What are the OWS protestors so angry about?

Bush lowered taxes for the rich and defunded the government.

Then Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivative Ponzi scheme which destroyed the world economy.

The government then had to bail out the banks, so they would start lending again.

But because Bush defunded the government, the government had to borrow money from the banks in the form of Treasuries.

So the bankers got their tax rate cut, then stole money which the government replaced, and now the Fed is loaning them money at 0% which they are loaning back to the government and earning interest on.

Is this a great country or what?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you think "or what".:D

It's a great country.....if you work on Wall Street.

Wake up you f***wits.

>Here's what the Wall Street protestors are so angry about<

Check out the charts, and then please justify your stupidity. Cos you must be stupid; if not you will be one of the 2% laughing all the way to the bank, and you would have better things to do than post brain-washed anti-OWS propaganda on this forum.

If you don't get the graphs then please continue with your inbreeding program.

Please learn how to read and interpret graphs and numbers. A graph is NOT a fact. It is by definition a manipulation of data. You can show many different looks with the same data. I'm not gonna copy them all up here... BUT

For instance -- there's one Corporate Profit graph that looks like a rocket taking off. Prepare the Guillotines!!!! But wait -- That one can't be controlled for "constant dollars" because in 1950 or so it shows TOTAL corporate profits of only 10 Billion.. No inflation adjustment. Fudged data. So you go to another more REALISTIC Corporate profit graph which is normalized by GDP -- that's more realistic and it shows a historical average of about 6% going up to 10% today.. KILL THE BASTARDS!!!

BUt wait. THere's a huge discontinuity about 2002 -- What's the deal with THAT??? Well THERE'S the effect of off-shoring. A practice that also dramatically reduced the price of goods. But it's ALSO because of massive consolidation in mergers and acquistions. A practice that is ENCOURAGED by higher barriers to market entry caused by regulation and making it more difficult to reduce the hungry competitive SMALLER corporations which are becoming an endandered species in America. So instead of capital flowing to NEW ventures -- it gets hosed up into corporate cash sitting at the giants feet.

And actually several other of the graphs are open to interpretation rather than damning evidence of how Capitalism is doomed. One shows "hourly earnings" RISING from a dramatic low of about $16/hr in 1993 to a RESPECTABLE GAIN of $18.50 by early 2000. The same period in which the CORPORATE PROFITS took it's leap.

For the one about CEO pay -- If you're interested in VALID REASONS why CEO PAY may have increased 4 or 5 fold --- I've done that at http://www.usmessageboard.com/4259925-post1.html Also shows similiar increases in Millionaire pay for Sports Figures, Artists, Entertainers during the same exact period.. Please contribute to that thread if you disagree with any of the valid for increased CEO compensation..

Too complicated to take at face value. Give the numbers the respect they deserve and try to figure out ALL the variables that they represent..

Yes --- I'm quoting myself. Because most of time -- when you actually RESPOND to the OP you end up talking to yourself on USMB.. Especially it seems on lefty threads that just toss stuff out to see if it flies. Even BettD gets it !! :tongue: (compliment)

I'm working too hard.. I think I'll just dial back to one-liners..

Last edited:
Bush lowered taxes for the rich and defunded the government.

Then Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivative Ponzi scheme which destroyed the world economy.

The government then had to bail out the banks, so they would start lending again.

But because Bush defunded the government, the government had to borrow money from the banks in the form of Treasuries.

So the bankers got their tax rate cut, then stole money which the government replaced, and now the Fed is loaning them money at 0% which they are loaning back to the government and earning interest on.

Is this a great country or what?

The Government played a major role in that Ponzi Scheme. We are not blind to that. Government needs to slow down on the spending of other peoples money. The ACORN Spawn are good for hundreds of millions, at the least. The more they do, the more it costs the Tax Payer, redistributing wealth. It's a scam. Wake up. You need to encourage Small Enterprise, not Punish achievement. Stop lying to yourself.

Forum List

Back