What Are The Most Recent Church Lies?

Beats me but until the Church has a police force and thousands of other people with guns and badges to enforce their will on people I'll continue to be more concerned about government lies.

News Flash*- The catholic church headquarters(you know the Vatican),is an independent country of and in itself and does have a police force.

Another one liner. You people either know nothing about what's in the bible or you have carpel tunnel syndrome and it hurts you to key a line or two.

I've forgotten more of what's written in the Bible than you currently know.

Hell Fire....Prove it! Spout off a few lines and I'll check you out. Cyber Ink is cheap and lasts a long time.

I started reading about religion when I was a teenager. My mother and sister saw me reading the Book of Mormon while I was still at home and told me to either get that book out of the house or leave myself. My maternal grandmother tried her best to brainwash me with that set of Jewish tales.

I didn't respond to "Jesus Loves Me This I Know, For The Bible Tells Me So" the way I was supposed to.

I stopped about ten years ago but during all those years before that I continued to investigate all the religious beliefs of the world. I have read the bible through and have read the new testament no less than ten times with concordances close by for additional information and opinion. I have read excerpts from Qu'ran, the Vedas, the Sutras, the (Prayers, Meditations and Direction from Sahib) etc. Some about Buddhism although in my opinion that is hardly a religion. It's more like a personal guide.

I do not believe that any of the writings by men are inspired by a creator. I do not believe that the wanderings of early, half civilized mankind and their new and developing imagination is anything more than their dreams and yes...outright hallucinations. Anybody who studies Revelations should quickly figure out that John was exiled, ill and delusional. Do you realize that none of the new testament was written till about 40-50 years after Jesus died? Do you realize that the six known historians who were alive while Jesus was doing his thing never mentioned the first miracle? Do you realize that it was nearly a thousand years after the new testament was written that most of mankind stopped defecating on the ground and wiping himself on his hand? The men who wrote the bible thought the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. They knew no more about a star in the sky than my dog. They had no idea of what a germ or bacteria were and consequently believed that illness was a punishment by god.They believed in miracles, magic, ghosts, witchcraft, demon possession, exorcism, healing, resurrection, slavery and the subjugation of women.

Some religions believe they will join their honorable ancestors if they live a good life. Some believe they will live multiple lives on this planet...gradually ascending to a perfect state of being. Some believe they will return as a snake or bird. Some believe they will have special rewards in the hereafter like virgins assigned to them for all eternity. Some believe they will join god on gossimer wings and pass through pearly gates and walk streets paved with gold while those who disagree with their faith will be burning in a lake of fire and brimstone for all eternity...in my opinion the most arrogant religious belief of all.

There are more than 4,000 documented ways to believe in a supreme being and not a way to prove one. If you take one of those 4,000 and investigate it, Christianity, there are more than 44,000 denominations, sects, clans etc. If it's so important, why is it so complicated and confusing? In my opinion religion is divisive and as long as different cultures believe "God Is On Their Side" there will always be wars and terrorism and hatred among mankind when they should be getting treatment to the diseased and food to the starving.

I studied the new testament for most of my life and was baptized when when I was 22 years old. I lived in the ways of the church for almost forty years. I made an honest effort to believe the bible and if I live to 100 there's no way I ever could. It's not in me. I'm an analyst. As soon as someone tells me something I immediately begin to run all the possibilities through my mind to determine if it sounds like a truth which can be proven. If it doesn't sound reasonable...I investigate it and if is in fact unreasonable I put it on the back burner. In my lifetime I have never seen or heard of anything which actually happened which could not be proven by circumstances, calculation, extrapolation and/or reasoning using mathmatics, chemistry...all the physical laws, axioms, postulates, etc. which have always been there but were discovered at various times in the past by mankind. I do not believe in devine intervention at any level. I am what's commonly known as an agnostic. Lately I've become a militant agnostic. When I can't even attend a NASCAR race without some half educated bible thumper standing up and asking god to bless the drivers and crews...CAN IT!!Those people are making millions of dollars a year while there are over 900,000,000 people starving to death or suffering from the complications of malnutirtion...by default nearly all of them are children.

I do not believe in virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, resurrection and I for sure do not believe that 5000 hungry men, plus women and children who also ate, were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were gathered.

Prove how much I've forgotten?

That's hilarious!!!

Your belief are lack thereof proves nothing.

So. You don't believe. I could care less.

But why as a non-believer, do you put so much energy into a topic that you no longer, believe in?

Why don't you just live and let live and STFU about what others believe?

I've forgotten more of what's written in the Bible than you currently know.

