What are Santorum's good points?

He won't be holding any office where he can spread his poison to the rest of the country.

OTOH, he probably will go on the speaking circuit but those who listen to him are likely already pretty wacko.

• Banned
He won't be holding any office where he can spread his poison to the rest of the country.

OTOH, he probably will go on the speaking circuit but those who listen to him are likely already pretty wacko.

He is not as wacko as the left make him out to be.

When I hear about some of his more questionable soundbites and go follow up on the whole story, it's usually something innocent. Better than innocent often. Often it's some sort of valid governmental principle which he was discussing.

I'm still bothered by some of the religious things he says but in context they're not anywhere near as bad as liberals try to make him sound.

Last edited:
Policy-wise, he's not as doctrinaire a fiscal conservative as some of his opponents.

The Santorum Connection. Tom Delay and Jack Abramoff went to prison for the illegal pay to play lobbyist scandal, but the liaison, Rick Santorum, went unscathed. Santorum was an integral part of the influence-peddling scandal where the more a lobbyist paid the more access they had to influence political leaders. This was known as the K Street Project. As part of this Santorum had weekly meetings with lobbyist. When the scandal broker Santorum lied by stating that he stopped having his meetings with lobbyist but his Washington staffers confirm that he continued these secret meetings.

What are his good policy points?

Where I Stand | Rick Santorum for President

No More Leading from Behind for America

My passion for protecting and preserving freedom is a gift that comes to me from my grandfather, an immigrant who brought my father to this country and whose well-weathered hands mined coal in Southwestern Pennsylvania until he was 72. He left the totalitarian regime of Mussolini's Italy to bring his family to freedom.

Unleashing America's Domestic Energy

America’s energy policy is critical to our national security and economic growth. Dependence upon foreign sources of oil limits our national security options, undermines our interests, and raises the cost of doing business in America. Unfortunately, President’s Obama’s approach has facilitated foreign dependence by restricting oil and gas drilling, making it more difficult to get nuclear permits, and picking winners and losers through failed pet energy projects. We must employ a policy that makes energy more affordable, makes our nation more secure by lessening dependence on unreliable or adversarial foreign sources, and increases conservation through efficient use and diverse energy sources. An effective energy policy will expand economic development and create high-quality jobs, resulting in a strong economy for America’s families and workers. It is time to get serious about unleashing America’s domestic energy sources.

Bold Solutions for America’s Families

I am excited about America and her future. In this election the American people have an opportunity to restore her greatness and to focus once again on protecting liberty and creating opportunity for all. No longer should it be harder for people to succeed economically than it was for their parents. No longer should upward mobility be better in parts of Europe than in America. We need a renewed focus on creating opportunity, not dividing Americans by class; on creating wealth, not distributing it; and on promoting savings rather than dependency.

ObamaRegs Versus Freedom

Healthy families and a strong economy go hand in hand, each reinforcing the other. Now more than ever before, the size and scope of federal regulation threatens the ability of Americans to create goods, provide services, and choose the household products that best suit their needs. Federal regulations extend to every aspect of modern American life, so it’s certainly no surprise that they have a very high cost for American families, including those in South Carolina.

Restoring America's Greatness Through Educational Freedom And Opportunity

Rick Santorum believes that education is the responsibility of the consumer, the parent. Putting “parents first” is how best we put “students first”. Parents have the fundamental right to direct the upbringing and education of their children with local school systems supporting, as desired. As a homeschooling parent and consumer of different schools, he has learned the importance of flexible and personalized approaches to education for each child to best maximize their potential

Spending Cuts and Entitlements Reform

Reining in Spending and Reforming Government Entitlements for Sustainable and Better Solutions for America’s Families and Future

and so on.

Politicians_Santorum%252C+Rick_dog+face-to-face-snarl.jpg

He's good with dogs.

Forum List

Back