What are the odd quirks of your pet?

It's one of these. In fact, it is exactly like this one. He loves it so much. He will run around me in circles with it in his mouth and stop and swing it around. So funny. That bunny makes me smile and laugh. That is the good thing about pets. They make you happy.

m_5756fe28ea3f36c18f005b8a.jpg

Honestly, I didn't know rabbits would have that sort of personality,.... outside of the cartoons that is! It's very eye opening

I should take a video of him one of these days. Here is a video of a random rabbit playing with a toy, which is pretty similar to what my rabbit does.

I think animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for though. I saw a thing on TV the other day that was saying dogs can read our body language and they know how we are feeling by our body language, tone of voice, etc. So when you are feeling sad and it seems as if your animal is trying to comfort you, that might be exactly what he is doing! :)

My dog bites his nails.

He also likes to stuff his head into (his) people's sleeves.

And if he wants to sit on the chair he just climbs up on top of me and situates himself along the side. He's about 75 lbs maybe more.

You got a big one... mines only about 58
Snoopers loves his chow. And everybody else's, too.

I keep Atilla, lean and mean ( not really mean) . No people food for him. only a little bit of the raw lambs heart or liver from the freezer. He needs to keep his good form for the field, though this year he has sprained his right front ankle 3 times because he likes to go arial. Damn, I never even knew dogs had ankles until he did that... turns out now I have found that its a common problem with Pit type dogs... they need to do warm ups before their extreme sports. He never did it before but I expect it may be happening because hes getting a little older.

My dog will watch TV for hours

anything in particular?

She likes commercials for some reason. Other than that Lassie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Santa paws or anything with animals in it

I often wonder if they can really differentiate objects on the screen. Mine doesn't pay much attention to the tv for some reason though.
She barks at other dogs on the screen

anything in particular?

She likes commercials for some reason. Other than that Lassie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Santa paws or anything with animals in it

I often wonder if they can really differentiate objects on the screen. Mine doesn't pay much attention to the tv for some reason though.

image.jpg

My dog watching TV

anything in particular?

View attachment 169970

My dog watching TV

Is that one of those Australian shepards?

anything in particular?

View attachment 169970

My dog watching TV

Yes

View attachment 169970

My dog watching TV

Yes

Yeah, thought so. This business used to have one in their office and every time i was in there it would try to herd me right out the door. Smart dogs, i could see why it barks at the TV

View attachment 169970

My dog watching TV

Yes

Yeah, thought so. This business used to have one in their office and every time i was in there it would try to herd me right out the door. Smart dogs, i could see why it barks at the TV
She used to herd my kids to bed and herd me off to work

View attachment 169970

My dog watching TV

Yes

She used to herd my kids to bed and herd me off to work

this is not a political thread but I think they could use one of those dogs in the Senate or House so when the speaker refuses to leave the podium, they just send the dog out, herd them right back up the isle.

My dog bites his nails.

And if he wants to sit on the chair he just climbs up on top of me and situates himself along the side. He's about 75 lbs maybe more.

I keep Atilla, lean and mean ( not really mean) . No people food for him. only a little bit of the raw lambs heart or liver from the freezer. He needs to keep his good form for the field, though this year he has sprained his right front ankle 3 times because he likes to go arial. Damn, I never even knew dogs had ankles until he did that... turns out now I have found that its a common problem with Pit type dogs... they need to do warm ups before their extreme sports. He never did it before but I expect it may be happening because hes getting a little older.

SNoop didn't used to get people food, but we lost that battle some time ago.

My dog bites his nails.

What sport?

Snoop was actually much stiffer when he was younger. He had to have help getting up on the beds, and down from them and I had to lift him into the car. Not any more. I haven't truly figured out why.

I had a dog once, a Pomeranian, that would climb up to the back of my couch and sleep on her back. Just like Snoopy on his doghouse.
My cat sleeps like that on top of my gun safe.

I guess this is when he feels like he is on top of the world.

My dog bites his nails.

What sport?

Snoop was actually much stiffer when he was younger. He had to have help getting up on the beds, and down from them and I had to lift him into the car. Not any more. I haven't truly figured out why.

Not really a sport... he just goes after the ball at 100% then if it bounces in the air he goes up with it. It was never a problem before, but i think he must be getting older, thats why hes spraining the ankle when he comes down.
maybe your dog had a food allergy. My neighbors almost put their little dog down because it lost the use of its back leggs and had to wear diapers. They ended up taking him off commercial dog food and put him on table scraps.. hes been 100% back to normal for 3 years now

My dog bites his nails.

What sport?

Not really a sport... he just goes after the ball at 100% then if it bounces in the air he goes up with it. It was never a problem before, but i think he must be getting older, thats why hes spraining the ankle when he comes down.
maybe your dog had a food allergy. My neighbors almost put their little dog down because it lost the use of its back leggs and had to wear diapers. They ended up taking him off commercial dog food and put him on table scraps.. hes been 100% back to normal for 3 years now
I honestly have no idea what it was...but he's good to go now. I think it was a combination of things, honestly. Among them his previous owner (my son) exercised him too rigorously. I think it actually may have given him arthritis when he was young. But nowadays, he isn't anywhere near as stiff and creaky as he used to be, so I'm happy.

I just noticed this today.... My dog either has a strange reverence or fear of guitars.
He has an obsession with fetch and return of the ball, normally I do not allow the ball inside the house because if it rolls under a sofa or cabinet he will make short work of it in trying to get to the ball, he would chew through a 4x4 to get to his ball. Not pretty.

today a mistake was made and the ball was allowed inside the house, though luckily it didn't roll under any furniture .... instead it rolled up against an acoustic guitar that was leaning up against the wall. It was brought to my attention when working outside, I heard the dog barking Non- stop and loud.... I go in the house and the ball is sitting right there for the taking, just touching the guitar but he wont get it with even his paw... ( mind you, this is the dog who knows how to open the sliding glass door) but he's sitting back 3 feet away mesmerized and barking. I tested it out and sure enough, when I move the guitar towards him he backs away...
course, it could be just his way of telling me I've been playing out of key..

Any one else have pets with strange behavior?

I had a dog when I was a kid that would take one piece of kibble out of her bowl and set it down right in front of her.she would do this after eating all of her food. God help you if you touched it. She also had this little food dance and bark she would do.

jrt/satan mix....barks just barks .....yesterday he was jumping up and down near the wood stove and hit his head on the mitten rack and then barked at it for a while....he jumps and jumps and jumps

now i have an old cat....clark....they get along but seemed surprised to be near one another

I've never owned a dog except for one day. I would love to get a puppy. They are a lot of work though. I'm not at home a lot, so that could be a problem. I can't imagine having to leave a puppy alone in the house when I leave. I could get a kennel, but that is kind of mean, I think.

Forum List

Back