What are Obamas proposed budget cuts? & Whats his plan to fix Medicare?

Have you found a link to Obama's Medicare plan yet?

Have you tried Googling it yourself?

Obama's Medicare proposal: How would it work? - CSMonitor.com

As outlined on Wednesday, a central aspect of the president’s plan would be to double down on one of the most controversial aspects of his health-care reform law: an independent board with the power to slow costs in the Medicare system if the program’s spending rises faster than set limits.

Under the health-care law, this Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) would start to work if Medicare spending rises faster than the annual growth of the US gross domestic product, plus 1 percent.

Under the plan outlined by Obama on Wednesday, the board would act if Medicare spending rises faster than GDP plus 0.5 percent.

Now, I'm sure you will attack this for whatever reasons the voices in your head tell you to, but you can'y say he doesn't have a plan. And, it's better than Ryan's.

He should cut government employees pay & benefits.

ar128551501593894.JPG

As outlined on Wednesday, a central aspect of the president’s plan would be to double down on one of the most controversial aspects of his health-care reform law: an independent board with the power to slow costs in the Medicare system if the program’s spending rises faster than set limits.

Under the health-care law, this Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) would start to work if Medicare spending rises faster than the annual growth of the US gross domestic product, plus 1 percent.

Under the plan outlined by Obama on Wednesday, the board would act if Medicare spending rises faster than GDP plus 0.5 percent.
Now, I'm sure you will attack this for whatever reasons the voices in your head tell you to, but you can'y say he doesn't have a plan. And, it's better than Ryan's.
Slowing the rise in costs doesn't count as a spending cut.
Will this "advisory board" be working for free?

More costs
He should cut government employees pay & benefits.

ar128551501593894.JPG
In my previous quote Obama just created several MORE government jobs in that advisory board
:clap2:

No need to attack it because that's not what I asked for. I asked what his plans were to fix the program. You know, from its fall to bankruptcy?

I asked what his plans were to fix the program.

I wasn't responding to you, which you would see if you read my post. Quantum asked for a link to Obama's plan and I gave him one.

Now if you want a plan to "fix the program" I don't know that one has been presented by either party. Controlling medical costs is a very challenging thing. If it were as easy as changing your diaper, it would have been done by now.

I wasn't responding to you, which you would see if you read my post. Quantum asked for a link to Obama's plan and I gave him one.

Now if you want a plan to "fix the program" I don't know that one has been presented by either party. Controlling medical costs is a very challenging thing. If it were as easy as changing your diaper, it would have been done by now.

Do you really think your attempt to insult me validates your point in some fashion? I was hoping for an adult conversation with other adults.

Sure I can.

From your link.

If Medicare spending surpasses its targets, these people are supposed to put their heads together and come up with ways to cut the program so the costs remain under the set threshold. Their recommendations are then submitted to Congress.If lawmakers vote to approve them, and they are signed by the president, they become law. If Congress does not vote on the recommendations, they become law. If Congress votes the recommendations down, but the president vetoes what Congress did, and Congress cannot override the veto, they become law.

If you call that a pan you have no idea what the word plan means.

No need to attack it because that's not what I asked for. I asked what his plans were to fix the program. You know, from its fall to bankruptcy?

The country is not bankrupt, soryy to deter your hate for America, but the assets of the USA are far greater than the debt. The Fed reserve has the gold the US has had on deposit for many years, and its worth 12 billion alone. That is just one asset of many. Go ahead, do the research.

He calls himself Don'tBeStupid, you can't expect anything insightful from him.

If you go back and read my post you will see that I asked for his legally mandated response to the actuary's report that Medicare would be insolvent in 15 years. That means that what I asked for is actually more restrictive than what Murkel asked for, but thanks for playing.

The country is not bankrupt, soryy to deter your hate for America, but the assets of the USA are far greater than the debt. The Fed reserve has the gold the US has had on deposit for many years, and its worth 12 billion alone. That is just one asset of many. Go ahead, do the research.

Wow, $12 billion worth of gold, $14 trillion worth of debt.

FYI, that means that the treasury only needs to multiply its gold reserves by a factor of 1667 to pay of the debt.

If you call that a plan you have no idea what the word plan means.

It's more a plan to fix Medicare than the already voted on GOP plan to just scrap it all and throw it out the window.

Actually, despite the fact that I think Ryan's plan needs a lot more work to actually qualify as a plan, it at least takes serious steps to keep Medicare solvent.

If you go back and read my post you will see that I asked for his legally mandated response to the actuary's report that Medicare would be insolvent in 15 years. That means that what I asked for is actually more restrictive than what Murkel asked for, but thanks for playing.

Ok. So when I said no from either party has presented such a plan, what? That response doesn't count? I'll say it again.

As far as I know, neither party has presented a plan to "fix" Medicare and permanently set in on the path solvency.

Ok. So when I said no from either party has presented such a plan, what? That response doesn't count? I'll say it again.

As far as I know, neither party has presented a plan to "fix" Medicare and permanently set in on the path solvency.

If you can point out where I said anyone has you will have a point. As it is you just look stupid because you insisted that Obama's plan meets the criteria I laid down.

I will also point out that, despite your defense of him, Obama is required to do so by law. The Republicans are just trying to find one that does not kill them politically. If Obama actually did his job he might have the credibility to criticize Ryan. As it is, he just looks like an amateur with no clue how to do anything.

Last edited:
Can someone provide some specifics with a link please.

Well one of the things I am glad about is that he's rejected the hero of people like you, Jan Brewer, who wants to let people die.

Some of the specifics would include:

-Removing redundancy.
-Getting rid of fraud.
-Getting the best price on drugs.

Letting kids and seniors die..despite your wishes..is not an option.

Well one of the things I am glad about is that he's rejected the hero of people like you, Jan Brewer, who wants to let people die.

-Removing redundancy.
-Getting rid of fraud.

Those are specifics?

I am speechless.

-Removing redundancy.
-Getting rid of fraud.

Nice propaganda. Care to join with the real discussion now?
I watched you demand links the other day in another post. How bout you provide one now instead of the sillyness of your last post.

Forum List

Back