Christians really up to?

OCA: Eightball thinks you are a conspiracy whackjob:

I would rather say that maybe this person is misled, and with some open-mindedness or further investigation might reconsider their firm stand and alarm concerning this this Jewish conspiracy. :happy2:

I think we all can agree that those movies out there that promote fictional or semi fictional conspiratorial themes...like, "National Treasure", "Da Vinci Code", "Indiana Jones, The Last Crusade", have a universal appeal in all of us to some extent. Hidden mysteries, reserved for the elect few, and now revealed to us all are hard to pass by.

The downer, is, they just don't occur in the frequency that Hollywood, or other media sources would want you to believe.

There may truly be a few folks that want the whole world encompassed some day in Judaism, with an elite class of Rabbi's holding the power. I just don't see that as an imminent threat, compared with the Islamic religion's sometimes subtle/covert, and often-times aggressive moves on world-wide humanity.
This topic is getting tiring. How did we get here?:happy2:

And again, this court, if it exists, effects you how?

There's no IF about it.

http://www.lamblion.com/articles/prophecy/Jews-Israel/Jews-17.php
On October 13, 2004, the Sanhedrin Council of the Jewish nation was reconstituted for the first time in 1,600 years. The ceremony took place in the Israeli town of Tiberias, located on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee. This was the site of the council’s last meeting in the year 425 AD.

This incredible development, largely ignored by the press, appears to be one more step toward the construction of a Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

And I'm not gladdened by the establishment of any theocratic court anywhere. So i guess the effect is "not gladdened".

I would rather say that maybe this person is misled, and with some open-mindedness or further investigation might reconsider their firm stand and alarm concerning this this Jewish conspiracy. :happy2:

I think we all can agree that those movies out there that promote fictional or semi fictional conspiratorial themes...like, "National Treasure", "Da Vinci Code", "Indiana Jones, The Last Crusade", have a universal appeal in all of us to some extent. Hidden mysteries, reserved for the elect few, and now revealed to us all are hard to pass by.

The downer, is, they just don't occur in the frequency that Hollywood, or other media sources would want you to believe.

There may truly be a few folks that want the whole world encompassed some day in Judaism, with an elite class of Rabbi's holding the power. I just don't see that as an imminent threat, compared with the Islamic religion's sometimes subtle/covert, and often-times aggressive moves on world-wide humanity.
This topic is getting tiring. How did we get here?:happy2:

Now here's the act II mindf*cker: Maimonides believes Islam to be a noahide compliant religion.

If I'm somewhat correct, the world doesn't become Jewish if the Jews rebuild their temple, according to the book of Revelations. What does happen, is a person called Anti-Christ will reside in it, and at Jerusalem, and this person will be erroneously hailed by the multitudes as the 2nd coming of the Messiah(Christ). 3 1/2 years will be peaceful, then the next 3 1/2 years he will lay siege upon all those who don't take the "mark", or believers, whether Jew or gentile.

Rebuilding of the temple will just indicate to the biblically-well read, that world history is drawing to an "adieu" via God's plan.

If I'm somewhat correct, the world doesn't become Jewish if the Jews rebuild their temple, according to the book of Revelations. What does happen, is a person called Anti-Christ will reside in it, and at Jerusalem, and this person will be erroneously hailed by the multitudes as the 2nd coming of the Messiah(Christ). 3 1/2 years will be peaceful, then the next 3 1/2 years he will lay siege upon all those who don't take the "mark", or believers, whether Jew or gentile.

Rebuilding of the temple will just indicate to the biblically-well read, that world history is drawing to an "adieu" via God's plan.

Right. The noahide theocracy movement with moshiach (jewish messiah/antichrist) at the helm will be fleeting, hopefully, but the VISION of it and DOCTRINAL SUPPORT for it is fully real "olam ha ba" they call it . I think we should fight it anyway. At the very least, we shouldn't be assisting it's construction. IMHO.

What have I done to anyone here?
Your contempt for anyone who doesn't agree verbatim with your message and/or method of delivery is disgusting.

I know, I know, play the innocence card:

"who? Me? Asshole? Whaaa??? Where? YOU HATE ME BECAUSE I SPEAK THE TRUTH!"

Your contempt for anyone who doesn't agree verbatim with your message and/or method of delivery is disgusting.

I know, I know, play the innocence card:

"who? Me? Asshole? Whaaa??? Where? YOU HATE ME BECAUSE I SPEAK THE TRUTH!"

The only contempt is coming from those who seem the hate the true teachings of the church. The old covenant was fulfilled in christ. That's the christian teaching. I'm sorry. And people who hate that truth should just find a new faith. I think noahidism is what they're looking for.

We support Israel because:
1. We agreed to at the end of WW2.
2. The Jews are God's chosen people, even if they don't believe in Christ.
3. Christians are tolerant of others, and actively work to befriend their enemies.

I don't agree. The coming of Christ nullified this assertion because his message made it possible for all peoples to know God through him.

And even if Jews were the chosen, golden children, that is not something the US would have based its foreign policy on. That's crazy talk. The reason the US coddled Israel following WWII and the reason the state of Israel was even created was to ensure a safe-haven for Jews following the holocaust. Our current alliance with Israel was just grandfathered from that period--not to mention, Israel is the only western-style government in the Middle East. That's why we're allies with Israel, not because of some half-baked mysticism.

As for the "tolerance" :rolleyes: displayed by today's Christians, I think that the mere fact that there was even a discussion about writing a ban on gay marriage into the US Constitution speaks for itself.

We support Israel because:
1. We agreed to at the end of WW2.
2. The Jews are God's chosen people, even if they don't believe in Christ.
3. Christians are tolerant of others, and actively work to befriend their enemies.

Oh yeah... I was going to respond to this, but I got distracted. :)

The bolded portion is the only one I agree with as to why our nation should support Israel.

The Jews were God's chosen people. What were they chosen FOR? Because of Abraham's faithfulness to God, God chose to remain faithful to A's descendents. God kept the knowledge of Himself and His plan for humanity alive through the Jews, until such time as His plan would be fulfilled. That time came when Jesus accomplished His work. Not ALL Jews were "chosen" because not all remained faithful to God. Just the race in general was kept together for God's purposes. Once Jesus finished His job, the purpose of the Jewish "chosen-ness" was ended.

Christians should be tolerant, in the classic definition of the word. Christians should forgive and pray for their enemies. However, Christians are not bound to befriend their enemies, nor allow them to quash Christianity in the name of false peace.

Forum List

Back