What are some Green Industries?

Needyou527

Rookie
Mar 8, 2012
I have a project in my Environmental Science class. My group has to create a city (we get a map and we have to place residential,industrial areas etc.) The goal is to be build the most environmentally friendly city. My job in the group is the economics/industry section. I just don't know what industries are green or environmentally friendly. It seems like everything produces pollution or harms the environment. All I can think of is clothing industry, but I'm not even sure about that. Banking maybe.? As you can see I am very lost. Any good suggestions on clean industries or businesses that make profit and keep the environment clean? And I don't mean energy sources such as solar power, wind turbines, etc

Last edited:
There are many newer or not new really because these building techniques have been around for a long time that are less wasteful and produce more efficient and safer structures than conventional building practices.

Rammed earth homes

Structural insulated panels

Then there are heating and cooling options.

Passive solar and cooling designs

Ground source heat pumps

Remember to design your city with the climate in mind.
South-southeast facing structures.
Landscaping that shields from winter winds and summer sun.
Rain-collection systems.
Roof-top gardens or greenery.
Etc.

Good luck.

I'm a green industry

i'll show you ways to make your electrical experience really green

hire me, and i'll even paint myself green, and wear a propeller beanie to your job

~S~

I have a project in my Environmental Science class. My group has to create a city (we get a map and we have to place residential,industrial areas etc.) The goal is to be build the most environmentally friendly city. My job in the group is the economics/industry section. I just don't know what industries are green or environmentally friendly. It seems like everything produces pollution or harms the environment. All I can think of is clothing industry, but I'm not even sure about that. Banking maybe.? As you can see I am very lost. Any good suggestions on clean industries or businesses that make profit and keep the environment clean? And I don't mean energy sources such as solar power, wind turbines, etc
Welcome to USMB, Needyou527. No city filled with people is environmentally friendly. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

But you are hearing some pretty good suggestions above. :)

Forum List

Back