What are robots?

Just scrolling down and noticed The Who’s on line section. X number of members, a larger number of guests, and 141 robots. What is that? 141 robots? Can someone explain?
Government agencies of different alphabets that are tracking and recording all correspondence.
Just dont type

or

and you should be fine.

Here to help.

Well thank you B. I was over my head by the second sentence. So let’s think this through. If you know they are here, why can’t you keep them out? Or is their a symbiotic relationship where google leaves you alone or at least doesn’t punish you if you let the bots in? So bots are taking my content on here and filing it away for future reference or prosecution? I wonder who has access to this.

Well thank you B. I was over my head by the second sentence. So let’s think this through. If you know they are here, why can’t you keep them out? Or is their a symbiotic relationship where google leaves you alone or at least doesn’t punish you if you let the bots in? So bots are taking my content on here and filing it away for future reference or prosecution? I wonder who has access to this.

Very simply put, bots are the search engines' way of learning what is out there on the web. The information they are gathering is how search engines deliver links to (mostly) pertinent content if you enter search terms.

That is to say, if google (and the other search engines) leave you (or anyone) alone, no one can find the content you (or anyone) posted / published. Nothing to worry about.

Very simply put, bots are the search engines' way of learning what is out there on the web. The information they are gathering is how search engines deliver links to (mostly) pertinent content if you enter search terms.

That is to say, if google (and the other search engines) leave you (or anyone) alone, no one can find the content you (or anyone) posted / published. Nothing to worry about.
I've done searches for news articles and USMB posts have popped up.

It is possible to deny Google access to this site but the consequence would be that Google doesn´t know what´s going on here and thus won´t show USMB in the search results.

Thank you olde Europe. I can understand that explanation. So does this mean shrimpbox has a slot in google search no matter how many pages back. And to add to that, do they then also know my true identity? Or will they only reference a subject I might have commented on? Or will I be left out completely and only USMB will get the credit. Last few questions. Why do they need 141 bots for this site and do they just lay dormant until google wakes them? Of course google could just pick the posts of rdean and torpedo this site. Thank you for the explanations.

Thank you olde Europe. I can understand that explanation. So does this mean shrimpbox has a slot in google search no matter how many pages back. And to add to that, do they then also know my true identity? Or will they only reference a subject I might have commented on? Or will I be left out completely and only USMB will get the credit. Last few questions. Why do they need 141 bots for this site and do they just lay dormant until google wakes them? Of course google could just pick the posts of rdean and torpedo this site. Thank you for the explanations.
You get no credit. Your identity is not uncovered. And Google is not the only one sending web crawlers.

So my privacy is protected?
No! It is just not the robots that try to harm you. I advice you to disable third party cookies, block trackers with e.g. ublock origin and not to reveal too much about yourself online. We are being monitored for the profits and I don´t want the individual ads.
In fact that is not as worse as it sounds as only software is looking at you but to me it is enough. I am not a purchase bot and I don´t want to be treated like one.

I've done searches for news articles and USMB posts have popped up.

Probably mine, amirite?

Forum List

Back