Hell Fire....Prove it! Spout off a few lines and I'll check you out. Cyber Ink is cheap and lasts a long time.

I started reading about religion when I was a teenager. My mother and sister saw me reading the Book of Mormon while I was still at home and told me to either get that book out of the house or leave myself. My maternal grandmother tried her best to brainwash me with that set of Jewish tales.

I didn't respond to "Jesus Loves Me This I Know, For The Bible Tells Me So" the way I was supposed to.

I stopped about ten years ago but during all those years before that I continued to investigate all the religious beliefs of the world. I have read the bible through and have read the new testament no less than ten times with concordances close by for additional information and opinion. I have read excerpts from Qu'ran, the Vedas, the Sutras, the (Prayers, Meditations and Direction from Sahib) etc. Some about Buddhism although in my opinion that is hardly a religion. It's more like a personal guide.

I do not believe that any of the writings by men are inspired by a creator. I do not believe that the wanderings of early, half civilized mankind and their new and developing imagination is anything more than their dreams and yes...outright hallucinations. Anybody who studies Revelations should quickly figure out that John was exiled, ill and delusional. Do you realize that none of the new testament was written till about 40-50 years after Jesus died? Do you realize that the six known historians who were alive while Jesus was doing his thing never mentioned the first miracle? Do you realize that it was nearly a thousand years after the new testament was written that most of mankind stopped defecating on the ground and wiping himself on his hand? The men who wrote the bible thought the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. They knew no more about a star in the sky than my dog. They had no idea of what a germ or bacteria were and consequently believed that illness was a punishment by god.They believed in miracles, magic, ghosts, witchcraft, demon possession, exorcism, healing, resurrection, slavery and the subjugation of women.

Some religions believe they will join their honorable ancestors if they live a good life. Some believe they will live multiple lives on this planet...gradually ascending to a perfect state of being. Some believe they will return as a snake or bird. Some believe they will have special rewards in the hereafter like virgins assigned to them for all eternity. Some believe they will join god on gossimer wings and pass through pearly gates and walk streets paved with gold while those who disagree with their faith will be burning in a lake of fire and brimstone for all eternity...in my opinion the most arrogant religious belief of all.

There are more than 4,000 documented ways to believe in a supreme being and not a way to prove one. If you take one of those 4,000 and investigate it, Christianity, there are more than 44,000 denominations, sects, clans etc. If it's so important, why is it so complicated and confusing? In my opinion religion is divisive and as long as different cultures believe "God Is On Their Side" there will always be wars and terrorism and hatred among mankind when they should be getting treatment to the diseased and food to the starving.

I studied the new testament for most of my life and was baptized when when I was 22 years old. I lived in the ways of the church for almost forty years. I made an honest effort to believe the bible and if I live to 100 there's no way I ever could. It's not in me. I'm an analyst. As soon as someone tells me something I immediately begin to run all the possibilities through my mind to determine if it sounds like a truth which can be proven. If it doesn't sound reasonable...I investigate it and if is in fact unreasonable I put it on the back burner. In my lifetime I have never seen or heard of anything which actually happened which could not be proven by circumstances, calculation, extrapolation and/or reasoning using mathmatics, chemistry...all the physical laws, axioms, postulates, etc. which have always been there but were discovered at various times in the past by mankind. I do not believe in devine intervention at any level. I am what's commonly known as an agnostic. Lately I've become a militant agnostic. When I can't even attend a NASCAR race without some half educated bible thumper standing up and asking god to bless the drivers and crews...CAN IT!!Those people are making millions of dollars a year while there are over 900,000,000 people starving to death or suffering from the complications of malnutirtion...by default nearly all of them are children.

I do not believe in virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, resurrection and I for sure do not believe that 5000 hungry men, plus women and children who also ate, were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were gathered.

That's hilarious!!!

But why as a non-believer, do you put so much energy into a topic that you no longer, believe in?

I spent most of my life putting up with that horse shit. My maternal grandmother used to tell me "Ol Scratch" will get you if I did something a little naughty as early as four or five years old. My 3rd and 4th grade teachers at Milan, TN started the day with the lord's prayer and pledge of allegiance and assigned each one in the class a bible verse to memorize and recite to the class on Thursday or Friday. Let them try that shit now!!

Ancient god worship is on it's way out and I will contribute as much as I can to stop the 2000 year old lies from spreading further. I've already got the assurance of two of my teen aged grandsons that they will never have any part of it. Without the continuous lying of one generation to the next while they are innocent children that illogical collection of myths, fables and outright lies will die. It damn sure won't die too soon for me.

Last edited:

That's hilarious!!!

