What Are the Differences between Republicans and Democrats?

It did, I almost replied point by point.

The best (or at least most amusing) definition of the differences I have found to date goes something like this:

A conservative is a liberal who has never been arrested. A lideral is a conservative who has never been robbed.

I've heard that too. Dunno if I buy it, but it certainly sounds good.

Republicans believe we all have the right to religion, and the right not to be penalized for being Christian or Jewish or Buddhist. Democrats believe you have the right to be Buddhist or Muslim, but Christians should be kept quiet and not accomodated in any way, shape or form.
Republicans believe that we are each responsible for assisting the poor, personally. Democrats believe the poor should be labeled, warehoused, and penalized for thinking outside the box.
Republicans value ambition, the law, and welcome legal immigrants. Democrats expect tax payers to pay the price of illegal, criminal aliens and keep their mouths shut while doing it. Democrats keep racism alive by inaccurately and maliciously portraying anybody who does not sit in the front of the bus with them as racists.
Republicans make no distinction between the races. Democrats do, and never want us to forget that we are all different colors, and some are more worthy than others, despite America's best efforts to leave racism behind.

Republicans believe that people and companies which achieve success, provide jobs and materials for Americans, and who pay the majority of taxes in this country, should not be penalized for being successful. Democrats believe in penalizing anyone who achieves success, across the board, unless that entity happens to be a friend of theirs.

Republicans believe that those who aid and abet enemies of the state are treasonous. Democrats believe every citizen has the right and the duty to undermine our military and support our enemies, if in doing so they will further the democratic party.

Republicans do not believe in promoting the death of children, nor do they see pregnancy as a punishment for anyone. Republicans value life in all its forms, and believe teaching responsibility and morality to children is the best way to reduce teen pregnancy rates. Democrats believe children in general are expendable. They do not value unborn children, they do not value children or life at all, as is evidenced by their barbaric attachment to abortion in all its forms, and their refusal to punish criminals at every level.

Republicans believe that parents do have influence over their children, if they choose to effectively parent. Democrats believe the poor and uneducated are too stupid to teach their children anything, and have effectively taken that role away from them, replacing parents with rhetoric which includes the myth that sex and children go hand in hand; that people cannot rise above their urges and should not be held accountable; and that drugs and surgery can fix any mistake a child makes.

I could go on, and will, if asked.

heir defense of criminals at every level.

You are the kind of persona that Niel Boortz would not want voting, Allie..

Lucky for you the liebrals wont let a conservative in lbertarian clothing do that to people like you.

Correct spelling: Neal Boortz.

I looked him up. On my brief fly-by of his site, I didn't see any racist rants or anything else that raised my hackles, nor did I see anything that hinted at the desire to silence undesirables (stop people from voting).
I did see he has Ayn Rand's quote as one of his faves, which makes me think he can't be all bad.

"America's abundance was created not by public sacrifices to 'the common good,' but by the productive genius of free men who pursued their own personal interests and the making of their own private fortunes. They did not starve the people to pay for America's industrialization. They gave the people better jobs, higher wages and cheaper goods with every new machine they invented, with every scientific discovery or technological advance -- and thus the whole country was moving forward and profiting, not suffering, every step of the way." [Ayn Rand]

I love Ayn Rand, too. She's certainly better than the founder of Planned Parenthood, who was a proponent of eugenics.

http://boortz.com/index.html

for me, it's less entertaining than bill-o or savage but you just gotta love his smarmy attitude and blatant elitism even if he's not fooling anyone about his party affiliation. He says libertarian but he's full of shit. His favorite people are rich people and anyone pushing for the fair tax. I'll give you an example of his humor: The other day he was talking about the missing Holy Prepuce and he asked his sidekick if he knew what it was. His sidekick answered, "sean hannity". chuckle chuckle chuckle.

I appreciate his show because there are some issues that I agree with him on regarding the application of personal liberty. However, there is more than that that i disagree with him on... like his notion that emotional women should not be allowed to vote on emotion when clinton uses tears in a campeign. Stupid people too. He doesnt' want stupid people to vote. Now, i was only joking, Allie, and besides, you are are a conservative so he'd be tickled pink if you voted.

check out the boortz faq. Hey, maybe this liberal just turned you on to something politically tasty!

Ah, so regardless of what he says, you know what he REALLY means.

Perfect liberalism. It's not about what you say or write...it's about what dems say you REALLY mean.

And the only ones who really want stupid people to vote are the dems, and they only want them because they can manipulate them into voting for dems. Because stupid people fall for their lies about what the opposition is REALLY like.

What a divisive thread.

Is there anyone in here that didn't already know this thread would eventually lead to hateful arguments?

Why bother? We all know the differences already...in Washington, there's almost none.

Ah, so regardless of what he says, you know what he REALLY means.

Perfect liberalism. It's not about what you say or write...it's about what dems say you REALLY mean.

And the only ones who really want stupid people to vote are the dems, and they only want them because they can manipulate them into voting for dems. Because stupid people fall for their lies about what the opposition is REALLY like.

Why don't you take a gander like I have before throwing a stone over something that you admit you know nothing about, eh? Indeed, I wont return the gesture and suggest that this is typical of conservatives.. THAT is perfect liberalism.

Also, just so you know, if you actually do put time into listeneing to ole neal you'll discover how stupid your last paragraph really is. These are the kinds of things that make it so easy for me to trounce you.

Have a great weekend, Alliebaba!

Three day weekend for me. And the sun is shining.

Gotta give it to the libs...they treat their gov't employees VERY well.

hehehehe...

well, I hope you enjoy your weekend.

How is it that you are a conservative working as a government employee and I'm a liberal embedded in private business?

I love America!

And I get paid for those holidays, too. Not alot, but it beats working for the paper.

Youll appreciate this:

My minority owned company celebrates 6 holidays each year.

MLK day is not one of them.

HAHAHAHAHA!
Na na na na na...

But don't feel too bad. I'll be watching kids and doing laundry.

A Democrat or a Republican?
By Larry Elder, Yahoo News
January 17, 2008

"I'm writing to you on behalf of my son. In the simplest form, what are the main differences between today's Democrats and Republicans? I get too complicated with my explanations. I don't think these kids really know the difference and just vote for a candidate because he is young or female, etc. Can you help?"

Sure.

What Republicans Believe, What Democrats Believe

Republicans believe hard work wins, and government should allow you — to the fullest extent possible — to keep what you earn. Democrats believe that success results from luck, chance and happenstance, and therefore a just government takes from those who have and gives to those who do not.

Republicans believe in a colorblind society determined by drive, work ethic and talent. Democrats want a color-coordinated society. This explains the support for race and gender-based preferences to "correct" past sins and to create "diversity."

Republicans believe discrimination to fix previous discrimination remains discrimination, and that all a government can be is just in its own time. Democrats wish to use government to "rectify" past wrongs, which they hold responsible for today's "inequities."

for full article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20080117/cm_uc_crlelx/op_244983
Republicans will screw you...Democrats will screw you slow.

What a shallow discussion. Shame on you all.

What a divisive thread.

Is there anyone in here that didn't already know this thread would eventually lead to hateful arguments?

What a bunch of sanctimonious posters we have here. Give me a break, one only has to read Doug's post to wonder if he know which kettle is which.

And who threw the first stone. Liberals need to do what Kerry didn't do, talk back to nonsense, and do it fairly and squarely or at least similarly. :rofl:

Forum List

Back