I spent most of my life putting up with that horse shit. My maternal grandmother used to tell me "Ol Scratch" will get you if I did something a little naughty as early as four or five years old. My 3rd and 4th grade teachers at Milan, TN started the day with the lord's prayer and pledge of allegiance and assigned each one in the class a bible verse to memorize and recite to the class on Thursday or Friday. Let them try that shit now!!

Ancient god worship is on it's way out and I will contribute as much as I can to stop the 2000 year old lies from spreading further. I've already got the assurance of two of my teen aged grandsons that they will never have any part of it. Without the continuous lying of one generation to the next while they are innocent children that illogical collection of myths, fables and outright lies will die. It damn sure won't die too soon for me.

So what is your answers to my questions?

That's hilarious!!!

Your questions.......you must have your head up your ass further than I thought. Anything my epistles didn't answer for you...make up something. I'm tired of messing around with these teen age attitudes.

Last edited:

Your questions.......you must have your head up your ass further than I thought. Anything my epistles didn't answer for you...make up something. I'm tired of messing around with these teen age attitudes.

Yes the questions I asked and you failed to answer.

Why do you have a teenage attitude?

I have a teen age attitude? 60 years ago I wrote a 5000 word theme which was a requirement for my high school granduation. I received a B+ on that little jewel. I would like to call your attention........if you're capable of paying that...to the one I wrote a couple of hours ago:

Last edited:
"America was founded as a Christian nation"

Really?

Has it ever occurred to you that the new testament nor Jesus were ever mentioned in the Declaration or the Constitution? The forebears believed in the god of nature.....more like the religion of Native Americans than any other. The idea that this is a Christian nation is a load of bullshit just like the religion itself.

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding"
~Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823~

Kinda' interesting that the third president of the United States felt comfortable saying that to the second. Also....George Washington attended church so seldom that he was criticized for it.

"The doctrine of the divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for
absurdity."
~John Adans~

Adams signed the Treaty of Tripoli. Article 11 states:
"The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the
Christian religion."[/
I]

Here's Thomas Paine:
"I would not dare to so dishonor my Creator God by attaching His name to
the Bible."

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have
been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth."
~Thomas Jefferson~

"And in a government of opinion, like ours, the only effectual guard must be found in the soundness and stability of the general opinion on the subject. Every new & successful example therefore of a perfect separation between ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance. And I have no doubt that every new example, will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together" ~James Madison~
Letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my Church. ~Thomas Paine~

Last edited:

I have a teen age attitude? 60 years ago I wrote a 5000 word theme which was a requirement for my high school granduation. I received a B+ on that little jewel. I would like to call your attention........if you're capable of paying that...to the one I wrote a couple of hours ago:

After all this my question is still unanswered.

Try this answer.....maybe it will work:

Has it ever occurred to you that the new testament nor Jesus were ever mentioned in the Declaration or the Constitution? The forebears believed in the god of nature.....more like the religion of Native Americans than any other. The idea that this is a Christian nation is a load of bullshit just like the religion itself.

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding"

Kinda' interesting that the third president of the United States felt comfortable saying that to the second. Also....George Washington attended church so seldom that he was criticized for it.

absurdity."
~John Adans~

Christian religion."[/
I]

Here's Thomas Paine:
the Bible."

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have
been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth."
~Thomas Jefferson~

"And in a government of opinion, like ours, the only effectual guard must be found in the soundness and stability of the general opinion on the subject. Every new & successful example therefore of a perfect separation between ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance. And I have no doubt that every new example, will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together" ~James Madison~

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my Church. ~Thomas Paine~

absurdity."
~John Adans~

Christian religion."[/
I]

Here's Thomas Paine:
the Bible."

~Thomas Jefferson~

Apparently you forgot my question.

absurdity."
~John Adans~

Christian religion."[/
I]

Here's Thomas Paine:
the Bible."

~Thomas Jefferson~

Frankly I doubt I even noticed what it was....one liners seldom get my attention

Last edited:

absurdity."
~John Adans~

Christian religion."[/
I]

Here's Thomas Paine:
the Bible."

~Thomas Jefferson~

Frankly I doubt I even noticed what it was....one liners seldom get my attention

And he answers with a one-liner.

Nice way to avoid having to answer questions.

Keep your blinders on.

And he answers with a one-liner.

Nice way to avoid having to answer questions.

Keep your blinders on.

Listen asshole. I've researched for hours at a time and truly debated my stances. You on the other hand do jack shit and come along after the fact saying absolutely nothing. Kinda reminds me of a Republican network I know about. As a matter of fact it kinda reminds me of the Republican party.

Forum List

Back